Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay this is really getting annoying. There are so many different things out there that say either pop them or dont and I dont know who to believe! Ive heard that it is good to wait until (or steam it) the pimple comes to a head, and then pop it so the bacteria gets out. Then other people say that it makes the pimple bigger and forces bacteria farther down into your pore! I WANT THE TRUTH lol [-o<

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Check the "how to pop a pimple" link that we have on the front page of this website.

I always say that if the gross white stuff is visible, go for it. It makes it go away a lot faster that way. But if it has no visible head and its just a red bump, then definitely not. Thats when things get ugly.

Ah! reminds of years back when I'd mild acne and there's a girl who asked me and my friend(my friend had clear face and that means she had no pimples at all for her whole life) to pop or not to pop, haha I said no, and my friend said yes, and we argued a lot before my friend finally turned to that girl and asked her: so you look at her(that is refering to me) face and mine, who do you trust? Hoho I did not talk to her for a few days after that. In any case, try not to pop because it does scar, however if you have a really big whitehead that you know may burst anytime, then look at the how to pop a pimple article on this site and follow exactly how to pop it, other than that, I suggest you don't.

whenever i pop a whitehead (rarely) its only when it looks like the puss (dead white cells) looks like its about to push through. then i clean the area and squeeze not the pimple directly but the area around it. it hasnt resulted in any cysts or permanant scarring, but it does leave behind a red irritated are for a few minutes. Maybe i was just lucky.