Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chocolat_amer

scars, demarc line update

hey guys, so I haven't posted for a while mostly because the posters I got to know acne.org with (lexy, sword, hopefulskin etc) aren't posting all that much either. But maybe if they see this post, they'll drop me a line!

If anyone recalls, I had pretty bad discoloration and demarc line from rosacea and a super bad allergic reaction to some precription and otc acne meds. Ever since then I been on the gentle routing. It's been my gawd almost two years now, and to be honest my skin has done a 360 degrees turn around. Now I can actually look at my self without freaking out (most of the time, but I have rosacea so diet factors play a role...long story).

So two years ago, I had:

--super duper redness

--bad redmarks

--crazy demarcation line

--enlarged stretched out stressed out looking pores

--depression on my cheek bone from being overly zealous with bp (just me though, had an allergic reaction).

--some scarring, minor, (happy i would be if the scarring gets no worse!)

NOW, almost all of the above have improved enormously. My pores could be better but I think part of it is genetics. About 1 month ago, after almost two years on my "gentle" do almost nothing regimen, I was walking down the street with just some powder on (just covergirl, nothing fancy), some guy came up and told me I should consider doing some print modeling. THis sounds cheesy and generic but it really did happen. I didn't know if he was for reals or what cuz I know I don't have the height. Anyway, it turned out he was on the level and long story short I made $300 modeling prom dresses. Fucking hilarious since I didn't even goto my prom in highschool.

I'm not making a post about this to show off but I see ppl with less scarring then me on here who are just killing themselves over it and making their skin worse or who won't step out of the house etc etc.

And for those with MINOR scarring who are trying all these really crazy stuff like diy tca cross, I really recommend against it. Let time do its job and yes, sometimes it really does get better.

I'm not saying my skin now is perfect or that I'm even happy with it. But objecitvely speaking, I know it can't get any better (though it has the potential to get alot worse if I mess with it), and as my little modelling stint goes, it really does not affect my appearence all that much. So in general I try not to think about it and just take care of it environmentally and diet-wise.

thanks for reading!

NOW, almost all of the above have improved enormously. My pores could be better but I think part of it is genetics. About 1 month ago, after almost two years on my "gentle" do almost nothing regimen, I was walking down the street with just some powder on (just covergirl, nothing fancy), some guy came up and told me I should consider doing some print modeling. THis sounds cheesy and generic but it really did happen. I didn't know if he was for reals or what cuz I know I don't have the height. Anyway, it turned out he was on the level and long story short I made $300 modeling prom dresses. Fucking hilarious since I didn't even goto my prom in highschool.

I'm not making a post about this to show off but I see ppl with less scarring then me on here who are just killing themselves over it and making their skin worse or who won't step out of the house etc etc.

And for those with MINOR scarring who are trying all these really crazy stuff like diy tca cross, I really recommend against it. Let time do its job and yes, sometimes it really does get better.

I'm not saying my skin now is perfect or that I'm even happy with it. But objecitvely speaking, I know it can't get any better (though it has the potential to get alot worse if I mess with it), and as my little modelling stint goes, it really does not affect my appearence all that much. So in general I try not to think about it and just take care of it environmentally and diet-wise.thanks for reading!

Finally!!! a post that makes a lot of sense!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for posting your experience!!!

I totally agree with you. Sometimes we are so obssesed that we end up messing our skin. I know from own experience that it's very easy to f==ck it up. Sometimes our frustration makes us try different treatments which irritate our skin and worsens the situation.

I've noticed that people with beautiful skin don't have intense regimes. They hardly wash their faces and use a cheap moisturizer and that's all!

I'm so happy for you and I wish you the best!!

Thank you very much for your post. It's nice to hear some good news here for once.

HI Kanmi, It was always wonderful looking at your gallery and it's too bad you took it down.

But I can kind of understand. When I look at pictures of myself from a few years ago

when my skin was so good (of course at the time I didn't know it and thought I had

lousy skin), it just breaks my heart but I guess it's one of those things I will have to live with. It

double sucks when I think that all the crap I went through was all preventable. Oh well....

I'm not saying my skin now is perfect or that I'm even happy with it. But objecitvely speaking, I know it can't get any better (though it has the potential to get alot worse if I mess with it), and as my little modelling stint goes, it really does not affect my appearence all that much. So in general I try not to think about it and just take care of it environmentally and diet-wise.thanks for reading!

Finally!!! a post that makes a lot of sense!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for posting your experience!!!

I totally agree with you. Sometimes we are so obssesed that we end up messing our skin. I know from own experience that it's very easy to f==ck it up. Sometimes our frustration makes us try different treatments which irritate our skin and worsens the situation.

I've noticed that people with beautiful skin don't have intense regimes. They hardly wash their faces and use a cheap moisturizer and that's all!

I'm so happy for you and I wish you the best!!

Thanks Smooth. One of the reason why my skin is screwed up is because of me. I don't want to go into

it but everything that happened to me was completely preventable, not just the stupid redness but the super bad breakouts before that. I don't know who to blame, just myself I suppose.

So now I just do my best to make sure my skin does not get worse and avoid looking at old pictures of myself when I took my skin for granted. But I am thankful my face did not stay permanently red as I was so afraid of that.

Also I should mention I am super thankful to this board for steering me away from lasers and dermabrasion and other procedures of that ilk. It's shameful how these companies prey on our insecurities and sell these crap procedures that makes scarring worse most of the time.

HI Kanmi, It was always wonderful looking at your gallery and it's too bad you took it down.

But I can kind of understand. When I look at pictures of myself from a few years ago

when my skin was so good (of course at the time I didn't know it and thought I had

lousy skin), it just breaks my heart but I guess it's one of those things I will have to live with. It

double sucks when I think that all the crap I went through was all preventable. Oh well....

Thanks Smooth. One of the reason why my skin is screwed up is because of me. I don't want to go into

it but everything that happened to me was completely preventable, not just the stupid redness but the super bad breakouts before that. I don't know who to blame, just myself I suppose.

So now I just do my best to make sure my skin does not get worse and avoid looking at old pictures of myself when I took my skin for granted. But I am thankful my face did not stay permanently red as I was so afraid of that.

Also I should mention I am super thankful to this board for steering me away from lasers and dermabrasion and other procedures of that ilk. It's shameful how these companies prey on our insecurities and sell these crap procedures that makes scarring worse most of the time.

You sound exactly like me.

My best example, I have a hypertrophic scar on my cheek. It's from me burning a hole in my face trying to get rid of a zit quicker. I'll hate myself forever for that.

You sound exactly like me.

My best example, I have a hypertrophic scar on my cheek. It's from me burning a hole in my face trying to get rid of a zit quicker. I'll hate myself forever for that.

are hypertrophic scars like raised little bumps? I have one that's been there forever and it's red. it makes me physically ill to look at it, so of course I must stare at it obsessively about 20 times a day :wall:

I don't even know how I got it...I NEVER pick, so I guess if something's going to scar, it's going to scar. So don't feel toooo too bad kanmi. Possibly the fucker was going to scar even if you didn't put lime or whatever on it.

Scars and crap aside, my skin texture is still like poo under certain lighting, it looks so bumpy. it makes talking to ppl very hard. SOmetimes i just wish I had normal skin so i wouldn't feel like a social reject all the time :cry:

Sometimes I really don't want to know what others think when they look at my skin. but then sometimes I'm just itching to know. My relatives have always been very open about my skin. At family gatherings i have often been called a "freak" because of my skin. When they talk to me their eyes automatically gravitate towards my cheeks. Whenever anything relating to skin or dermatology comes up, inevitably everyone's eyes focus on my face and I skulk away as quietly as I can.