Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
YZF98

Newbie with quick question...

Hi everyone! I'm sorry if this question has been asked before but often times during the week I workout in the middle of the day. With this being said, should I being washing and BP'ing my face again after these middle of the day workouts? This naturally would have me doing the regimen 3x a day. Is this advisable? I couldn't imagine not washing my face after a long workout where I sweat a considerable amount. Also, on a similiar note I often will ride my motorcycle around town for a while and I sweat profusely in the helmet. Is it advisable to come home after such rides and wash and BP again? Thanks so much for the help.

Oh one more thing, I'm using Eucerin "Dry Skin Therapy PLUS Intensive Repair Lotion" I couldnt find the "rewnewl" moisturizer I hope this will suffice. It seems to have everything else the renewl one does although it isnt "face specific".

Ummm... 3 times a day might dry out your skin too much not to mention the BP bill going thru the roof, lol... is there any way for you to work out early morning or late night before/after the regimen?

Thanks for the response Pete. I think I'm just going to wash my face with the gentle Purpose bar after such episodes and go about my day. I will then do the regimen at night. I hope this will work out alright. And you're right I would be on the streets broke if I used BP 3x a day!! (but I would have a nice face though lol!)

Dan addressed this issue in the FAQ. Theoretically, since acne is formed deep down in the your body in the sebeascous (oil) gland and has no connection to your sweat glands, sweating shouldn't affect acne. Just make sure after you sweat hard, just splash your face with cool water and pat dry. Always good to splash off the sweat and dirt that got stuck onto it. (even though dirt doesn't cause acne, still good to be nice to your skin!) biggrin.gif