Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ashley

make-up changes color throughout the day!

okay when i do my make up in the morning my face is natural looking and matches my neck, etc.. but then a couple hours later since my faces gets a bit oily and what not and then my it seems like my face looks darker and it looks more obvious im wearing makeup!! it isnt so bad now.. but it used to be pretty bad.. my face would turn an orangish colour by lunch!! it sucks! has anyone else had this problem?

Yes, Sparty is correct. Try switching your makeup/moisturizer until you find one that doesn't turn on you. I find that problem very common with a lot of products. It's gross!

i dont use moisturizer because i'm on creams from the dermatologist which makes my face appear oily!! and my face is naturally oily which doesnt help, anyway first i use a concealer stick by cover girl(neutralizer) its basically white almost. and then i use maybelline pure stay powder&foundation(its powder and foundation in one)

Try using Coverblend by Exuviance (Neostrata). It's made for acne and is good for your skin. Lasts ALL day. I just use the concealer but they also have foundations. It's not expensive either. O:)

Guest Tracy

Oftentimes this happens when someone uses a WARM-toned foundation which contains PEACH. If you'd switch to a yellow based/true beige color that does not contain any peach, it will not turn orange on you.

Do you reapply your makeup throughout the day (especially powder)??

Sometimes, your makeup will change colors, because these products are so highly pigmented (depending on the makeup you use), so you keep on caking on more and more product.

If not, it could very well be your moisturizer that you use under your makeup, if you don't wear a moisturizer, I suggest using a "foundation primer" under your makeup, this will help your makeup last longer throughout the day, and it will also help with the color staying the way it looks when you first apply it!

I've had this problem in the past as well. Are you very oily-skinned? That is the reason why my foundations and powders would change colors on me as the day progressed. My brown eyebrow powder would change to a reddish-rust toned brown, and my foundation would turn a bit orangey and a bit darker as well. I now use a charcoal grey toned brow pencil and a transfer-resistant liquid foundation, Revlon Colorstay SPF 6. This fdtn. doesn't change color once it dries. HTH

I use Purpose moisturizer followed with "Cover Girl Fresh Look" foundation and powder, I do not touch it up during the day (dont want it to look cakey) and at first for a couple hours after I apply it, it looks natural and hides my acne scars pretty good, but toward the end of the day it turns almost pink looking over my scars. Everybody on this board seems to like the Revlon "ColorStay" think I will try it, but does it have a pwder with it....

I had this problem too. You might want to try switching to a creme based makeup (I am using the stick version of Revlon Colorstay) since it last longer, I don't have to reapply as much and it hasn't changed colors yet...