Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blondie

What kind of bread is everyone eating???

All I can find at the store is whole wheat, and since it is not supposed to be good for acne and gluten is supposed to be irritating, what should I get? All the rye bread has wheat in it anyway. And some of these whole wheat breads even have HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP! WTF? Don't say Ezekiel bread. That stuff sucks. Any suggestions? Should I just give up on bread? Make my own (like I have time :rolleyes: )???

I can't seem to find a good bread either. I recently bought a bread by 'Glutino" its gluten and wheat free but it tastes so bad, I can't stand it.

I think decent bread is one of the first things to go on an acne diet. Sorry. I have tried some of the ENER G range, but I don't think it tastes much like bread either. However, when I am looking for a base to spread my avocado and chicken on, I make this do ...

i eat potato bread. mmm.

and what bread, its not whole wheat though.

I eat potato bread too. Any type of plain bread is fine. The people that say bread is a problem with acne are rare cases and individual cases. There are far worse things to eat that will aggravate your acne before it comes to bread. Also don't put anything on the bread. Eat it plain and refridgerated. If absolutely necessary you can toast it too. Case closed.

:ninja:

I can't seem to find a good bread either. I recently bought a bread by 'Glutino" its gluten and wheat free but it tastes so bad, I can't stand it.

My gluten free friet bread tastes great.

You can even make your own gluten free bread at home.

IPB Image

Ingredients: tapioca starch, non fat milk solids, raising agents(575, sodium bicarbonate), vegetable gums (412, 415, 464), whey powder, soy flour, emulsifiers (soy lecithin, 471, 472b, 481), whey protein, begetable oil, glucose syrup solids (from maize), sugar, salt. Made on equipment that also processes egg, tree nuts, sesame seeds, peanuts & sulphites.

I've been eating basically nothing but fruits, veggies, and seeds for 5 days and my acne is a lot calmer. I just had my first piece of (whole wheat) bread today and I'll continue to have bread in moderation for the next few days. If I don't break out then I'll know that gluten grains aren't a problem. Like Necromancer said, gluten bread allergies are rare cases.

Although, this potato bread sounds quite interesting.