Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know i've already ask this in another thread but i feel i'm not getting any posts as its in the wrong place, so all i have to ask really is, if i use Olive Oil as a moisturiser, does my skin need to be wet 1st to apply well damp, also does it clog pores, and do you need a certain Olive Oil as the one i've got today is just Olive Oil no special type, also why is it when i apply its leave a greasy layer on my skin even though i've rubbed it in good.?

Thanks...

olive oil?

as in...... the oil you cook in?

coz if so, then the reason its leaving a greasy residue on ur skin is because it IS GREASE LOL!

that is like rubbing natural lard onto your face as a moisturiser! sounds stupid to me.

why are u bothering? you use the eucerin moisturiser that is amazing.

and lactic acid helps to fight acne!

I dont use that moisturiser anymore mate, and you may laugh dude but its actually a very good mosituriser, my skin was completely flake free today and if you google Olive Oil you will see it makes a very good moisturiser, but i dont hear people complaining about the greasy feeling it leaves on the skin, just read this i found, so its not like i'm being stupid and putting cooking oil on my face for no reason.

Olive oil is a great moisturizer, not because it has its own healing properties, but because it attracts external moisture, holds the moisture close to the skin, and forms a breathable film to prevent loss of internal moisture. Unlike so many other substances for this purpose, olive oil does not block the natural functions of the skin while performing its own. The skin is able to continue sweating, releasing sebum, and shedding dead skin. Olive oil does not inhibit this necessary function. Olive oil is said to treat everything from acne to wrinkles to eczema to dry skin and the list goes on and on. Olive oil is my beauty product of choice and I recommend it to all my friends who concur.