Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello Acne.Org,

Hope everyone has been doing well. I myself am very happy and content right now.

I was wanting to know how long do I need to wait after I'm done with my Accutane treatment before I can start taking a supplement with vitamin A (1000 IU beta-carotene) in it? 1 full month? 6 months? I'm not sure, and would appreciate any input.

Thanks!

igmp

the half life of Accutane is 6-7 weeks. But i would confidently say that one month is a generous amount of time.

beta-carotene isn't the same as Vitamin A. Your body converts beta carotene into Vitamin A, but only as much as your body needs. So you can't actually overdose on beta carotene, but in LARGE amounts it will turn your skin orange. Which may actually be the cause of the myth that too much Sunny D makes you orange... if that is a myth =/

Beta carotene is harmless, but i'm no doctor.

thank you tregga and yosup for your responses!

(and yosup, i know that beta carotene is a precursor to vitamin a, but i don't know how it is converted to vitamin a, so i wasn't sure if it would add stress to my liver.)

;)