Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blunder

HELP!! acne + rosacea

i have acne and rosacea. Will Dan's regimen work for me? Should I adjust the regimen in any way?

I will really appreciate your ideas

thanx

i have acne and rosacea. Will Dan's regimen work for me? Should I adjust the regimen in any way?

I will really appreciate your ideas  

thanx

It will work for the acne but for rosacea I recommend you see a doctor about medication for that.

i have a bit of rosacea at my right cheek

now its almost gone

i'm on proactiv though

Rosacea might look like tons of acne but they are different. I have Seborrhoeic dermatitis and sometimes contact dermatitis. yike! Being a person with red face at almost all the time, I do understand your pain. No one want rosacea, seb derm or any skin disorder. Acne is hard enough.

For people with any type of skin disorder, I have to say that you SHOULD NOT start using Benzoyl Peroxide by yourself. Actually I don't even think that you can use it, cause people with rosacea tend to have extremely sensitive skin and your skin is generally dry as it is, using BP WILL cause flaking skin and so darn dry skin. (if you are not allergic to it!)

You should consult your dermatologist for a prescription of oral antibiotic or topical antibiotic cream.

Sorry.....but I don't think Dan's regimen is for you. (or me)

If you want more information on Rosacea, you can read here.

http://www.dermnetnz.org/dna.rosacea/ros.html