Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey everyone...

I havent posted anything in a looong time, but I guess thats a good thing cause I haven't had any acne :dance::dance::dance: . However, I do have red marks where I used to have acne, and I am curious as to how long it takes for the red marks to fade. I went to my derm. and he prescribed tazorac for it. I have been using it for about 2 weeks and see little difference. How long should it take for the red marks to go away?

Guest Sincerely_Me

Hey everyone...

I havent posted anything in a looong time, but I guess thats a good thing cause I haven't had any acne :dance::dance::dance: . However, I do have red marks where I used to have acne, and I am curious as to how long it takes for the red marks to fade. I went to my derm. and he prescribed tazorac for it. I have been using it for about 2 weeks and see little difference. How long should it take for the red marks to go away?

It depends on your skin, basically. Everyone reacts differently to different things. Basically, by 6 months they should be a lot better, if they are there at all. I use Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion and rubbing alcohol, redmarks fadeds in weeks.

Hey everyone...

It depends on your skin, basically. Everyone reacts differently to different things. Basically, by 6 months they should be a lot better, if they are there at all. I use Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion and rubbing alcohol, redmarks fadeds in weeks.

Can redmarks not be future pimples pushing out just curious as I too am debating with this red stuff.

Guest Sincerely_Me

Can redmarks not be future pimples pushing out just curious as I too am debating with this red stuff.

Redmarks AREN'T pimples pushing out. Redmarks aren't inflammed or anything...they are flat, and in the place where a pimple was. If it's imflammed, it's not a redmark.

Redmarks AREN'T pimples pushing out. Redmarks aren't inflammed or anything...they are flat, and in the place where a pimple was. If it's imflammed, it's not a redmark.

Oh ok thanks so these red marks occacionaly darker spots, what kind of treatment is good for this?

If you've been using full amount of BP, and completely used to it with no sign of irritation.. you can use moisturizer with AHA or try using ACV :P. Btw, I'd suggest you read the red mark forum section for better advice.

are you still using BP ? because when i stoped using BP once i cleared up..i had alot of red spots..i stoped using BP for a couple weeks and now my red spots are almost 100% clear.

i just spot treat with BP now but still use the wash and ceta moisterizir

well bp slows down the healing rate so if u use bp it will take alot longer. for msot people it takes about 4-6montrhs for ur red marks to subside. it can take up to a year though.

well bp slows down the healing rate so if u use bp it will take alot longer. for msot people it takes about 4-6montrhs for ur red marks to subside. it can take up to a year though.

So do I stops using the bp if this won't heal red marks?? I currently cannot just spot treat or I will break out somewhere else? Is this wrong does one just use cleanser and moisturizer?

Try taking zinc, vitamin E, and MSM daily with meals. Also, you may want to try a topical with zinc in it like Neosporin just on the red marks. All of the above should improve your healing rate and should help you produce healthier skin.

So do I stops using the bp if this won't heal red marks?? I currently cannot just spot treat or I will break out somewhere else? Is this wrong does one just use cleanser and moisturizer?

well before u worry about redmarks u should worry about ur active acne. i do not have active acne anymore so i dont use bp and i havent used it for 2 months(my cheeks) and my marks have been healing faster

I've been exfoliating with bakins soda twice a week for the past 2 weeks and this has dramatically faded my red marks. I think that some sort of exfoliation is very beneficial while on the regimen to balance the aging process of bp.

well before u worry about redmarks u should worry about ur active acne. i do not have active acne anymore so i dont use bp and i havent used it for 2 months(my cheeks) and my marks have been healing faster

To grapesrgood, how long have you been on the bp? And did you basically out grow your acne?

Hi There

I have been using Kinerase for about 1 week and can see my dark marks gradually going. I read about Kinerase on the Scar Treatment Board. The poster for that topic saw dramatic improvements in her red marks over a two week period.

what are you talking about? ive never had a redmark that long

VanDaMan,

Yes you can have red marks that long. It depends on the type of skin and acne you get, how much damage there is from it, how well your skin heals, and what raw materials are available for your body to build new healthy skin. I suggested some supplements above that can improve your healing rate and healthy skin production. They might be a good start. Take care.

Hey everyone...

Which brand of the AHA lotion do you use, is it a moisturizer as well( can you link me )? Also how and why do you use the rubbing alcohol ?

I use Apple Cider Vinegar for my redmarks and my skin has only improved. Any new redmarks I get fade within a week.

How often do you use ACV? Is it used as a toner before appling bp and moisture?