Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Femina Mala Est

Stem Cell Technology the Eventual Answer?

Stem cell therapy will allow people to regain lost hair, remove wrinkles by renewing skins, and grow new nerves for paralyzed patients, Michael Klentze, director of the Klentze Institute of Anti-aging in Munich, Germany, told Reuters.

link

I wonder how far away this ability to grow new skin is. Perhaps soft-tissue loss will one day be a thing of the past, and treatments will finally get more sophisticated than 're-wound yourself and hope it heals better this time around.'

wow, interesting article.

Would be good to live healthier lives while we live, but im personally dubious about the life extension part of it. Would be great to live longer, but wonder what impact that would have on the worlds resources, especially for countries such as China which have difficulties with over population as is. They say overpopulation is not only due to increased births, but also due to the average life span being longer...

But anyway..this is about skin. If this technology could grow me new skin/repair it and i could afford it, id jump on that bandwagon right away! I wish this technology was available (with all the clinical trials passed) to us now. No matter what people say, a huge percentage of scar sufferers here would feel reborn in a sense. I know that i do not do things that i would do at the drop of a hat if i did not have scars as I am constantly aware of them. Im sad that even in my eight year relationship with my ex i was never totally relaxed about him seeing my skin. If i had my head on his lap for example, i would try not to let my head slip to one side, esp the side where my scarring is worse for fear of disgusting him. The stress and anxiety i get from my skin takes its toll physically, emotionally and mentally.

Heres hoping for an advance in technology... =]

Stem cell therapy will allow people to regain lost hair, remove wrinkles by renewing skins, and grow new nerves for paralyzed patients, Michael Klentze, director of the Klentze Institute of Anti-aging in Munich, Germany, told Reuters.

link

I wonder how far away this ability to grow new skin is. Perhaps soft-tissue loss will one day be a thing of the past, and treatments will finally get more sophisticated than 're-wound yourself and hope it heals better this time around.'

They've been talking about this for decades. I don't think in this lifetime sorry

link

God I know that is what I have been praying for lately. Its amazing how many things technology can fix but I wish some greedy genius doctors would hurry up and make it possible to regenerate scarfree normal skin. I would pay an arm and a leg for this miracle in my dreams treatment.

this was posted many many months ago as the solution to disfiguring acne scars and burns. I think this could be a great solution to the burns, but not so sure about the acne scars. There would always be a line from where the new skin was grafted. I dont know with face lifts they are able to cut and stitch without noticable scars.

This wouls only be a solution to horrid acne scarring I would think. In any case making new skin that is essentially the same as your own would be great for transplant patients. Just imagine how terrible it would be if the transplant people had their body reject their new faces.