Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kaa

Scar looks better in the morning?

Hi, I have some depressed scars on my left cheek thats been really bothering me, and one of them is quite big, I also have some pigmentation thats improved a lot over time already, but my main concern is about my depressed scars. I noticed that the scars appear to be less deep when I wake up in the morning than at night, does anyone know why that is so? :think:

Okay well I don't know if this is true b/c I'm only assuming but I've noticed this w/ my scars to. I would think the reason for this is either one or both of these reasons when u sleep this is when your skin repairs itself? Also when u sleep your skin on your face is being stretched back b/c it's at rest?

I don't know why. I just call it morning swell...because it's a swell morning when it happens!!

BWAHAHAHA!! See, I made a funny!!....

Okay...

I'll shut up now :shifty:

I believe the answer is .. Cortisone!

It's why you always look less red / bumpy after sleep .. it naturally builds up.

Guest papillon

I have like 10 scarred pores on my left cheek and they aren't noticeable at all right after I get up in the morning, but by the end of the day they are noticeable. BUT, I noticed that swimming makes them smaller so I'm trying to do it regularly - at least 2x a week. =o)

Your head is kinda swelled up when you wake up. Blood and fluid isn't able to drain from your head as much laying down as it does when you're standing up.

Has anyone tried sleeping with their head down? So that the blood rushes to your head?

It may sound silly, but my teacher had a friend who slept like that once in a while. He said that it was akin to irrigating your brain like a farm field. The thing is that his friend was a cardiologists, so he should know his human physiology.

same here.

I think it's because your face has rested - no movement, little blood flow for the past 8 hours or so. Everything's fresh -so to speak. Actually I have no idea.

ive noticed this too. yet more proof sleeping is the best thing in the world.

if its because you're horizontal, i might try walking with my torso bent all the way back, to keep the good looking skin.

I woke up with sandman's dust in my eye so my sight is kinda blurry and forgot that I have scars due to I couldn't see it till I washed my eyes with water.

this happens to me to, i think its because sleeping is an anti-inflammatory it relaxes your face and your entire body thus making the redmarks and scars less viewable but this is only temporary for me, last for like an hour then back to how it was *sigh*

Hi, I have some depressed scars on my left cheek thats been really bothering me, and one of them is quite big, I also have some pigmentation thats improved a lot over time already, but my main concern is about my depressed scars. I noticed that the scars appear to be less deep when I wake up in the morning than at night, does anyone know why that is so? :think:

it's because our faces are slightly puffy when we wake up. the puffiness

makes the scars less noticeable.

I love the way my skin looks in the morning. My scars are still noticeable, but not nearly as much. If any scar revision could get me to that point I would be soooo happy.

Now I have stopped using any sort of moisturizer. I used to just use aloe when I got out of the shower because it didn't break me out and it did the job just fine. However my skin always reverts back to the deeper scars early in the day.

So anyway, I stopped using moisturizer because I feel my skin stays tighter longer without it as it takes longer in the day for the oils in my skin to come out. Usually around 1 or 2 in the afternoon is when I see them. It's strange too because I can feel it. Not by touching, just the feeling on my face.

I was wondering if not using moisturizer will have any effect on my scars? I'm in the process of having Fraxel treatments (only one so far) and was curious if the dryness has any effect on the rate at which collagen forms. Any thoughts?

my skin looks MUCH better in the mornings. right when i start doing my morning regimen, actually right when i get out of the shower (i SCRUTINIZE my face after every shower i take) is when it goes back to normal.

My dermatologist told me that if my scars look better in the morning than in the afternoon or evening, that my skin is dehydrated. She asked if I chew gum, because that adds to the dehydration. I notice that when I make a concerted effort to drink a lot of water all day, my skin, in general (along with the scars), looks better. And I've stopped chewing gum.

My dermatologist told me that if my scars look better in the morning than in the afternoon or evening, that my skin is dehydrated. .

I have found this to be true also