Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hmm

My acne

About less than a week or so ago, I posted some pics of me up, after taking a shower and applying some evoclin. I then posted them in the severe acne forum and alot of the people there said that it's not severe but mild to moderate. IMO, I have a lot of either scars/redmarks and some small "budges" which could be cysts beneath my skin. So yeah, check out my gallery please and let me know how I can treat this and what I can do. I'm going to visit the derm in 3 weeks but Idk if I'll get any medication cuz I'm not sure if my family's medical insurance will cover it.

Click here for the pictures

Thanks for any information or concerns, etc.

Guest Sincerely_Me

It looks like redmarks and scars to me, doesn't look like you have much actual acne.

For the redmarks, and AHA, like Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion works well, however it DOES sting, and it definitely can leave your skin irritated. Apple Cider Vinegar is good for redmarks too, so use that as a "toner". I found that regular rubbing alcohol has done a lot for my redmarks as well.

For scars, you may get something with retinol, but that's all I can tell you.

And no, you don't have severe acne :D

It looks like redmarks and scars to me, doesn't look like you have much actual acne.

For the redmarks, and AHA, like Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion works well, however it DOES sting, and it definitely can leave your skin irritated. Apple Cider Vinegar is good for redmarks too, so use that as a "toner". I found that regular rubbing alcohol has done a lot for my redmarks as well.

For scars, you may get something with retinol, but that's all I can tell you.

And no, you don't have severe acne :D

Where can I get this AHA and how much does it cost? Is a derm visit worth going to? What I mean is that by going to the derm will he/she be able to treat my redmarks/scars instead of acne?

EDIT: Also, I've had those marks for a while now, probably a good 8 or so months. How long do they usually go away?

EDIT #2: So would using bp just prevent new pimples but they won't do anything to the redmarks/scars?

AHA, can be found at any large supermarket I guess (in the States... in Sweden you have to go to the pharmacy); just some glycolic acid...

Retinols should be perfect for you; visit your derm and he might give you something (not very expensive)...

It can take a long time for red marks to fade, depending on skin type and how deep they are.

You might get some scarring, but retinol helps that

BP can even delay the healiing of scars! Go, get retinol :P

Guest Sincerely_Me

Where can I get this AHA and how much does it cost? Is a derm visit worth going to? What I mean is that by going to the derm will he/she be able to treat my redmarks/scars instead of acne?

EDIT: Also, I've had those marks for a while now, probably a good 8 or so months. How long do they usually go away?

EDIT #2: So would using bp just prevent new pimples but they won't do anything to the redmarks/scars?

Well, I use Alpha Hydrox Enhanced lotion and I buy it from HERE

But the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion has AHA's in the moisturizer. I'm sure you can find some at a drugstore if you really search.

A derm IS worth going to because they can really help you. They will be able to treat anything you've got...acne or redmarks.

BP prevents and treats pimples, but don't heal redmarks.