Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
karimsilas

HELP NEEDED!..PLEASE!!..

I'm going to try to help you out.. it seems as if that cleanser that you're using has salicylic acid as an active ingredient? doesn't it? if it does, get rid of it and use either cetaphil's facial cleanser or purpose gentle cleanser. now the BP that you are using is fine, but you need to repeat your regimen twice a day (morning and night).. not just at night.

I'm going to try to help you out.. it seems as if that cleanser that you're using has salicylic acid as an active ingredient? doesn't it? if it does, get rid of it and use either cetaphil's facial cleanser or purpose gentle cleanser. now the BP that you are using is fine, but you need to repeat your regimen twice a day (morning and night).. not just at night.

yes, This Cleanser has salicylic acid.. so i'll stop using this cleanser and use etaphil's facial cleanser instead..

AND i have another qn for you.. should i increase my BP percentage from 2.5% t0 10%?..

will there be any difference/effect when i increase the BP level??..

yes, This Cleanser has salicylic acid.. so i'll stop using this cleanser and use etaphil's facial cleanser instead..

AND i have another qn for you.. should i increase my BP percentage from 2.5% t0 10%?..

will there be any difference/effect when i increase the BP level??..

increase on amount..stay at 2.5%. think thats waht he trying to say.

0k i am a new user here at acne.org and i have a question that u guys can help me with..

i am 17 yrs old and i am an asian fr0m Singapore.[somewhere in South-East Asia]..

i have LOTS of spots on my face..

it is small dots that will NEVER go off..

it left scars on my face and i want to get rid 0f them..

i have tried many kinds of products to clear them off but nothing worked..

i am thinking of going to g0 for scar treatments and i do not know which one is best for me..

can you help me classify the kind of acne i am having and what should i do to clear them off..

is there any cream or regime out there that i can follow?..

what are your suggestions?..

WHAT SHOULD I DO?..

my current regime is..

- wash with Neutrogena® Oil-Free Acne Wash TWICE daily [morning & night]

- apply face with Neutrogena® On-the-Spot® Acne Treatment [every night before sleep]

should i change my regime?..

what other products that you can suggest me using?..

i have uploaded pictures of my face and pictures of the two products that i am using now..

PLEASE HELP!.. I REALLY NEED HELP!!..

ThANks.. =)

[attachmentid=5806] [attachmentid=5807] [attachmentid=5808]

[attachmentid=5809] [attachmentid=5810] [attachmentid=5811]

Get some essential Fatty acids :)..REALLY help, something like cod liver oil is AMAZING it has loadsa Vit A in it too

Gud luck ;) x

Take some zinc and vitamin C daily with meals - about 50mg zinc and 2000mg vitamin C. I also agree with taking fatty acids. In the US, the typical diet is high in omega-6 and 9 so we need omega-3 to balance out. If you eat lots of fried foods and red meat, you should try the same thing. Otherwise, please provide more info on your diet and I will try to help.

Next, I agree with the other suggestions. Stay at 2.5% BP and just apply more. Also, apply twice daily and do not use salycilic acid products with BP.

There are more supplements that might help you. Let me know if you're interested in learning more about that approach and keep us updated!

hi and welcome to the forums!

do spend sometime reading the website www.acne.org and read about the regimen. all you have to do is to change the cleanser, get a gentle moisturizer and you're good to go. your acne seems to be in between light and moderate, so the csr should clear u up pretty well.

Take some zinc and vitamin C daily with meals - about 50mg zinc and 2000mg vitamin C. I also agree with taking fatty acids. In the US, the typical diet is high in omega-6 and 9 so we need omega-3 to balance out. If you eat lots of fried foods and red meat, you should try the same thing. Otherwise, please provide more info on your diet and I will try to help.

Next, I agree with the other suggestions. Stay at 2.5% BP and just apply more. Also, apply twice daily and do not use salycilic acid products with BP.

There are more supplements that might help you. Let me know if you're interested in learning more about that approach and keep us updated!

hey Thanks for your view.. realli appreciate it.. =)

i am a SUCKER for fried foods.. my diet is basically made of rice with fried chicken and veggie..[this is what we people in singapore eat.]

WITH the occasional McDoanlds and Burger King is also in my diet.. so basically i eat mostly fried and meaty foods..

and Does Cod Liver Oil do any good for my skin?.. does it provide the fatty acids and omega 3 that i need?..

i went out to get a bottle of this..[attached picture.]

[attachmentid=5831]

its cod liver oil..

does it help?..

and if this dosent help, can you introduce me any supplements out there that i can take..

please give me your view.. thank you.. GREATLY appreciated.. =)

Yes, cod liver oil contains omega-3, Vitamins A, D, and E. I think it also has some omega-6. It will help your skin. However, you might want to change your eating habbits also. Here are a few general rules that can help:

1. No refined sugar - or just a tiny bit after a meal.

2. No red meat.

3. No fried foods.

4. No dairy.

These are just generalizations, but if you reduce the number of toxins in your blood, strengthen your liver, and balance out your hormones (with the omegas), you should notice an improvement in your skin. Then the CSR can finish it off. Good luck!

Hello and welcome!

I think you are on the right track by using the Neutrogena on-the-spot, but you probably just need to use MORE of it. Most people don't use enough to get really clear. I'm going to give you the link to Dan's Clear Skin Regimen and I want you to read through it and see what you think.

http://www.acne.org/regimen.html

You basically need to find a gentle unmedicated cleanser. It is not recommended to use salicylic acid along with the Regimen, so you'll need to get something other than that Neutrogena oil-free acne wash.

You will need to use a GENEROUS amount of your Neutrogena on-the-spot cream, all over your face, twice a day. Then top it off with an oil-free non-comedogenic moisturizer. Since it seems you have access to Neutrogena products over there, you can probably find a Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer that would be fine to use.

Anyway, read through the link I provided. There is a process to follow twice a day, every day. This will help you gradually begin to clear up.

Holler back if you need further help!

Good luck!