Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
booster

acne on face but not back/sholders/etc.?

When I was young (in high school), I had mild acne, where I would always have zits on my face, some on the neck, and some on my back and chest. Over time, without even noticing, the zits on my back and chest went away on their own. I never get any there these days. My face meanwhile still gets zits now again again (I usually have between 1 and 5 active zits at a time).

I've been thinking a lot about it recently, and there must be a reason why my face still breaks out yet nothing else does.

Has anyone else experiened this before? I'm using only dove soap now since it's very gentle, and hopefully in a year or so I'll be able to just wash in the shower once a day and be fine. I'm trying to get my face to the point where I don't even have to think about it anymore.

Well I've had the exact same thing happen. I used to have acne on my back and chest pretty bad, now its just my face. Anyone know why its just the face now??

Oh and booster, do u use any products on ur face?

Well I've had the exact same thing happen. I used to have acne on my back and chest pretty bad, now its just my face. Anyone know why its just the face now??

Oh and booster, do u use any products on ur face?

Bit of a complicated question, but here goes.

Back in high school I didn't really know much of anything about skin care, so in the mornings I would just wash my face with the usual ivory bar soap. It dried my skin out bad and I broke out. Around the last year of high school I switched to some basic noxzema stuff and over time it cleared me up, more or less. I still had a few zits, but nothing bad, just mostly red marks and scars.

At one point, I switched to the csr, not exactly sure why anymore. It broke me out bad at first, then calmed down, and for 3 or so years I was perfectly clear (got maybe 5-6 zits a year). Last february I quit that completely and tried just water, and I broke out. Then I switched to some cleansers (emu oil bar soap for a while, then Clean & Clear cleanser, and now finally dove soap). None of them worked as well as the csr.

All this time though, my back/shoulders/etc. have cleared on their own and have been fine for years. I'm pretty sure that using the csr set me back. I didn't have true acne, I don't think, just sensitive skin, which the ivory soap really dried out. Now I'm kind of stuck because my skin got used to bp and I'm having a lot of trouble getting of it (up until a few weeks ago I was still using it to spot treat).

I'm thinking now that I'll either have to go back on bp, or switch to a basic routine of just using dove soap in the shower in the morning, and maybe splashing some water on the face at night. The only problem is, it'll take a lot longer for me to see results from the latter.

So yeah, like I said, long and complicated answer.

The skin adopted to the new enviromnent, with alot of chemicals from crs and when invoronment is gone = skin functions differently :doh: i know it sucks

If you touch your face alot that could be a huge aggrivator. I rarely touch my face, even in the shower i won't wash it, I just let the water run on my face for a bit and feel good as new. The only time i ever touch my face is when i use Evoclin foam. This works pretty good IMO. It also could be from grinding your face into your pillow when you sleep. If you see flakes of skin on your pillow in the morning, you for sure have been grinding ur face!

well i never touch my face, and i sleep on my back so i dont think i grind my face...cheers anyway.

so does anyone else know why i am still getting it on my face but not back and chest?

Yeah my chest & back are clear now, but not my face. I cleared my back by just keeping conditioner off it, but my chest kinda healed itself.

For me, I think a lot of it is oil....my face is very oily but my back & chest are pretty normal. I also get bumps on the back of my arms where my skin tends to be dry. So I think either too little or too much oil in certain areas could be it. Of course that raises the question of why some skin on your body produces oil normally & other areas too much or too little? Hmmm....