Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
laura lou

off topic.....but september 11th!

thought id just make a quick post here coz its 5 years on from the day we all remember!!

R.I.P to all those victims who died in the 9/11 terrorist attacks!!! :cry:

I live in the suburbs of DC and dude it was nuts here. I'll never forget I was in Spanish 2 in the morning when it happened, and I called my friend an idiot at lunch for saying planes crashed into the WTC and Pentagon(nobody knew yet.) Lots of kids went home or were crying because their parents work in the Pentagon. Crazy, very sad day. :(

im in england and i remember that die like nothing else. I rememver coming home from schoool, and my mum was like, watch the newsd laura, and i did, but i cried esp after watching people jump to their deaths!!!!!!! Evil world we live in!

Guest Sebastian_K

5 years ago to the day, i remember being at school and everyone, talking about the WTC being hit and collapsing.

So im like 'Whats the World Trade Center?'

Stupid, ignorant 15 year old kid.

It really was a sad day. I was on a training course at the time. I was in my hotel room, and i switched on the news and there was a picture of the world trade centre on fire. I didn't really pay much attention to it- how ignorant am I? I just kept on doing my work!

Anyway, eventually i realised the seriousness of the situation and was totally gobsmacked.

I watched a documentary/drama about the 9/11 the other day, and i cried most of the way through it. Seeing the pictures again, watching real people jumping from the top floors, knowing they were gonna break as they hit the ground. Awful, really awful! :(:cry:

5 years ago to the day, i remember being at school and everyone, talking about the WTC being hit and collapsing.

So im like 'Whats the World Trade Center?'

Stupid, ignorant 15 year old kid.

haha..i asked the same question to my neighboor when we were walking home from school. i was 11. and when it happened i was in 6th grade and they didnt even tell us or let us watch anything. all they did was give us a note at the end of the day.

It was scary because that day my Grandma was on an airplane flying to New york to make a connecting flight when that whole thing happened, and I was so scared thinking she was on one of those planes. But thankfully she wasn't :angel:

I live in New York and 5 years ago I was in High School.

I remember I was in my History class when my teacher told us the news that one tower got hit by a plane. Then, I went to my Art class and we listened to the radio and heard about the second plane and the pantagon building...I thought that would be the end of us because I kept on hearing different news all the time, it was so scary... we were all in shocked. Then, I went home earlier, I'll never ever forget the scene I saw on the streets...it was kinda empty and quiet!! And the sky was kinda grey (in the morning, the sun was shining).

I came back home and saw my parents and sister watching the news... I'll never forget those pictures I saw of the two towers falling... it was devestating. I think I watched the news for the entire day and I couldn't sleep. My brother was next to the Twin Towers, but luckily, he wasn't injured and he walked on the bridge just like everyone else.

I remember, about a year ago, I went with my grandfather to the Twin Towers... first time I've been there (since I just came from abroad). I remember I told him that we should come back there 'cause I loved those big stores on the level floor. Unfortunately, I didn't get the chance to get to the top.

I can't believe it's been 5 years already!!! it went really fast. We should NEVER forget... but it's amazing how we moved on.... and New York city will always be strong.