Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rose_1

Acne product adds on tv......

Has any1 seen an acne/skin product add on tv with people who actually have acne/bad skin on them??

I was just watching 1...the neutrogena one and how the girl talks about blackheads...and i sat there thinking ummm you're face is flawless so what r u on about?

I've got a friend who was asked to comment in a mag (with her perfect skin) about 'clean & clear' and how good it is bla bla

and

the funny thing is...she told us that she didnt even put that crap on her skin...

just cant believe people will use topics which effect ppl psychologically just to earn money...if the product works yeh ok but they should be realistic....

Oh i hate those Clean and Clear [email protected]# Those girls have makeup on when they wash their face and it stays on! You can tell because the lip gloss is so shiny- its the dumbest thing.

Not to mention they usually get really close to some imaginative mirror and its not like you can see ANYTHING (because they HAVE nothing)

I know what you mean. Like there was this one commercial where this girl was like "Oh my gosh, look at this huge zit on my face!" And I'm like, okay what the hell is she talking about? There's nothing on her freakin' face! Like seriously, her skin was perfect. I think they should get actors who actually have acne. It would be a lot more convincing.

Has any1 seen an acne/skin product add on tv with people who actually have acne/bad skin on them??

I was just watching 1...the neutrogena one and how the girl talks about blackheads...and i sat there thinking ummm you're face is flawless so what r u on about?

I've got a friend who was asked to comment in a mag (with her perfect skin) about 'clean & clear' and how good it is bla bla

and

the funny thing is...she told us that she didnt even put that crap on her skin...

just cant believe people will use topics which effect ppl psychologically just to earn money...if the product works yeh ok but they should be realistic....

i made a post just like this a while back and i gota say...i totally agree with what u r saying.

I'm soo sick of watching these stupid adverts with ppl who say they have bad skin but have the most perfect skin ever! It just makes us acne sufferers feel even worse!

I think they should get people who actually have acne on those adverts so we can see some real results from the products.

The freederm advert gets on my nerves as well.....the girl has the clearest skin! argh!

They do show before and after photos on proactiv commercials and in the before the acne is usually pretty bad. But in I don;'t think I've seen a single pimple in any clean and clear commercial or anything like that.

They do show before and after photos on proactiv commercials and in the before the acne is usually pretty bad. But in I don;'t think I've seen a single pimple in any clean and clear commercial or anything like that.

I guess that's the point, they want to sell their product and regardless if it works or not they don't want to put someone who actually HAS acne because then ignorant people would think that it doesn't work. Therefore they THINK it works and they make stupid and thoughtless comments on how bad our skin looks and they say oh why don't u try oxy or proactiv :hand:

I know what you mean. Like there was this one commercial where this girl was like "Oh my gosh, look at this huge zit on my face!" And I'm like, okay what the hell is she talking about? There's nothing on her freakin' face! Like seriously, her skin was perfect. I think they should get actors who actually have acne. It would be a lot more convincing.

Yes, but then the products would actually have to work, and then what would they do! :)

Ive seen those commercials. They are infuriating. I also hate the proactiv ones with celebrities like lindsay lohan cuz Ive never seen her with acne and I really dont believe she uses it.

they prob get payed shitloads of money to say all that stuff.....

proactive was on the news here in Australia and it showed a teenage girl who used it and she said it ruined her face...apparantly she had perfect skin but bought it to use on pimples here n there at times and now her face is horrific... im glad they showed that...

proactive worked for me but as soon as i stopped made my face worse!!!