Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stabby Rip Stab Stab

BRING ON THE TANE!!!!!!!!!

G'day people i have finally started on the roaccutane and can't wait til its over.

i am 19 male, turn 20 in about a month and for the last year and a half i have been battling with acne. it sucks that i got it so late into my teens.

went on minomycin which worked for a few months then the acne came back with a vengeance, lots of nodules on cheeks etc, very painful.

FUCKING DANS REGIMEN WAS THE BIGGEST LOAD OF SHIT EVER!!!! DON'T BOTHER WITH IT IF YOU HAVE INFLAMMATORY ACNE

anyways i am taking dexmethesone (cortico-steroid) aswell as roaccutane so the IB isn't cystic.

i am on day 4 atm no side effects as of yet but lips are beginnning to dry a litlle bit and couple of lil white heads pop up throughout the day.

anyway bring on the tane. i aint scared of you just give me my life back.

Scope out the pics don't know how to make them bigger though when u click it if anyone else knows how..........This is acne with a vengeance as a result from the minocycline stop working..........this is one week into the tane

peace

post-46143-1157706965_thumb.jpg

post-46143-1157706986_thumb.jpg

post-46143-1157707004_thumb.jpg

post-46143-1157706965_thumb.jpg

post-46143-1157706986_thumb.jpg

post-46143-1157707004_thumb.jpg

day 5

today was the same as every other day.

woke up showered/washed/took copious amounts of vitamins and tane. went to college with the intent of studying and doing assignments but was sidetracked as usual with the notion of getting high.

from 12-5pm was a mix of weed, pool, soccer and eating shitloads of food.

felt a bit edgy and paranioid at one point but i don't blame tane directly for that because i am slightly tapped in the head.

no dry lips or anything but they should b here soon so i think i'll start moisturising tonight.

peace y'all i'll have the photos soon. I think i have the worst acne that i've seen on these boards but some people cry about it so much more

day 6

had a film shoot tonight for my comedy flick i'm making "Chopper Goes To College". Hopefully i'll get the $30000 prize at this festival its getting entered in.

i'm breaking out a lot around and on my nose...does the tane start off around your nose or something...either way its fucked i think i'll have a pretty whitehead infested IB.

oh well no use being down about something that isn't going to be thbere much longer.....hopefully

G'day people i have finally started on the roaccutane and can't wait til its over.

i am 19 male, turn 20 in about a month and for the last year and a half i have been battling with acne. it sucks that i got it so late into my teens.

went on minomycin which worked for a few months then the acne came back with a vengeance, lots of nodules on cheeks etc, very painful.

FUCKING DANS REGIMEN WAS THE BIGGEST LOAD OF SHIT EVER!!!! DON'T BOTHER WITH IT IF YOU HAVE INFLAMMATORY ACNE

anyways i am taking dexmethesone (cortico-steroid) aswell as roaccutane so the IB isn't cystic.

i am on day 4 atm no side effects as of yet but lips are beginnning to dry a litlle bit and couple of lil white heads pop up throughout the day.

anyway bring on the tane. i aint scared of you just give me my life back.

pics coming soon..............just don't know how to upload them...help anyone??? what file type do i use??

peace

Use a jpg, gif, or png. Those should work. And you can upload them to photobucket to directly link them in to the thread.

I want to see if your acne is as bad as you claim it is.

Good luck!

Hey~Good luck with your Accutane course. I hope it works QUICKLY for you!!!! Also, your comedy film sound really interesting. You seem to have a great sense of humor, which is the perfect personality trait to have when you suffer from acne, I think.... Anyway, welcome and best wishes for clear skin.

day 9

my nose area is fucked its really irritating around the edges. i haven't really been moisturising that much so i think it got dry around the nose then the dead skin gets trapped thus causing these disgusting whiteheads around my nose.

pics coming in 2 days

day 9

my nose area is fucked its really irritating around the edges. i haven't really been moisturising that much so i think it got dry around the nose then the dead skin gets trapped thus causing these disgusting whiteheads around my nose.

pics coming in 2 days

Hey man good luck, I am on Day 8. Keep on with that moisturizer ;)

good luck.

my acne has gone down 90% in 60 days of 40 mg accutane.

i'm doing another 90 days at 80 mg accutane so hopefully I will never have a pimple again.

i started out with only light/moderate cystic/nodular acne but accutane has really worked for me.

good luck.

i'm doing another 90 days at 80 mg accutane so hopefully I will never have a pimple again.

i started out with only light/moderate cystic/nodular acne but accutane has really worked for me.

yo man tell me if your acne is as bad as mine in my pics above....they're a bit small though but most of the red are hard bumps and theres about 6 whiteheads u can't see

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ yea bit of redmarks but they sort of look brown because of my olive skin.

Day 10

i'm on day 10 now and still haven't dried out....is this normal??????? i'll be upping the dose in 5 days.

today i couldn't find my wallet and something just snapped and i lost my mind and started trashing my room, kicked down my door and ripped off the side mirror of my car. looked under my bed and there was my wallet!! i think i'm going schizophrenic or something i just have such a short temper now. got a 200+ ppl party tonight i know heaps of chicks there but haven;t seen any since my skin got bad so i wonder what they're going to think.

oh well fuck em if they are all snobby and shit over acne plus theres always the fat chicks who need lovin too.....ooh yea more cushion for the pushin :cool:

good luck.

yo man tell me if your acne is as bad as mine in my pics above....they're a bit small though but most of the red are hard bumps and theres about 6 whiteheads u can't see

yours is worse than mine, but that doesnt mean it wont help. just keep taking the accutane and let some time go by. it won't help you over night... it takes time. but seriously, you will see huge improvements soon enough and it will really improve your life.

people with mild/light acne are usually completely cured by accutane.

people with really, terribly bad cystic acne usually improve a huge amount (and sometimes they are cured but not usually)... with a second course you can often finish it off.

good luck m8

btw, if you drink or smoke a lot of dope, STOP DRINKING...

even though there is only the theoretical increased risk of drinking while on accutane, the drinking will raise your liver enzymes and increase your blood fat levels (the latter as a result of being on accutane)...

Increased stress on your liver which is already detoxifying the hepatotoxic accutane will possibly cause your doctor to take you OFF of accutane if you're getting ugly looking blood tests... don't eat fatty/shit meals... that means no mcdonalds & as little pizza as you can. try to eat decent and take accutane with a bit of fat if possible. this sounds contradictory but if you really want to get rid of acne you will put effort into this. (if you take the accutane with a high-fat meal or with a teaspoon of oil you will increase the serum levels since your digestive track will more effectively absorb accutane into your blood stream.)

I've taken 100% of my accutane pills on time and with a fatty meal, and never pissed a pill for 60 days. I drank a bit of booze while on vacation but otherwise I've been really good not drinking.

I just got my dose doubled for the last 3 months im on accutane because the doctor said my tests look good.

I've been eating healthy, drinking lots of green tea and getting exercise.

Finally, stay away from painkillers or anything else that is hepatotoxic. If you have to take them, take as little as possible and do NOT mix with alcohol/accutane... (Even though accutane has a biological halflife of around 20 hrs.)

i know how much acne can ruin people's lives... so, again, good luck, keep it at. it will work out in the end.

also, my temper got worse on accutane for sure. irritating things could cause me to snap. i don't take any shit from anyone...

however, i'm still a very happy person and i'm never depressed.

don't let it get to you. if your dose is being upped you might get worse so watch out. don't break mirrors off of cars :)

good luck.

yours is worse than mine, but that doesnt mean it wont help. just keep taking the accutane and let some time go by. it won't help you over night... it takes time. but seriously, you will see huge improvements soon enough and it will really improve your life.

people with mild/light acne are usually completely cured by accutane.

people with really, terribly bad cystic acne usually improve a huge amount (and sometimes they are cured but not usually)... with a second course you can often finish it off.

good luck m8

btw, if you drink or smoke a lot of dope, STOP DRINKING...

even though there is only the theoretical increased risk of drinking while on accutane, the drinking will raise your liver enzymes and increase your blood fat levels (the latter as a result of being on accutane)...

Increased stress on your liver which is already detoxifying the hepatotoxic accutane will possibly cause your doctor to take you OFF of accutane if you're getting ugly looking blood tests... don't eat fatty/shit meals... that means no mcdonalds & as little pizza as you can. try to eat decent and take accutane with a bit of fat if possible. this sounds contradictory but if you really want to get rid of acne you will put effort into this. (if you take the accutane with a high-fat meal or with a teaspoon of oil you will increase the serum levels since your digestive track will more effectively absorb accutane into your blood stream.)

I've taken 100% of my accutane pills on time and with a fatty meal, and never pissed a pill for 60 days. I drank a bit of booze while on vacation but otherwise I've been really good not drinking.

I just got my dose doubled for the last 3 months im on accutane because the doctor said my tests look good.

I've been eating healthy, drinking lots of green tea and getting exercise.

Finally, stay away from painkillers or anything else that is hepatotoxic. If you have to take them, take as little as possible and do NOT mix with alcohol/accutane... (Even though accutane has a biological halflife of around 20 hrs.)

i know how much acne can ruin people's lives... so, again, good luck, keep it at. it will work out in the end.

also, my temper got worse on accutane for sure. irritating things could cause me to snap. i don't take any shit from anyone...

however, i'm still a very happy person and i'm never depressed.

don't let it get to you. if your dose is being upped you might get worse so watch out. don't break mirrors off of cars :)

yo man so if the liver is getting pounded does that = more breakouts????

day 14

broke out a bit over the course of the day still around my nose...this is the only area i've broken out on since starting the tane which sucks because i never had problems with my nose b4. i';m scared that when i stop the dexmethesone in a coupole of weeks i'm gonna get some inflamed breakout.

party saturday night was awesome. free booze although didn't drink heaps. ended up taking an eccy (yellow mg's anyone???) didn't really do much except make me king of the dance floor.

later

day 17

woke up on the floor of my mates bedroom cuz we all passed out there after getting fucked up and having a night out on the town.

had my 40mgs today lips are a little dryer but really nothing bad. skins got a few new bumps under my skin and i have a massive inflamed zit on my nose which looks awful but hey i hear the nose is the first to breakout and the first to heal or something...anyone else heard this.

anyways someone plz reply i'm so lonely haha j/k

day 23

yo yo yo thought i'd update how shits been going.

i'm no longer on the corticosteroid dexmethesone so i'm prone to inflammation, but so far nothing too bad has popped up. my skin is getting a bit worse but it is also clearing up in spots so its sort of equaling out, but getting worse more than healing but WHO CARES tane is saving my life!!!!

i saw Zakk Wylde (ex ozzy osbourne guitarist) and the Black Label Society last night they rocked my socks off. I've been drunk about 4 times this week and have some minor back pain but its bearable. haven't been eating healthy or drinking much water so for the next week i'm going to clean up a bit. i wanna give the tane its best chance . do u think it matters if u take it on an empty stomach????

anyways peace y'all i'll get a picture update in a week or so when i can hire out a camera from uni again

later

Accutane is best absorbed with a fatty meal. I don't think you'll be getting it's full potential if you take it on an empty stomach.

day 28

one month in and feeling good

today was a bit bad tho i woke up and underneath my left eye is all filled with fluid. its not a pimple rather just like my tear ducts are filled with shit....lokos disgusting. oh well its going down fast...hope i dont go blind

day 28

one month in and feeling good

today was a bit bad tho i woke up and underneath my left eye is all filled with fluid. its not a pimple rather just like my tear ducts are filled with shit....lokos disgusting. oh well its going down fast...hope i dont go blind