Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello, I've haven't been here for awhile because I've been mostly clear until I indulged in a little sushi last week with it's iodine rich seaweed last week and had a pretty good break out, the first in a long while.

So, I know this has been mentioned beofore but just a reminder to everyone to see if they aren't afffected by iodine sensitivity like I am.

Iodine truly was the missing link in solving my acne troubles. I just avoid all japanese food -seaweed in boiled into a tasy broth for even the rice I believe and certainly it's in the miso soup and its the green wrapping around nori rolls and the like. I also double check my vitamins to see that carageen is not a binder, this is very common. It's incrediably easy live without and for me the difference is without compare.

Hope this helps.

i went back on a raw food diet and haven't had any sashimi and am doing better than ever.. maybe this is why.. thanks..

is there iodine in celtic sea salt.. if so.. uh oh..

Yes - iodine has been linked to acne flares. I stopped eating sushi as well, and cut out most salty foods. I wonder how much iodine is in seafood (other than sushi)? I eat things like tuna and salmon. I wonder how problematic they are?

can somone direct me or elaborate on the scientific or somewhat logical explanation regarding the relation between iodine and acne? gracias thx