Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
discombongulated

SCITON LASER/MICROPEEL

hey all, the other day i talked to a dr. smith and she told me that she does a sciton laser and it is almost exactly like smoothbeam - it does the same thing smoothbeam does for acne/scars and also she gonna do a micropeel to even out texture first...has anyone heard of this or had it done??? anything would be really helpful

I have heard of the Sciton--it apparently is more precise and removes the skin layer by layer. It claims shorter healing times and less redness than the traditional CO2 and erbium. A plastic surgeon I used to go to wanted to perform this on me. Unfortunately, I haven't had too much success with lasers. sad.gif

hey stefany, well i talked to a secretary and she told me that it promotes collagen growth just like smoothbeam, its a nonablative procedure..she says she's seen very successful results and that i should too, im gonna get an appt. set up soon! so, how old are you? what type of scarring do you have? keep me posted

hey stefany, well i talked to a secretary and she told me that it promotes collagen growth just like smoothbeam, its a nonablative procedure..she says she's seen very successful results and that i should too, im gonna get an appt. set up soon! so, how old are you? what type of scarring do you have? keep me posted

Hmm...

So, I was originally supposed to have a Sciton laser session done in July (it fell through because the hospital I was supposed to have it at didn't buy the laser in time :-P). From what I've learned about laser resurfacing since then, I'm really glad that they didn't get it in time.

Anyway, when I went in for my consultation, it sounded exactly like CO2 resurfacing -- they showed me the same burn victim looking pictures, and told me that my recovery wouldn't be quite as bad, but would be similar.

My research indicates that the Sciton laser is just like the CO2 laser in terms of what it does to the skin, but allows the surgeon finer control over how deep it goes. Unfortunately, I think I read on here that to go deep enough to actually fix scarring, the risks are about as bad as CO2.

So, just be careful and make sure to investigate other options before doing anything ablative. Good luck!

-kristin