Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DesertRose

Sick n tired of waiting!!!

I feel like my whole life revolves around my face. Its the first thing i look at when i wake up, and the last before i lie down to sleep.

Cant these marks just go away? Life is too short to devote so much time on ...what, red/brown marks?? its very crippling, and sometimes i just wonder why cant the big man above cut me some slack....i really dont need or deserve this.

so hey, i'm tired. Tired of being patient. I'm currently using retin A and hydroquinone, and i know it does take time, but i DONT want to wait.

I'm ready to try something drastic.

Has anyone tried using TCA peels?? I'm caramel toned, so i know dark skinned people cant use high strength chemical peels, but still...........has anyone tried doing a chemical peel and was pleased by the results? Cuz I dont want to go through the one week downtime, the pain and scabbing and peeling if the difference wont be dramatic. I was on google for a while, and wasnt pleased by the before n after pics they had. So I'm not sure if its worth the try. And also, how much does the procedure cost?

I have so many other things to worry about, and I wud love it if for once, my skin was the least of my concerns. It really shud never be. But its my primary problemo. :(:(

This really sucks.

Wow,you sound A LOT like me. Caramel skin...dark spots...focusing on your face too much...the whole nine yards.

My best advice would be to hang in there,man. As I dude,I don't like applying concealer,but I do it just to give me less to worry about when I'm around the ladies. You might want to try it as well. :P

I am also going to the store tomorrow to buy an AHA product with glycolic acid in it since they say that helps better with dark spots on darker skinned people. Also,I've heard zinc works well with hyperpigmentation,and I upped my dosage of that to 50 mg today. Maybe you should try these things?

Wow,you sound A LOT like me. Caramel skin...dark spots...focusing on your face too much...the whole nine yards.

My best advice would be to hang in there,man. As I dude,I don't like applying concealer,but I do it just to give me less to worry about when I'm around the ladies. You might want to try it as well. :P

I am also going to the store tomorrow to buy an AHA product with glycolic acid in it since they say that helps better with dark spots on darker skinned people. Also,I've heard zinc works well with hyperpigmentation,and I upped my dosage of that to 50 mg today. Maybe you should try these things?

Thanks SJ..........Its pretty frustrating sometimes.

I think I'll go the glycolic acid way too........Its been raved about quite a lot. U know what, although i thought proactive was a load of crap, i gotta say, their toner is amazing. It has no alcohol at all (alcohol breaks our moisture barrier)........it has zinc, glycolic acid, and alot of herbal extracts. Shud be good stuff.

Do u take zinc tablets? I dont know if taking anything by mouth will help my stubborn marks.

I'm going to go all out, and get the 30% gylcolic acid peel.

Yeah,I've started taking 50 mg of Zinc daily. I've read that Zinc is supposed to be good for helping hyperpigmentation.

I've tried Glycolic Acid before,but it didn't really do all that much for me. I am currently applying a night cream with Glycolic Acid in it since people have been recommending it for dark spots. This is my third night using it,and it SORT OF looks like the spots may be trying to fade away,but it's too early to tell.

This Wednesday I am going to buy some Kojic Acid as well. I've heard that that is supposed to be MUCH better at getting rid of dark spots than bleaching creams with hydroquinone in 'em. I am going to alternate between the Kojic Acid and the night cream with Glycolic Acid in it. One night I will apply one,then the next night I will apply the other one. During the day I've started wearing Aloe Vera Gel to sooth the skin from the acids I put on at night.

Hopefully this new regimen brings forth results. :o

i feel the same way. why cant they make something that will get rid of them quickly. i mean being in the 21st century n all. lol

i feel the same way. why cant they make something that will get rid of them quickly. i mean being in the 21st century n all. lol

I agree with you on the 21st century thing. I mean like they have all this high-tech technology and they've treated so many more diseases that are far more complicated than acne/redmarks and they can't even find a good successful treatment that'll work fast and won't take up your whole freakin' life time. It frustrates me so much.

make sure you have good sun protection too!! thats very important.. i think thats kinda what screwed me over, i've had pretty bad acne before and recovered from it and got rid of all my dark marks.. but then it just came back and my face has it pretty bad so i know it will eventually go away, just a lot faster if you use sun protection (sun makes them darker).