Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
needclear

A Guy that needs makeup help

Hey everybody,

I am a guy and have tried using makeup to conceal my acne and some mild/moderate scarring but for some reason durring the daytime i feel that it is noticible at times or looks unnatural, i usually dry the makeup so that it can become more thick than liquidy, it works better. Sometimes i break out, sometimes i dont...not a good risk nevertheless. Have been using CG "clean makeup" classic ivory...maybe not a perfect skin color match, but close. I was wondering what makeup product would be good for a guy, and if i need foundation or concealer because i do not know the differences in makeup. What product do i need in order to get as close/natural to my skin as possible and give me good scarring coverage without breakouts.

Thanks so much guys!

bro i got this stuff from CoverGirl called TruBlend.. since I got some what of a tan I got the "Classic Tan" color. On the back says Oil Free, Wont clog pores, derm tested... i use it every day and ive had like 1-2 pimples in the past 2 weeks cuz i use the cheapest razors made lol so im pretty sure it doesnt break no1 out. cant live without that stuff. cheap too.

IPB Image

got it at walmart, seen it at walgreens and publix too

bro i got this stuff from CoverGirl called TruBlend.. since I got some what of a tan I got the "Classic Tan" color. On the back says Oil Free, Wont clog pores, derm tested... i use it every day and ive had like 1-2 pimples in the past 2 weeks cuz i use the cheapest razors made lol so im pretty sure it doesnt break no1 out. cant live without that stuff. cheap too.

Cover_Girl_Tru_Blend_Liquid_Foundation-resized200.jpg

got it at walmart, seen it at walgreens and publix too

thnx 4 the help bro...u got any suggestions as far as concealer?

i just use my foundation as concealer. i dont wear a heavy mask of foundation, just spotting it on red marks. use lots of moisturizer when you use makeup, coz if u have dry skin its REALLY obvious u hve makeup on.

I have a hard time advocating drugstore makeup. At least when it comes to foundation. You can't try it on, so you can spend hundreds on dollars on a lower quality product trying to find a good match, when you can go to sephora and spend as little as 20 on a really good product. It's like shoes, usually, you get what you pay for. Now, with that said, no, you don't NEED foundation and concealer. You can go with either or. I say, concealer. Check out Kevyn Aucoin's books. He has some great tips for make up for men. If you absolutely must go the drugstore route, I hear good things about neutrogena. I would avoid cover girl because their foundations are red based. You want something yellow based, even if you're very fair. For men, I often recommend just opting for a tinted moisturizer. Very sheer coverage, but it's easest to avoid any lines of demarcation (that's awful line on your jaw that makes it look like you're wearing a mask). Try BeneFit You Rebel or Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturizer Tinted.