Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was taking the b-50 complex for the first couple months then after reading a couple users suggest that they got better results when they stopped taking it, I stopped. So far I havent seen any improvement since I stopped using the b-50 complex so I am thinking about taking it again.

also, do you guys take a multi-vit? I stopped taking my multi-vitamin because it contains 100% worth of biotin. I read from a couple users suggesting that biotin deficiancy will help the b5 work faster.]

any thoughts?

Take the complex!!!!

I take a multivitamin B complex.

It is better to be safe than sorry, the whole point of taking a complex is because megadosing on B5 will cause vitamin deficiences. The complex will balance your system. Don't start missing out vital steps to try and make B5 work quicker, it will cause you more harm in the long run!

I have taken a complex from the start of my B5 treatment, and look at me now. It hasn't hindered the effects of B5 for me. :D

I think the whole point in taking B5 is BECAUSE it causes vitamin deficiency, specifically a

Biotin deficiency and it's that deficiency that causes a reduction in sebum from sebaceous glands.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that you'll see some results when taking a B complex with the B5, but I think ultimately if you are seeking perfection dropping the B complex is the only way to go.

Cheers

Craig

I personally don't, but I'm not an expert in this. I know that it works for me without the complex, but if you're afraid of side effects, what harm would be in taking the complex?

To be honest, i was on B5 without B complex and i had some weird symptoms, i stopped for now, i think i will give a rest before trying again, with B complex this time

I think the whole point in taking B5 is BECAUSE it causes vitamin deficiency, specifically a

Biotin deficiency and it's that deficiency that causes a reduction in sebum from sebaceous glands.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that you'll see some results when taking a B complex with the B5, but I think ultimately if you are seeking perfection dropping the B complex is the only way to go.

Cheers

Craig

Can anyone confirm this??

I am pretty sure that a biotin deficiency is extremly dangerous and can lead to a series of problems......

'Biotin deficiency can have a very serious, even fatal, outcome if it is allowed to progress without treatment.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biotin#Biotin_deficiency

There is also evidence that a Biotin DEFICIENCY can cause EXCESS sebum:

'Biotin deficiency can lead to skin rash, seborrhea (an increased discharge of sebum), and other conditions, along with potential hair loss.'--- taken from here: http://www.vitacost.com/newsletter/newsletter.cfm?nl=208

Cheers

Craig

I am pretty sure that a biotin deficiency is extremly dangerous and can lead to a series of problems......

'Biotin deficiency can have a very serious, even fatal, outcome if it is allowed to progress without treatment.'

'Biotin deficiency can lead to skin rash, seborrhea (an increased discharge of sebum), and other conditions, along with potential hair loss.'--- taken from here: http://www.vitacost.com/newsletter/newsletter.cfm?nl=208

I think long term certainly can do. If I was to do it myself now (not recommending it though), I'd probably do b5 on its own to try and get a "base" level where I can tell the oil on me is reducing and acne lessened. Then I'd try introducing a 5 complex and see if it affects it. If it does, possibly try the sep B's to see if there's just one like Biotin thats the problem.

The problem is, if as some of us think it works by causing a Biotin deficiency then its a problem whatever, and you will probably just end up increasing the dose of B5 to comensate (which decreases the Biotin even further, so still as bad).

It's just a bit weird as you could be having a B5 complex and still be just as deficient but you "think" you're safe as you are taking something (just for b5 to deplete) and have a false sense of security.

Try and see, but also try and take breaks away from B5, I don't think permanent B5 megadosing is that good an idea, but it may help.

Cheers

Craig

I think long term certainly can do. If I was to do it myself now (not recommending it though), I'd probably do b5 on its own to try and get a "base" level where I can tell the oil on me is reducing and acne lessened. Then I'd try introducing a 5 complex and see if it affects it. If it does, possibly try the sep B's to see if there's just one like Biotin thats the problem.

The problem is, if as some of us think it works by causing a Biotin deficiency then its a problem whatever, and you will probably just end up increasing the dose of B5 to comensate (which decreases the Biotin even further, so still as bad).

It's just a bit weird as you could be having a B5 complex and still be just as deficient but you "think" you're safe as you are taking something (just for b5 to deplete) and have a false sense of security.

Try and see, but also try and take breaks away from B5, I don't think permanent B5 megadosing is that good an idea, but it may help.

Many people believe that vitamin b5 works cause it is needed to form coenzyme-A (CoA), and is critical in the metabolism and synthesis of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. so basically what it does is produces more of this (CoA), which may be defficient in individuals with acne since the b5 is being used in onther parts of the body for more important functions, like puberty for example. So basically the excess fats that arent synthesised are excreted from the oil glands as oil and thus acne forms. with b5 suppliments more (CoA) is produced so oil production is decreased.

I'm not sure exactly where biotin fits into the equation, personally i dont like the idea of becoming deficient in such an improtant vitamin as biotin, the side effects are too sever in my opinion.

If the reason that B5 works is due to the (CoA) than a b-complex shouldn't hinder the effect, if it isnt and its due to something else than i guess taking a b-complex might effect the success rate.

I read a post recently by 555 where he said that he was able to find a direct (CoA) suppliment and he is going to try that out instead of taking B5 suppliments to see if the same effect is achieved. a direct suppliment should be much more effective that mega dosing B5 to be able to produce it, it may be the next step in B5 type treatment.

Guest been13years

I stopped taking a B complex. I have tried off and on to take one over the years to give me more energy but I end up having a breakout every time I do. I'm just letting the B5 do it's thing. I take a multivitamin every other day and try to eat healthy foods with fruit and veg.

i didnt take the complex . i feel fine and am still healthy. no defficiencies. also extra amounts of b5 shouldnt create defficiencies of other b vitamins since ur body still has themm its just now theres extra amounts of b5..

also my skin cleared up just fine with out the complex..

its your call whether u wanna take it or not

i think i'm gonna try a couple of weeks without the complex to see how it goes, ill make a log of how things go and post it here if anyone is interested. I noticed that ever since i started taking the complex i broke out a little, and progress wasnt as good as before :wall:

Also i dunno if anyone else has noticed this apart from me taking all that b5 has definatly made me more muscular, in my arms mostly...