Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jen121

Pimples on lips?? Accutane?

Okay during the day yesterday I noticed about 5-6 little whitish bumps outlining my upper lip (where lipliner would be) I freaked out thinking they were warts... looked up pics of warts on lips and freaked out even worse to where I could barely sleep last night.

Then I read somewhere a derm said that oral warts are rare. And that its usually a condition called Forcye's condition.. which is an overreaction of sebaceous glands and that accutane can help clear it... OKAY ive been on accutane for nearly 5 months (im almost done with my course).

Now im wondering if its pimples of somesort.. but I didnt think you could get pimples on your lips! Please help me out guys... I am having this heavy feeling of anxiety I cant keep seeing the doctor... its emptying out my bank account :doubt:

Please :cry:

I'm not on accutane, but the only advice I can give is that I get pimples around my lips in times of high stress/hormonal imbalance. But that is just me...

may i start off by saying u look fukin hot u resemble Michelle Rodriguez to the tee, as for the pimples on the lips i get them to, mine r usually blackheads sum whiteheads, but shit i cant complain accutane was a gift sent by the gods.

acne on the lips, is the MOST PAINFUL ones in my opinion, tho i dont get them on there often, there usually have on the skin half on the lip

i agree with above, you look like michelle rod!

To clarify: These bumps are on my lips not on the skin around it.

It looks as if its spreading on both sides. And it feels sort of grainy, but then again I didnt exfoilate them today so maybe its just all the excess skin everywhere... its really gross and embarassing to be in school right now with this! :redface:

It would make me feel better to see my derm but If it is something relating to accutane or something that will subside on its own, then I dont want to make such a big deal about it. Ahhhhhhhh I feel like such a mess! :doubt:

I may know what you're talking about. When I look at my face extremely close up, I can see tiny white things in each pore right on the outer edge from my lip. I think they're just tiny clogged pores or mini-whiteheads. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Hopefully the Accutane will help.

Thanks for all the replys... I am starting to feel better from the people saying they have it too.

Yeah its little bumps that started yesterday along the line of my upper lip and it seems to be like a blister or something. They are either kinda white or have white in the center... im not sure because my lips are pink :confused:

The have sort of a tingly feeling when my lips are dry and yes kittenkaboodle... I can only see them really close up.

The mistake I made was to look up "warts on lips" last night and I saw cauliflower looking things on peoples poor lips... I was absolutely disgusted to think I might develop that...

Also if it was warts.. do you think it would really be possible to develop that quickly? Like in a matter of hours and i am not sexually active nor do I share drinks or food with others. I have always been careful about that... I just really hope they are not warts :pray:

UGH 17 more days of accutane.. I cant wait to be done!

Anymore ideas of what this may be?

p.s) whose michelle rodriguez?

Hi Jen!! Not sure if by now your "white pimples" around your lips are gone. According to the description you provided, sounds like you have a "cold sore" (Herpes Virus type 1). I know it sounds shocking to hear the word "Herpes" especially for someone that has taken the proper precautions. Don't worry this is nothing to be ashamed is very common. Any of us can catch this without even knowing, simply for kissing someone who has an active episode.

The best thing to do is DO NOT POP the blisters and maintain a good hygiene to prevent speeding them. If you can apply Abreva or try to get a RX for Zovirax Cream 5 %.

Good luck!!

Claudia.

These aren't pimples they're fever blisters. aka cold sores. They look like little clear boils/bumps when they first pop up. fortunately they have good meds these days. I use denavir - which is prescription but it's easy to get a prescritpion - just call up your doc. but hte otc now is good as well. If your desperate use a wet a tea bag and hold it on the bumps - it will evenutally dry it out.

First to the two people who posted above me, you are talking about the same thing, fever blisters are herpes.

Here is some info on herpes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herpes

And here is some info on fever blisters (aka herpes)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fever_blister

Here is a quote about herpes from http://www.animated-teeth.com/cold_sores/t1_cold_sores.htm

" * The first signs of the infection are characterized by nonspecific constitutional symptoms such as: fever, irritability, headache, and pain upon swallowing.

* A day or so after the infection's initial signs have appeared the person's mouth becomes painful and their gums become intensely inflamed.

* Usually by day three of the infection a number of tiny blisters have formed throughout the person's mouth.

* These blisters soon rupture resulting in gray colored ulcers.

* These ulcers can be very painful and often interfere with a person's ability to eat.

* The ulcers will eventually heal. Usually the entire infection has run its course within 10 to 14 days. "

As you can see, neither look like what she is describing.

Also I highly doubt it is warts because, at least for me, I only got one in a six month period or so, and then I would get another. I don't think people get a bunch of warts in the same place all at once. Sorry I can't help on offering what it is, but I don't think it is either of the above 3/2.

-bob

p.s) whose michelle rodriguez?

haha, basically the most bangin chick ever (maybe not ever but still hot), and you do kind of look like her -nice

hey that cauliflower looking blister on the lip you saw when you googled is more representative of an STD, "cauliflower" looking breakout can happen on your mouth and genital areas

Yes I know herpes simplex I is the same as cold sores, fever blisters. I just think fever blisters are a more descriptive name. And yes this is not the STD kind of herpes.

I don't know where you got your symptoms from , but they're for mouth uclers not feverl blisters. I have gotten at least 25 different fever blister outbreaks. You can get ulcers on your lips but they tend to be on the wet side - not on the borders.

What she described is exactly like fever blisters - they look like warts.

Leslie

ok. sorry Looked at your link and it was fever blisters, but they symptoms were for the

"*initial* infection of the herpes simplex virus " The first one. From then on you don'et get sick.

If you don't remember having had the classic signs and symptoms of primary herpetic stomatitis it might be because you experienced them as a small child. Most cases occur before the age of 7."

Leslie

Fever blisters and cold sores are just different names for herpes lesions. They are all highly contageous on any mucous membrane or on broken skin. It is best to have this breakout looked at by a doctor so you know what you're dealing with.

Hey! They went away in 1 day! yayyyy :dance: I guess it was the dryness from accutane :wacko:

I have never had a cold sore and i have not been kissing around or sharing drinks so for the record, I do not have herpes... thanks ;)

I am having the same problem. At first I thought I had herpes, I was freaked out. Then I calmed down and kind of accepted herpes (after seeing it is very common).

But then 2 and a half weeks passed and I had continuous breakouts, they only lasted 1-2 days, they disappeared and new ones appeared. So I called my derm again (I hadn't went to see him) and he told me to go and see him. After seeing me he told me it wasn't herpes, that it was an infection due to constant lip licking (and probably insufficiency in vitamin B).

Taking Care of Pimples on Lips

Pimples are small inflamed lesions on the skin. As with acne they often develop as a result of clogged or infected pores on your skin. Sometimes pimples will develop once a whitehead or blackhead becomes infected. If you have pimples you should treat them immediately so that it doesn’t develop into more frequent outbreaks or a serious form of acne. If acne is left untreated then it could lead to major scarring on your skin.

Perhaps one of the most unsightly and uncomfortable areas for pimples is on the lips. They often resemble cold sores and you feel like everyone can notice them. Sometimes they may be big enough that everyone can notice them. However, these pimples can often also make it difficult to eat or talk if they become large enough and painful enough. Therefore, you should focus on treating them right away to improve both your physical and emotional state.

Treating Pimples

Perhaps the best way to treat pimples on the lips is to prevent them from happening in the first place so you can avoid the pain and discomfort they cause. To do this you need to have a regular regimen of cleaning your skin and face so that you can remove the excess particles of dirt and oil that clog your pores and lead to pimple breakouts. The better you skin cleaning regimen, the better you skin health. While these regimens can be long and tedious you will have great benefits as a result.

However if you already have pimples there are things you can do to get rid of them. The best piece of advise when dealing with pimples on the lips is to avoid trying to extract the pus from the pimple yourself. This will often lead to a spreading of the infection and scarring around the area.

To prevent the pimples from spreading you should avoid touching your face as often as possible. By continually touching your face you will be spreading germs around your face and transferring bacteria from your hands which will only increase the severity of the outbreak. In addition, the friction that is caused by touching the pimple will make it close up which should you need to pop it will make it much more difficult and lead to worse scarring.

Preventing Further Outbreaks

Once you have had pimples you will do anything to avoid a further breakout. The easiest way to prevent this from happening is to use cleansers. You will need to find a cleanser that is oil-free and antibacterial in nature. When applying the cleanser be careful not to scrub too hard since your skin needs some oil in order for it to remain healthy. By scrubbing your face too hard you will cause the skin to become dry which leads to more pimple outbreaks and that’s what your trying to avoid.

You should cleanse as deep as possible but be moderate at the same time. Some dermatologists will even recommend that for those with sensitive skin you cleanse with only water and a mild soap such as baby soap. No matter what product you use it is important that you don’t switch cleansers too often since this can lead to skin allergies which will cause problems in addition to your pimples.

Popping Pimples

If you desire to pop your pimples so you can be rid of them as soon as possible then you should be sure you do it under the most sanitary conditions. Only whiteheads and blackheads should be popped but if you are careful you can do the same for pimples. Improper popping of pimples can lead to spread of the infection which leads to more outbreaks and if the needles are not properly sanitized it can lead to a skin infection which can cause additional problems. Always use sterile products and make sure you hands are washed completely both before and after you pop the pimple.