Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
richs

acne ruins my life

Hey,

This is my first post here, i'm a 16 year old guy from england battling what in my opinion is the worst thing in my entire life to date

I've had pimplies since I was 14, but they pale in comparison to what's been happening since february

Previously i'd have a few pimples on my forehead at a time, but since then i've got a ton of nasty spots round my mouth and one side of my face

Currently i'm feeling so bad I don't go to parties i'm invited to and make excuses for not going out ocassionally. It's really got to the point where I feel like crying endlessly and in despair

I tried several washes at various strengths, and now my doctor's prescribed Dalacin T, which a month in doesn't look all that hopeful

I really have no idea what to do now, school's started again and I can't find words to describe how low my confidence in myself is with my face right now

If anyone could suggest anything I can try i'd be very grateful

Here's a picture if it will help

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/1007/1iw5.png

i've noticed it appears alot worse during the day when it's brighter too :(

2 other misc. questions..

1. I only get this bad acne on one side of my face.. what if anything is the reason for that?

2. Does cutting any kind of saturated fats or junk out of your diet help? has anyone tried this

Thanks

what ppl are gonna tell you is to obviusly cut back on stuff you like.....acne is a very broad subject, applying to some with deiffernt aspects than others.

so, what I do is always google for stuff and then go onto forums like this and see what other users have to say. I have milia, and it is currently lookin promising and will probably post what I did to heal it all (i had a lot aroun mouth). For you, its really mild if anythin and no one really gives a shit or takes notice. If i talk to anyone and they have somethin,i never really care or notice....honestly.

worst thing you could do is stop what you love. I knew this kid who would dye his hair and do this crazy stuff in school, until he got breakouts on his face. For about 2 1/2 years, he keeps his head down and dson't talk or do antying cept play WOWIII in his house.

so, just try over the counter stuff first....i found applyin my bro's topical treatments to my face were WAY to harsh and thick that it actually got worst....i think. I use Swiss Ive's alpha hydroxy mask to cleanse pors and then a LITTLE BP around my mouth. It will probably dry a few times, but i think thats a partialy good sign. GL

Guest Sincerely_Me

Try the CSR. Please, I promise you, it works.

Go HERE to see it.

It really doesn't look all that bad; honestly. I've been much worse than that, and it really hasn't been a problem, in that benzoyl peroxide keeps things very much under control. I would suggest trying the regimen put forth on this website. I started it a month or so ago, and I've noticed a huge difference. I really think it would wipe out pretty much all the active acne you've got now, which isn't much.

Just my two cents.

It isn't that bad, I have extremly bad redspots, i just don't care what people think because my personality doesn't let it affect me so it doesn't stop me and personaly, all my friends and people i meet don't even care cause they know its going to go away and i wont have it when im in my 20's so.

Hey,

This is my first post here, i'm a 16 year old guy from england battling what in my opinion is the worst thing in my entire life to date

I've had pimplies since I was 14, but they pale in comparison to what's been happening since february

Previously i'd have a few pimples on my forehead at a time, but since then i've got a ton of nasty spots round my mouth and one side of my face

Currently i'm feeling so bad I don't go to parties i'm invited to and make excuses for not going out ocassionally. It's really got to the point where I feel like crying endlessly and in despair

I tried several washes at various strengths, and now my doctor's prescribed Dalacin T, which a month in doesn't look all that hopeful

I really have no idea what to do now, school's started again and I can't find words to describe how low my confidence in myself is with my face right now

If anyone could suggest anything I can try i'd be very grateful

Here's a picture if it will help

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/1007/1iw5.png

i've noticed it appears alot worse during the day when it's brighter too :(

2 other misc. questions..

1. I only get this bad acne on one side of my face.. what if anything is the reason for that?

2. Does cutting any kind of saturated fats or junk out of your diet help? has anyone tried this

Thanks

It REALLY doesnt look that bad :)

Anyway as for cutting fats..i think you should take an Omega 3 supplement. Ive just started taking cod lievr oil and cant get enough of the stuff. The only place i break out is cheek and forehead, not really T-zone area so i figured it wasnt the "usual" teenage acne.

Anyway, my forehead is CLEAR and my cheeks are clearing just few clogged pores here and there and some red marks ..other than that you wouldnt even KNOW i had acne - and it was starting to get PRETTY bad :unsure:

Seriously give it a try, your acne seems very mild Im sure it will do no harm, many people are deficient in essential fatty acids so cutting down on too much fats poses a HUGE risk to your health. The cod liver oil i use is from seven seas and its really good because it has Vit A and D in it :D for healthy skin.

I hope you get the same results im getting ;)

It really isn't bad - I dont think I would have even noticed it if you hadn't said here is a picture of me with acne. Try the CSR or stick with what the doc gave you for 3 months to really see if it is helping or not. Also make sure you are being consistent in application. Good luck!

Doesn't look too bad in the picture ... I think you should look into the Clear Skin Regimen as described on the home page of this site.

Hey

thanks for the encouragement :o

It may not appear bad in that pic but in sunlight it seems to look far worse..

i've been having a read about and it seems iodine (salt) isn't good, and low and behold.. i realise my spots have got worse since i ate tons of crisps and biscuits (doh)

so i'm cutting them out and taking some zinc and b5, see what happens

thanks for the comments and suggestions :)

yo man ur skin aint even that bad...

mines worse and i dont care.. People dont care.. If your good looking your good looking.. some pimples on your face arent gonna make people think ur ugly or grosss.. Just dont even worry about it..

Ask ur doctor about Doryx anti biotic and Benzaclin and tazorac.. I started using this and it helped my skin tremendously and i coulda done Accutane.. Your skin isnt even that bad.. If u do this ur skin would clear up within a month..

I know it's hardly comforting to say it isn't very bad, but....It isn't bad. At all. You know, that's the kinda' acne I wish I had. At 16, I was getting cysts and whatnot. You should be glad...Look past the red spots and look at the rest of your skin...It's smooth and your pores are small...After battling with cysts and the like, you get larger pores and your skin never looks as "smooth" as it once did. I can always tell when someone has had acne pretty bad because the youthfulness of their skin is just gone. You still have that, so you should really consider yourself lucky.

I'd say don't mess around putting chemicals on your skin unless you start getting cysts. Stuff like that goes away really easy after a few years in most cases...Almost everyone I knew had acne like that and they're all clear...I'm 20 almost and still fighting the crap off even after taking accutane. It's BS.

I'll tell you this also: I let acne ruin my life. Don't let it ruin yours. I was so sick of being stared at that I dropped out of school after 10th grade, got my GED and I haven't done much of anything sense. That is 3 (almost 4) years of not-a-damn-thing and I hate myself for letting it go that far. Concentrate on your school work and try to suck it up for now. Like I said, if it gets worse, THEN worry, but as for right now, I bet noone even really notices. Trust me, if you start nuking your face with chemicals, it'll get worse regaurdless and you will regret that. Hopefully you can trust me on this.

Get some sun, maybe. Your skin looks pretty white...The sun helps with acne (I don't care how dangerous people say it is, it DOES help) to an extent. I was always tan and my acne looked better than when I sat in my house for 2 years and turned white. ;)

^^ As for the Tazorac comment - That's for more moderate acne and is pretty damaging. It's essentially like putting Accutane on your face. I owe my thanks to that little tube of cream for giving me a scar on my face. ;) Thankfully it isn't a pitted scar or anything, but still...Dries your skin so much it just can't heal.

I can understand what you mean by it looks worse in the day time, different lighting will show more or less flaws. Drink water. Heaps and heaps and heaps of water..

Also -

"I've had pimplies since I was 14, but they pale in comparison to what's been happening since february"

Hehe, pimplies. Cute.

Well, I'm 15 - soon 16 xD - and I'm a lot worse. I didn't even look that good two years ago!

Your acne is not that bad - believe me!

My acne has been moderate (I think it might be going to "severe") since I was 14. Think I got my first acne around 11 or 12, but that wasn't bad at all!

Now, I'm on my... 3. day with the CSR, and I'm hoping it will kill the freakin' acne!

I've been crying my eyes out, not wanting to leave the house, not wanting ANYONE to see my face, thought about skipping school for a couple of days and a 1000 other things, because of my acne.

I know how you feel. Maybe even worse

i honestly dont think its that bad at all, ok theres a couple very small red spots here and there and thats about it and your skin seems a little oily, but i dont think it loos really alarming or anything

Just over a week on after posting this and I feel foolish for even letting it get to me.. went back to sixth form and no one's batted an eye lid. Infact, alot of people have a fair few spots round their chin, so i'm guessing no one cares at all

In terms of treating it, not sounding too preemptive, i've miraculously begun to clear up by changing my diet and taking some supplements. A big red spot on my chin that's been there for about 2 months has begun to shift.. and red marks have begun fading.. so for me at least, it was diet related.. at least now I can live my life not caring about my face

Try the clear skin regimen that is on this site! I think it should definitely get you clear. Well, it has or a lot of people. I just started!

thinking negative about acne = stress = acne

read about statistics and how many people have acne, then rethink again about it

I know it's hardly comforting to say it isn't very bad, but....It isn't bad. At all. You know, that's the kinda' acne I wish I had. At 16, I was getting cysts and whatnot. You should be glad...Look past the red spots and look at the rest of your skin...It's smooth and your pores are small...After battling with cysts and the like, you get larger pores and your skin never looks as "smooth" as it once did. I can always tell when someone has had acne pretty bad because the youthfulness of their skin is just gone. You still have that, so you should really consider yourself lucky.

I'd say don't mess around putting chemicals on your skin unless you start getting cysts. Stuff like that goes away really easy after a few years in most cases...Almost everyone I knew had acne like that and they're all clear...I'm 20 almost and still fighting the crap off even after taking accutane. It's BS.

I'll tell you this also: I let acne ruin my life. Don't let it ruin yours. I was so sick of being stared at that I dropped out of school after 10th grade, got my GED and I haven't done much of anything sense. That is 3 (almost 4) years of not-a-damn-thing and I hate myself for letting it go that far. Concentrate on your school work and try to suck it up for now. Like I said, if it gets worse, THEN worry, but as for right now, I bet noone even really notices. Trust me, if you start nuking your face with chemicals, it'll get worse regaurdless and you will regret that. Hopefully you can trust me on this.

Get some sun, maybe. Your skin looks pretty white...The sun helps with acne (I don't care how dangerous people say it is, it DOES help) to an extent. I was always tan and my acne looked better than when I sat in my house for 2 years and turned white. ;)

^^ As for the Tazorac comment - That's for more moderate acne and is pretty damaging. It's essentially like putting Accutane on your face. I owe my thanks to that little tube of cream for giving me a scar on my face. ;) Thankfully it isn't a pitted scar or anything, but still...Dries your skin so much it just can't heal.

richs: listen to Angelis. Elimination of grains and sugars from your diet should help tremendously. Of course, that is difficult, but you can try to drastically cut down on grains and sugars. Like Angelis said, don't nuke your face with chemicals, or else you'll be dealing with redmarks and possibly mild scars. Oh, and sunlight (without sunblock) is healthy; just make sure you don't burn and you're set.