Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
birdybird41

insane cyst that won't go away!! help!!

I had a cyst injected on the bottom of my chin about a week and a half ago.....it seemed to go down ok- the derm only used a small amount because I have ended up with indentations before from cyst injections that were either too strong, or too deep...

Well, last night, I noticed it was getting redder, and it hurt all night long...this morning, it is bright red, hurting and feels and looks awful....I managed to cover it with some cover up as much as I could and am going back to the derm in a couple of hours.....

Should I get it re-injected?? Drained???

Anyone ever had this happen??? I am soooooo bummed and sad and depressed and anxious!! I could hardly sleep last night worrying about it..... :wall:

any help would be great.....

Put a wash cloth in some warm water and hold it on to the cyst for about 10 min that should help a bit with the swelling.

It's infected, so logically, it's going to SWELL and be INFLAMED.

The reason that your skin got indented was due to the fact that the cyst caused permanent cellular damage, not because of the injection. If you have a cut, the skin repairs itself level to the skin surface. But if you have a cystic infection, the damage to the cells can be permanent and the cellular loss results in the indentation.

At this point, you could try antibiotics to reach this deep cyst or try to make your skin peel faster so that the infection will rise to the skin surface.

If you want to peel the skin faster, try slapping on a very small corn remover to the cyst for a few hours. Also apply benzoyl peroxide afterwards so that it can try to penetrate the surrounding areas of the cyst which are susceptible to spreading infection.

Cysts simply take too long to go down, so you're in this for the long haul!

All too familiar with this.... it needs to be drained..i usually have to get it injected before it gets too big and inflamed cause if it does an injection will not get rid of it, i have to have them lanced. If they are small cysts then they just inject 'em. probably toolate for you to see all your replies but let us know what you had done.

Another option is put an ice pack over the cyst to get the swelling down also you could put some toothpaste over it to kill it down.

hope this helps also garlic is good to put over it.

All too familiar with this.... it needs to be drained..i usually have to get it injected before it gets too big and inflamed cause if it does an injection will not get rid of it, i have to have them lanced. If they are small cysts then they just inject 'em. probably toolate for you to see all your replies but let us know what you had done.

Thanks so much....I just got back and she tried to poke it and squeeze something out of it, but all that came out was blood.... :cry: She said she didn't want to cut into it because it was so inflamed and large, she felt she might do more harm than good.... So, she injected it with 2 cc's more of cortisone and wrote me a prescrip for 7 days of Cipro, to cut any chances of it getting more infected, just in case it's staph or something.....( i was on doxy, but apparently, it didn't cut it for me)

I'll likely get a sink hole now.... :wall: But.....God help me, this thing needs to go down now...it is just so painful and red and I HATE CYSTS!!!

She did mention Accutane but for now is trying me on sprironalactone...?? I"m going to post a separate thread about that....

YOU DON'T SQUEEZE BLOOD! YOU ONLY SQUEEZE PUS WHEN IT IS VISIBLE ON THE SKIN SURFACE!

I didn't squeeze it!! the Derm poked it with a sterile instrument and lightly manipulated it to see if she could get anything out, but nothing came out but a bit of blood...I guess it was too deep, so she injected a tiny bit more cortisone into it...

I KNOW NOT TO SQUEEZE BY MYSELF UNLESS THERE IS PUS VISIBLE! but thanks for the extra warning :)

YOU DON'T SQUEEZE BLOOD! YOU ONLY SQUEEZE PUS WHEN IT IS VISIBLE ON THE SKIN SURFACE!

I didn't squeeze it!! the Derm poked it with a sterile instrument and lightly manipulated it to see if she could get anything out, but nothing came out but a bit of blood...I guess it was too deep, so she injected a tiny bit more cortisone into it...

I KNOW NOT TO SQUEEZE BY MYSELF UNLESS THERE IS PUS VISIBLE! but thanks for the extra warning :)

There, there, lad, I was only trying to prevent you from becoming the severely scarred old man that I've become. :evil:

There, there, lad, I was only trying to prevent you from becoming the severely scarred old man that I've become. :evil:

I know....Believe me, I've learned the hard way not to pick at cysts....it NEVER helps and I, too, have the scars to prove it..... :cry: