Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ninjablur

Does drinking water helps?

Hihi.. i heard from docs dat drinking water will help to prevent pimples.. or somehow or another cure it..

ermm.. can anyone explain this part to me?

and anyone tried Erythromycin E.E.S b4.. can tell me about the results?

thankssssssssssss

Drinking water will help you stay healthy regardless.

You should drink water anyways to maintain a healthy body.

Some people have a theory that if your skin isn't hydrated enough, then your body sends up more oil to make it hydrated.More oil can lead to more breakouts. The theory is if you drink enough water, your skin will be well hydrated. I don't notice a huge difference when i drink a lot of water, but i do notice a difference when i drink caffeine, probably because it dehydrates our bodies. It may be that the water level in our bodies can dilute or concentrate toxins/bacteria that can lead to breakouts.

If you drink a lot caffeine, either cutting down or drinking more water will keep your body hydrated.

Some people have a theory that if your skin isn't hydrated enough, then your body sends up more oil to make it hydrated.More oil can lead to more breakouts.  The theory is if you drink enough water, your skin will be well hydrated. I don't notice a huge difference when i drink a lot of water, but i do notice a difference when i drink caffeine, probably because it dehydrates our bodies.  It may be that the water level in our bodies can dilute or concentrate toxins/bacteria that can lead to breakouts.  

If you drink a lot caffeine, either cutting down or drinking more water will keep your body hydrated.

not sure if this is correct:

-Water flushes trash (dont know the correct word) out of your body, which might make acne less.

-Bodybuilders drink a lot of water, which will also make water under the skin less (a dryer look). This will make the pores less narrow, so that sebum will become less frequent stuck

Hihi.. i heard from docs dat drinking water will help to prevent pimples.. or somehow or another cure it..

ermm.. can anyone explain this part to me?

and anyone tried Erythromycin E.E.S b4.. can tell me about the results?

thankssssssssssss

most of people i saw r using accutane..

is it better den others antibiotics?

anyway.. sorry for asking dumb q...

wats the purpose of antibiotics.. prevent more acnes to pop out?

or it will help to heal it?

Accutane is a high dose of Vitamin A and has lots of side effects, which can be mild to severe (very dry skin, joint aches, and birth defects in pregnant women). What it does is dry out the oil glands in the whole body, which is supposed to give the bacteria less "food" to grow on, i suppose. It's considered one of the last resort treatments for acne.

Antibiotics kill the bacteria that cause acne, a different way of attacking acne. There are fewer side effects than with Accutane, but it's still risky to use them for a longterm treatment of acne, because they will kill the "good" bacteria in the body, and over time the bacteria can become resistant to the drugs.

Arghhhhh i tink my pillow cause me to have more pimples...

out of the blue.. nxt day i had a few acnes around my cheek bones!!!

sucks...

It sounds like plausible theories you guys come up with regarding the benificial affects of water in relation to acne.

However, it would be nice if you could state your sources in that I would like a more in-depth explanation.

Thanx