Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rarg

what kind of acne is this...

to start off, sorry i don't want to take a picture since I'm really self concious of my acne, but anyways, the kind im getting can be described as this:

completely flat red dots, like, if i run my hand over my face there is no lump at all, its just a completely flat red dot, sometimes purplish in color, and they cant seem to dissapear. I've been on accutane for 4 months now and i no longer get the bumpy acne anymore(except for a whitehead i got a few days ago, but i popped it and its gone, no marks even). So your probably thinking my face looks pretty good? wrong. The thing is, i may only have this type of acne, but it's ALL OVER, in different sizes too. Alot of them are really small and those are generally further to the side of my face closer to my ears, but just below the eye area i have these LARGE flat acne that are actually really big, ones almost the size of a small button.

So my main 2 questions are this:

1. What kind of acne is this and what's it's medical term/name?

2. How do i treat it?

NOTE: I'm On accutane right now, and this is my fourth month on it, Other than that i just wash my face with soap and water regularly.

Thanks.

Are you sure that they are active pimples (if they are active they are probably a little painful)? The way you describe it they sound like red marks that are a common parting present of accutane :cry: If they aren't active and really are just red marks, I've heard BP when spot-treated can help them fade.

hmm, im really not sure how to describe them moreso, but ill go as completely indepth as i can:

-completely flat, smooth overtop of them

-red in color, some lighter, some darker, some almost purplish

-seem to be "in" my skin, like underneath practically

-the areas there in sometimes get itchy

-very rarely they will actually hurt a little, never enough for me to really notice, but thell be sore i guess

Okay, as i was typing this i broke down, and decided to take a few shots, heres the stuff

zoomed in left side:

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9247/dsc00458bz6.jpg

zoomed in right side:

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/7805/dsc00459to3.jpg

zoomed out right side:

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4590/dsc00460ak3.jpg

Zoomed out left side:

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/2393/dsc00461zs3.jpg

There you go.

i know what they LOOK like, and yah they look like red marks. But what are they CALLED? and how do you treat them?

i know what they LOOK like, and yah they look like red marks. But what are they CALLED? and how do you treat them?

thats what they are called, red marks. Or hyperpigmentation if you want to get all scientific. They fade on their own, some taking weeks others taking several months or years. Like I got a bad breakout along my jawline and they still havent gone away after 2-3 months.

They suck, and they make your face look much worse than it really is.

I can recommend scar cream, lemon juice (mix with cucumber juice) or makeup to cover them. I'm using some scar cream now but not long enough for any results. I've heard lemon juice works well leave it on for 15 minutes. Once a day. I may try that soon.

oh wow, that really really sucks. I thought they were just another type of pimple, like something that normally goes away in a few days(even though mine have been here for months).

So your saying lemon juice on my face for 15 minutes a day helps? how do you keep the juice on...

oh wow, that really really sucks. I thought they were just another type of pimple, like something that normally goes away in a few days(even though mine have been here for months).

So your saying lemon juice on my face for 15 minutes a day helps? how do you keep the juice on...

just rub it in? I havent done it. really want to though. I've heard it shows improvement within the first few days.

it will sting, which is why cucmber juice is there to reduce sting and something with vitamins or whatever.