Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Forever-Lovely

I don't care what ya'll say...Im trying the Proactiv Regimen!

Ok...from the dermatologist I have tried:

• Minocylcin (twice)
  • Retin-A
  • Differin
  • Brevoxl
  • Duac

Nothing worked. So, this is what I am doing right now (to the dismay of many people on acne.org!)

Morning and Night:

• Wash with Proactiv wash
  • Proactiv Toner
  • Proactiv Lotion
  • Proactiv Mask twice a week

I am also on Orthotricyclin Lo (started one week ago)

I did my regimen for the first time tonight. So far I liked it. My acne is moderate right now. I'll keep ya posted!! :)

oh i wish i could go back to those days. I had been on Proactiv for around 3 years....clear forehead, clear cheeks, clear nose....only from time to time i would get bumps....Oh How i wish...well at the beginning of summer, I started breaking out a bit more than usual so I went off it.....worse decision i've ever made in my life. Now it's completely uneffective and i'm on Doryx which is an arm in the leg to pay for, Tazorac and Duac, and my skin is peeling like heck..

sorry for the downer.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Say hi to the folks at Guthy-Renker for me. But seriously, best of luck with it.

Have you considered trying the Clear Skin Regimen?

I'm not trying to be a downer here but the CSR is more effective than the Proactive regimen. Proactive will work depending on the severity of your acne. I used it for 3 years and kept me pretty clear, although, not completely clear. I had mild acne, too. When I found the CSR, it worked much better than proactive. the proactive toner has glycolic acid in it and I don't believe my skin handles that very well. good luck in whatever you decide.

I used it for 3 years and kept me pretty clear, although, not completely clear. I had mild acne, too.

^Same here....I used it religiously. But I was pretty clear.

May I add 'Ms. Sweetie Pie'- using the 3-step system 2x a day didn't work any better for me- when I did use it, I would use a Lancome Cleanser (oil free) in the morning, then the toner and the lotion from Proactiv, and then in the evening, I would use the three steps + the mask..I guess I just couldn't use the cleanser 2x a day.

And also, although I've gone off proactiv, I still use the mask like every single day to "spot treat" (i don't put it over my entire face)

Guest Sincerely_Me

Good luck with Proactiv! I wish I could say I had a good experience!

Day 5 & 6.

I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.I'm ugly.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Day 5 & 6.

I'm ugly.

Chill out. I think you should try the CSR.

Not sure why everyone preaches the "CSR" as if it were acne-cure-gospel. It doesn't work even when used properly...Nothing new...Just BP and Lotion...The same thing doctors have been perscribing for years...

And even if it DID work, it's just the same old harsh chemicals being put on your face until it becomes so ruined that any pimple you ever get becomes a scar. How many people here can tell that story!

Day 7 & 8.

Whats up with everybody telling me to chill? Gosh.

Anyway my skin is looking really good now. My oil production isnt near as bad as it used to be. My skin is soft. My blemishes are healing nicely. This is cool.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Whats up with everybody telling me to chill? Gosh.

Because you ooze hostility.

Anyway my skin is looking really good now. My oil production isnt near as bad as it used to be. My skin is soft. My blemishes are healing nicely. This is cool.

So let me get this straight. Two days ago you were infinitely ugly, now everything is peachey?

Not sure why everyone preaches the "CSR" as if it were acne-cure-gospel. It doesn't work even when used properly...Nothing new...Just BP and Lotion...The same thing doctors have been perscribing for years...

The word refinement comes to mind. That's where modern synthetic meds. come into thier own IMO. I don't actually use this regimen, nor do i believe that BP is the best mode of acne control/prevention. But with that said, the CSR gives good results at a cheap price.

You got a better idea?

And even if it DID work, it's just the same old harsh chemicals being put on your face until it becomes so ruined that any pimple you ever get becomes a scar. How many people here can tell that story!

Probably hundreds of idiots who don't bother to research and implement smart, gentle and simple skin care. You want to start the head count?

"Grow to Overthrow", yes, I do have a better idea. Accutane! It costed me about $15 for 6 months and I was completely clear. BP and all these other creams have never worked for anyone. They work for a set amount of time, then stop. Trust me, BP worked for me too the first time I used it!....For about 3 weeks.

Okay, so you call someone out for oozing hostility all while calling me an idiot because you disagree with me...Nice. How's this for hostility: Blow me. How is "gentle and simple skin care" defined by smearing BP on your face in massive amounts? BP is extremely harsh. Throw in a moisturizer known for not clogging pores (but does anyways, it has two chemicals in it that are known to irritate acne-prone skin; we're talking about Cetaphil here) and that is "gentle"? Right. "Gentle" skin care is what normal people do; water and MAYBE a lil' soap. We don't have that option. If you're regimine of "gentle, simple skin care" is working so well for you, why don't you share it with us, and why are you here?

Yeah I know...I barely gave proactiv a week to work..but you know what? Everyone scared the crap out of me. So I went to the derm today to get Accutane. Of course he said no. The stupid doctor put me on duac, AGAIN! Even though I've already been on it. Now I am taking tetracyclin 500mg twice a day too.

Whatever.