Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
slevin

protein shakes and creatine

Can you get acne from protein shakes and creatine... some people say you can :confused: Anyone have any experince with this? Im thinking about quit using these stuff and see if it helps.

Doubt anything in your diet is causing your acne, hormones people! BTW Protein shakes haven't done anything to me, I think people get the misconceptino because they associate any bodybuilding supplements with steroids( which can cause acne!).

I've read many people say it does & many say no (like me) -I took them for about year and had nothing.It really depends on people to people i think you can give it a try and see how it works for you.

Try it and see how your skin reacts. pay close attention even take pictures that will help. Personally, creatine had negative affects for my skin, but I don't seem to have trouble with whey protein, milk and such. Everybody's different good luck.

i kno for a FACT 150% creatine made my acne go CRAZY .... i did cellmass which is straight creatine and it made my acne flare up like crazy within like a week...got of it decreased and went to normal random breakouts after like 2weeks of it.....

so i figured naww cant be the creatine did it aigan SAME EXACT THING... i also feel like whey protien breaks me out

i dont like it when people say "theres no way anything but steroids can cause acne" <---that is a completly false and untrue statement u can even look up on body work out sites and every so often u find someone who is rating creatine they said there acne went crazy

i def say if u do creatine there is a 50% chance ur acne will go crazy

try it then let me kno how right i was

jus looking out man

stay AWAY from creatine i would even stay away from protien shakes

i make my own now and im all natural

post work out shake that wont cause acne

soy milk 8 ounces or so

2 tbl spoon natural peanut butter

2 teaspoons olive oil

handful almonds

half banana

egg whites (enough for like 3 full eggs)

add ice

blend it all up

and ur set

i eat tons of protien to get big too

tuna,chiken,eggs, beef jerkey all day

all this works jus as good and wont cause crazy flare ups

i did cotttage cheese for awhile but that made me break out as well ...i read the label confused and wouldnt u kno it it contains "whey"

for me whey/creatine = acne

Whey protien is derived from milk protiens...For me, milk makes me get pimples. There are hormones, in milk, afterall. You'd think that during the whole pasturization that they'd somehow be removed, but apparently not. I can eat beef all day long because it's been cooked and that probably destroys the hormones or something.

Try soy protien or something.

Ive taken both for a while now. I remember when everyone made a big deal aout creatine and how it can harm your health(how your not supposed to drink beer or anything when youre on it, and how its like steroids.) None of that is true. Ask any doc, they will tell you that all creatine does is makes your muscles absorb more water making them lager and more defined. The only thing this has to dow tih acne is that it reall does help to drink a lot of water. Its suggested to dink atleast a gallon of pure water per day while taking creatine, if you want to help your acne and face from getting dried out Id say drink 2 gallons(get ready to take a lot of bathroom breaks from class or work). And if you are a drinker(of beer) then Id say watch it becasue it does dehydrate you to a degree. Potein Im not sure about. I do know that it is better to eat food that are highin protein becasue if your body gets a high dose of it all at once(I think most proteinmixes have about 20g per serving) your body will just get rid of it becasue it doesnt need all of it at once. I hope this was helpful.

Can anyone give more info on this....I've been takin whey protien and it hasnt done much for me.

I took creatine last fall and thats when I REALLY started breaking out. I quit for the winter and spring but didnt notice much of a difference in my skin. And now all of summer and up until 2 weeks ago I continued to get acne on my cheeks. So, I'm not sure if its from the creatine. (by the way, I'm in like week 4 and I'm finally starting to rarely get new pimples....just ALL these red marks on my cheeks make it look worse than it is.

oh yeah and when I did take the creatine last fall, I got GREAT results as far as bulking and definiton...it DEF. helped me get bigger, especially in my arms. However, it gave my acne problems...

So anyone else with information would be great, because I'm REALLY considering starting up again but I've heard bad reviews about it and its connection with acne.

Hmm, i was on creatine for two straight months and it did nothing to affect my face whatsoever. I take whey protein now, drinking 1 now actually, and it does the same thing. I do know though that the roides shoot your testosterone through the ceiling which causes acne. I get a monthly subscription from men's health and they suggest trying to time your workout either early in the mornings or late at night so you can easily wash your face afterwards. (reason being when u lift ur test. spikes dramatically)... I've lifted for 8 years now and for a while their very competitively. Any thing i can help you with, please don't hesitate to pm me or something. I know a great deal.

I believe not drinking Milk benifits adult males more then females.

Whey protien powder mixed with cold water will not give you Zits! or pimples!

If you mix it with actual milk then yes you may get a zit or two, the milk they have in the stores has alot of hormones that were injected in the cattle to make them produce more milk....also Whey protien is also great for those who are lactose intolorent...get the isolated kind.

If you do drink milk buy the organic milk and limit it to 1 cup a day...you should be fine.

I am trying to eliminate milk now started yesterday...i use very little now, i put a little in my oatmeal and in my dark chocolate cocoa just a little.

Also try to limit cheese and cream cheese anything dairy.

I also know too much milk is bad for a mans prostate their is a reason we stop breast feeding....

Drinking less Dairy helps MEN more then women!

Again this is mainly focused towards the Males who have acne.

I was taking both whey protein and creatine 2 years ago. I got some of the worst breakouts about a couple weeks after I started taking it. I then quit taking and my skin got a little better. About a year later I started taking whey protein again. My skin didn't get any worse. Currently I am taking creatine and whey and I can safely say it has no affect on my skin. I'm guessing that my horrible breakouts were from something else, most likely my poor sleeping patterns and high sugar intake.

I was taking both whey protein and creatine 2 years ago. I got some of the worst breakouts about a couple weeks after I started taking it. I then quit taking and my skin got a little better. About a year later I started taking whey protein again. My skin didn't get any worse. Currently I am taking creatine and whey and I can safely say it has no affect on my skin. I'm guessing that my horrible breakouts were from something else, most likely my poor sleeping patterns and high sugar intake.

ya also the brands of whey out now! have come a long way...they improved big time so the quality is much better...they are supposed to be kosher.

ya poor sleep and sugar and also greasy foods dont help.

I also do this at night now i boil super hot water and then put it in a bowl and cover my head with a towel and put my face over the steam for like 5-6 minutes and then ill wash my face with a gentle cleanser and put a toner on it...I use apple cidar vinegar now i been doing this for about 4 days and my skin is smoother now.

Whey or creatine never give me acne. Testosterone boosting products (beit legal or illegal) do. Arachidonic acid made my face 3 times greasier for example. And thats a non hormonal alternative...

So i'd say, stay away from anabolic steroids (unless you need to..) and test. boosting products like tribulus terrestris, 6-oxo, novadex, rebound xt, ..

Can you get acne from protein shakes and creatine... some people say you can :confused: Anyone have any experince with this? Im thinking about quit using these stuff and see if it helps.

No. Creatine is natural - unlike what 99.9% of the people here believe it is, a steroid. Case closed.

:ninja:

I have been having shakes and Creatine Ethyl Ester for about a year now and no side effects. Creatine is not a steroid, you should be ok but monitor your progress.

Whey or creatine never give me acne. Testosterone boosting products (beit legal or illegal) do. Arachidonic acid made my face 3 times greasier for example. And thats a non hormonal alternative...

So i'd say, stay away from anabolic steroids (unless you need to..) and test. boosting products like tribulus terrestris, 6-oxo, novadex, rebound xt, ..

ahh a fellow supplement user lol..

I know that arachidonic acid is bad for your heart...and some other acid in SWOLE v2 that i took it made me so sick my muscles were fatigued from over training.

I would never use those tests boosters cause of the high probability of GYNO or B*tch tits as they call them...and for females it causes enlarged clitoris...yikes.

OT:

Theres been some talk about guanipro guanidinopropionic acid being bad for you, because there hasn't really been a study to prove it's safety, so I guess thats the thing you were talking about.

OT:

Theres been some talk about guanipro guanidinopropionic acid being bad for you, because there hasn't really been a study to prove it's safety, so I guess thats the thing you were talking about.

yes and it made me sick! i couldnt move out of bed for 7 days because i over trained because it helped me push harder and i didnt know when to stop! so after a 2 week sof taking swole v2 i put on alot of water weight and pushed harder every workout...it works but at a price your health lol

some people dont get side effects from it but i did.

Ok, I thought I should add my 2p to this thread. Creatine itself will not cause acne AFAIK. I use it myself. What CAN cause acne in some people is an increase in your testosterone levels which is effected by how much you are working out (and other factors). As creatine can make you want to work out more/harder, you might be getting acne because of that. I only use Prolab Creatine Monohydrate and I've seen no change to my acne levels (I've been using it on and off for 6 months). I don't know what is in other brands of creatine, so I can't say for definite it isn't something they've added... but anyway...

Oh, I did find out one thing which has DEFINITELY made my skin worse... Bio Oil (funny how I was singing praises of this 2 months back). It did reduce redness a bit probably, but that's no good if it makes me come up in big red cysts. I guess it works for some and not for others... :S *puts bio oil in the bin*

I've been using creatine for about a month now and no breakouts. I'm also on protein shakes and weight gainer. No breakouts with those either.

OMG THAT MUST BE WHY I BROKE OUT LIKE INSANE AND I HAVE THE WORST ACNE IVE EVER HAD!

This summer, my acne started to get real bad.

Coincidentally, this summer, i wanted to get HUGE so i would look sexy on the beach.

I was drinking lots and lots of chocolate milk and protein and eggs and everything.

I never did go to the beach....cuz i had too much acne lol

Ive stopped protein shakes and milk xept milk for breakfast.

Acne going away SLOWLY. :D