Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brendan_192

what do the ladies think

well im a guy and i use a concealer to cover up pimples or if i still have a blemish from a recent pimple. i also now use the concealer to hide the dark circles under the eyes. as youd probably expect im prety self conscious using make up because im a guy. basically im a bit hesitent to make any commitment to any girl ive dated recently because i dont know wat they would think if they knew i use a concelaer, or that i evan get pimples because no one realises with concealer, ive evan had compliments on how i have perfect skin ( i feel really guilty when girls tell me this because i know the truth is i have horrible skin) i know most of the girls on here are gonna be prety understanding because you know what its like to get acne but what about girls who dont know wat its like, what do they think of a guy that uses concealer to cover pimples.

I don't think you should worry about it. If a girl looks down on you or doesn't want to date you because you breakout or because you do something to conceal it, then she's not worth worrying about. It's not like yr doing eye shadow, eye liner, mascara, lipstick, ect. And even if you were there are some girls who wouldn't care about that either. Do what makes you comfortable and happy. Don't worry about other people. You'll find someone who accepts it. But I would definately be upfront and honest about it. It's kinda like a woman who stuffs her bra. If it makes her happy and feel better there is nothing wrong with it. But she has to be honest that when it comes off, some of the boobs go to. Honesty is virtue.

Oh please, the girls themselves wear tons of stuff to mask what their true skin is like, so why should we judge men for doing the same? The male movie stars wear makeup all the time to conceal their skin problems and nobody judges them.

I don't find guys with makeup on a problem

just so as long it's not as done up as mine and people thinks he's got better skin than me :redface:

i think it's really fine dude. Like how many guys out there in this era doesn't use makeup. I knew my guy friend uses it ;) don't fret. If u feel comfortable with it, why not? It helps u in someway or other :)eg. confidence

well im a guy and i use a concealer to cover up pimples or if i still have a blemish from a recent pimple. i also now use the concealer to hide the dark circles under the eyes. as youd probably expect im prety self conscious using make up because im a guy. basically im a bit hesitent to make any commitment to any girl ive dated recently because i dont know wat they would think if they knew i use a concelaer, or that i evan get pimples because no one realises with concealer, ive evan had compliments on how i have perfect skin ( i feel really guilty when girls tell me this because i know the truth is i have horrible skin) i know most of the girls on here are gonna be prety understanding because you know what its like to get acne but what about girls who dont know wat its like, what do they think of a guy that uses concealer to cover pimples.

Were you thinking of bringing it up? Don't! I she outright asks you, be honest, but don't just tell her for the sake of telling. Also, if she's the kind of girl you want to be with, she won't be bothered by it when she finds out. Don't worry yourself over it. You'll be fine.

Lotta chicks get real rallied up about makeup, highschool isn't kind man.

If I were you, I would say fuck it with makeup, Especially to get rid of dark circles under your eyes man, wtf is that?

i think its cool you use concealer! If a girl doesnt like it, then thats her problem and she obviously isnt worth worrying about. As a girl, i couldnt live without my makeup, and i dont think theres anything wrong with males wearing concealer to hide their problem areas. After all, all the hottest movie stars wear it and they all look gorgeus lmao! :angel:

It would be hard to use a concealer without a woman knowing. Women wear makeup ..we know what it looks like esp. up close. Unless you have a very good conceler and very good lighting when you put it on, it's likely visble to at least some women. Men don't notice.

I'm not in your age group, so many opinion perhaps dosen't matter to you, but I'd rather date a guy who's ok with his flaws than wears concealer.

Leslie

thanks for the replies. i think i worded my question wrong, i couldnt care less if they have a problem with me using a concleaer because they think its gay or not a manly thing to do or whatever. thats not the problem, what im worried about is that they wouldnt find me as attractive without it and therefore not be interested anymore. i feel like whenever im around them id always have to have it on

thanks for the replies. i think i worded my question wrong, i couldnt care less if they have a problem with me using a concleaer because they think its gay or not a manly thing to do or whatever. thats not the problem, what im worried about is that they wouldnt find me as attractive without it and therefore not be interested anymore. i feel like whenever im around them id always have to have it on

You can't turn "horrible" skin into perfect skin with make up no matter how skilled you are. If you have active acne, raised scars or indented scars these cannot be covered up with make up. If you are able to achieve flawless skin with make up, I can only assume that your skin blemishes are not significant to begin with, and probably just consists of pigmentation issues. It is therefore difficult to believe that without your make up you are suddenly going to look so hideous that a girl that previous found you attractive would suddenly want to dump you. Sounds to me like you are overly fixated with your imperfections.

What do you mean you can't turn "horrible" skin into perfect skin with makeup? Do you really think all those celebrities walking down the red carpet have have naturally perfect flawless amazing skin? Doubt it!

What do you mean you can't turn "horrible" skin into perfect skin with makeup? Do you really think all those celebrities walking down the red carpet have have naturally perfect flawless amazing skin? Doubt it!

Of course I don't. But take Alicia Keys / Britney Spears for example. They both have acne and access to the best make up artists in the world. However, their acne, when they have it, is still VERY evident with their make up applied. The only time you can't see it is when it has been air brushed out of photographs. My point is that if you have active acne (i.e. raised whiteheads, nodules, cysts) or scarring which is raised or indented, no amount of make up is going to cover that up and delude people into thinking you suddenly have perfect skin as the OP suggested. Make up is best at covering pigmentation marks and evening out skin tone. If that is all you are suffering, it seems to me to be a bit of an exxageration to think that as soon as you take your make up off, you suddenly become hideous to the point of someone who previously found you attractive suddenly wanting to dump you which was the OP's concern.

To be honest, you can only see it if you look really really hard. Or if it's in one of those magazines up close, or circled, or highlighted.. it also depends on the lighting etc. We all see our skin as being worse than it really is, because we pick out all the flaws, because we see it allll the time. And if you have bad skin you notice other peoples skin more than people with good skin do. But seriously, if someone likes you with the makeup on and is suddenly unattracted to you once it's off, they're really not worth liking in the first place, because that's just shallow. Well in my opinion anyway.

Hi Brendan,

Some of the first replies you got were great - but some of those other replies were harsh and undeserved. A tiny bit of concealer is no big deal. It is so easy to blend that stuff into your skin when you have a good color match that I am sure no one does notice it on you. If you're suddenly worried about what people would say if they saw you without it - like a shocked reaction - how about using just a smidge less under the eyes? You might think your dark circles are shocking - but I don't know many people who don't have them - and if you wipe them out with concealer, that looks more artificial than hiding blemishes. Just my opinion of course. So I say wear it all you want on blemishes, use only a tiny fraction for circles - and if there comes a day when some pretty gal sees you without it - don't bring it up yourself, but if she mentions it or if she's looking at you like she's trying to figure out what is differnt, just say something confident about how you don't like the blemishes or scars and you just hide them until they heal. The best defense is CONFIDENCE. You know how those salesmen at the big State Fairs, or those tv commercials that get people to buy stupid things etc sound like they're so confident and strong that you begin to believe them? Well - be that confident if you have to talk about using concealer. Believe it yourself. If after that some young woman isn't pleased, let it slide. Personally, if I found out my b/f wore anything on his skin, I'd be intrigued but I'd never run. :) (Just don't ever look prettier than the girl - we ladies hate that...hehe) Good luck - hope I didn't make things worse! -LM

PS: I almost forgot - one of my friends used to dab makeup on her husband's forehead when he'd get a blemish there.

To be honest, you can only see it if you look really really hard. Or if it's in one of those magazines up close, or circled, or highlighted.. it also depends on the lighting etc.

Is that right? Check out the thread Celebrities with acne.

Some of the first replies you got were great - but some of those other replies were harsh and undeserved.

You may be referring to me. I don't intend to be harsh but I do mean to inject some reality here. I don't know how bad the OP's acne/scarring but it seems to me that there are an awful lot of people on the site who complain of suffering from acne/scarring and when you see their pictures there is little if any evidence of any problem, mild or otherwise. Now if someone wants to come to the site and complain about a minimal acne or scarring problem thats their right. However, if someone else wants to point out that they may be blowing the problem out of proportion, that's their right too.

I would like to say i wouldnt mind a guy that wears concealer HOWEVER if my bf was 2 do that i wouldnt think too positively about it.....

no probs mate!!i use concealer everyday pretty much everywhere a little-and my skin looks tons better with it, also wehn i get dark circles under eyes i might dab a bit of concealer on there too!!no big deal, some of frineds know taht i use it!1

makeup should be so good that it should look like u arent wearing any, so i dont see why u cant use concealer..

I'm a guy, and I dab on some concealer every once in a while when I have a huge red mark or a really noticeable breakout. I have no problem getting the attention of women, and no girls or guys have ever asked me if I wear makeup or a concealer (even the really obnoxious and blunt ones that I know lol).

I'd say as long as you're not caking it on and covering your face in it, then it's not a big deal. There's so many double standards in society as it is; don't let close-minded people tell you that if they found out a guy wore makeup they'd be over him or wouldn't be happy about it, especially if it's just a few dabs of concealer. Most makeup counters don't even flinch about helping a guy find the right shade (especially more well-knowns such as MAC), they're usually even more helpful to me because they know it's a sensitive issue for men.

Some of the first replies you got were great - but some of those other replies were harsh and undeserved.

You may be referring to me. I don't intend to be harsh but I do mean to inject some reality here. I don't know how bad the OP's acne/scarring but it seems to me that there are an awful lot of people on the site who complain of suffering from acne/scarring and when you see their pictures there is little if any evidence of any problem, mild or otherwise. Now if someone wants to come to the site and complain about a minimal acne or scarring problem thats their right. However, if someone else wants to point out that they may be blowing the problem out of proportion, that's their right too.

Maybe if you don't have anything nice to say you just shouldn't say anything at all.

No one blows anything out of proportion. To them, it's a big deal. To you, your skin may be a big deal but to people with even worse skin probably think you're just over reacting, it's not really for you to judge to be totally honest.

Also, sometimes I get pretty bad skin with spots etc and I have indented and raised scars and blah blah but I can apply makeup pretty well, I get lots of comments about how gorgeous my skin is when really underneath my makeup it's a total mess. No one is absolutely and completely perfect but you can get damn well close to it.

Oh and I love the way you have to quote everyone when you talk back to them like this..

Maybe if you don't have anything nice to say you just shouldn't say anything at all.

No one blows anything out of proportion. To them, it's a big deal. To you, your skin may be a big deal but to people with even worse skin probably think you're just over reacting, it's not really for you to judge to be totally honest.

Also, sometimes I get pretty bad skin with spots etc and I have indented and raised scars and blah blah but I can apply makeup pretty well, I get lots of comments about how gorgeous my skin is when really underneath my makeup it's a total mess. No one is absolutely and completely perfect but you can get damn well close to it.

Oh and I love the way you have to quote everyone when you talk back to them like this..

The OP asked for comments which is what he got. He said nothing about only making nice comments and I do not think my comments where unpleasant - just honest. Of course anyone with milder acne than yours seems to be better off than you, but there does come a point when people are definately blowing things out of proportion. I have seen people come on and complain about having 4 zits which then disappeared in 3 days. If people like that wish to wallow in self pity, that's up to them, but as someone who actually does suffer from acne day in day out, its difficult to have any sympathy for those people at all. P.S. Of course I quote people when I am responding to them :rolleyes:

Duchess, Your post rang so true with me. I think the same way. Thanks for saying it. Maybe the folks who get very critical and judgemental in a non-constructive way are so hurt by their own situation that they lash out at others. Maybe they weren't raised the same way I was - that you go out of your way to make the other person as comfortable as you possibly can, especially if you have to say something as less favorable, then you go out of your way to the extreme to make them comfortable. It is the way I was raised.

I hope the guy who made the original post is doing okay.

-LM