Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Da Real BucK

any men here 'clear' NOT using the SensorExcel Razor?

Is Gillette SensorExcel Razor really an essential to the CSR? Can anyone justify a big boost in results by switching to this razor?

Ever sense I got the Dans Wash I have had only 1 pimple in the past 2 weeks, but I just felt a big one coming along my chin. Both pimples have come up in "shaving areas". I'm simply wondering and hoping that this razor will be the last component to reach perfection. Their not too cheap. =/

Is Gillette SensorExcel Razor really an essential to the CSR? Can anyone justify a big boost in results by switching to this razor?

Ever sense I got the Dans Wash I have had only 1 pimple in the past 2 weeks, but I just felt a big one coming along my chin. Both pimples have come up in "shaving areas". I'm simply wondering and hoping that this razor will be the last component to reach perfection. Their not too cheap. =/

I've switched to a traditional double-edge safety razor after years of using Gillette blades ranging from the Sensor to the Mach. In addition to acne, I suffer from 'razor bumps,' an affliction of ingrown hairs that tends to be exacerbated by multi-blade razors. What some people suspect str pimples in shaving areas can sometimes be razor bumps. DE blades are also far cheaper than the new blades.

There are a few good websites and d-boards on double edged razor shaving, just do a search using terms "wet shaving," "DE Razors," or "Double-Edge Razor."

i used the sensor excel before i even came here lol! i still do as well, i love it. i like the way it pivots in the middle of the blade instead of on the bottom edge.. all the others pivot from the edge and it just doesnt seem to shave as nicely like that, and its easier to get tidy sideburns and do fiddly bits with the smaller head on the sensor excel.

honestly though it doesnt really matter.. use whichever one gives you the best shave. what does matter is how you shave. so remember to always shave with the grain and to do it after a shower when the hairs are softer. also be sure to take your time and do it carefully

For me, like rodd above, the razor doesn't matter to me as much as the way I shave. Using a fresh blade every week and shaving with the grain keeps the razor bumps and related break-outs at bay.

Cam >B)

I did the search you said, and came up with this link:

http://www.emsplace.com/Wet_Shaving_Articles.htm

THAT is a good guide for shaving. I've had a feeling that much of what I thought was acne, perhaps were ingrown hairs and razor bumps, so I will definately give the DE a try. Thanks a lot for the info :) (Look like my father was too slobby when teaching me how to shave :liar: )

I've switched to a traditional double-edge safety razor after years of using Gillette blades ranging from the Sensor to the Mach. In addition to acne, I suffer from 'razor bumps,' an affliction of ingrown hairs that tends to be exacerbated by multi-blade razors. What some people suspect str pimples in shaving areas can sometimes be razor bumps. DE blades are also far cheaper than the new blades.

There are a few good websites and d-boards on double edged razor shaving, just do a search using terms "wet shaving," "DE Razors," or "Double-Edge Razor."

how can i tell if i am geting irritated skin? cause i use the cheap razors it does feel like it tugs on the hair a little bit could that be a bad sign? cause i dont see any visual difference after shaving.

I use the Mach 3 Turbo and have stayed clear. The recommendation of that particular razor seems more like an advertisement for it rather than a necessity to stay clear. A razor is a razor.

can someone tell me how I could notice if the razors I am using are affecting my acne? I'm doing the regimen perfectly and have progrossed alot but I am still having 1-2 active pimples, would really like to get rid of it all completely. How can I know if the razor I am using is causing break-outs? I don't visually 'see' any irritation from shaving, but it doesnt feel like the smoothest razor.

can someone tell me how I could notice if the razors I am using are affecting my acne? I'm doing the regimen perfectly and have progrossed alot but I am still having 1-2 active pimples, would really like to get rid of it all completely. How can I know if the razor I am using is causing break-outs? I don't visually 'see' any irritation from shaving, but it doesnt feel like the smoothest razor.

Every face reacts differently to different razors. Most of my friends get clean, close shaves with Mac3s, Sensors, or other multi-blade razors. But for me, they make me break out like crazy with razor bumps. I'm Asian, but I understand that this problem is especially acute for Blacks.

I know for me, the problem is distinguishable from traditional acne or pimples in that the razor bump cysts are larger, much firmer, and last way longer -- a nightmare. This is caused by the stubble becoming ingrown rather than growing straight out.

One side note, I think it is very important to disinfect your blade (regardless of what type of razor you use) between shaves. Most men just rinse off the razor in hot running water, but the dirt, debris, and skin cells in a razor can irritate your face. I just dip mine in alcohol or hydrogen peroxide and rinse with water between uses.