Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hypoglycemic

Now derm WON'T give me accutane!!

Now the derm is saying I don't need accutane because he likes the way my skin looks (even though he injected two cysts today).

Sure, it cleared up a couple of the cysts... but what, am I supposed to stay on high-dose antibiotics for the rest of my life? This is absurd.

I have to go back in two weeks, and I won't be taking the doxycycline during that period.

:doh:

tell him that you know where he can shove that doxycycline.

if he doesn't want to give you accutane, find a new derm.

maybe if you state your location in this world, others might recommend a dr. in your area that isn't afraid to do his job: HELP PEOPLE

Go back to him with a permanent red marker pen and a wet washcloth. Put large round red spots all over his face, neck and such and tell him hes allowed to rub off one spot every few days with his hand. He can't have the washcloth to wash them all off quickly. Because using his hand is working.

Anyway, seriously, sorry to hear that :( *hug*

Go back to him with a permanent red marker pen and a wet washcloth. Put large round red spots all over his face, neck and such and tell him hes allowed to rub off one spot every few days with his hand. He can't have the washcloth to wash them all off quickly. Because using his hand is working.

Anyway, seriously, sorry to hear that :( *hug*

Bwah! Well, at least I'm laughing hard right now, so that's an improvement :)

kc11... I live in New York. My current derm is in midtown Manhattan... I chose him because he was close to where I work (near the UN).

I'm sure there's gotta be some amazing derms in NYC... I'd especially love to find someone who would admit that I have a hormonal imbalance and get to the bottom of it.

The derm group is located in northern New Jersy, I'm not exactly sure how far it is from NY. And they seem to have no problem prescribing accutane.The Derm Group

From what I can tell from their website it's the only thing they use to treat acne.

The derm group is located in northern New Jersy, I'm not exactly sure how far it is from NY. And they seem to have no problem prescribing accutane.The Derm Group

From what I can tell from their website it's the only thing they use to treat acne.

Thanks for the link, I think they're really far away from me, though, and I dno't have a car. Oh well.