Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thirty dollar bill

Apple Cider Vinegar

I started putting on ACV after I washed my face at night aboiut a week or so ago, maybe a little more.

Is it supposed ot make red marks way worse, give you new acne, and make your pores huge and dirty before it starts making things better?

I haven't had that reaction to it, is that what's happening to you?

If anything it dries out the area well, maybe too well.

You might want to try mixing it 50/50 with water.

I started putting on ACV after I washed my face at night aboiut a week or so ago, maybe a little more.

Is it supposed ot make red marks way worse, give you new acne, and make your pores huge and dirty before it starts making things better?

no, why is that what happned to you, never happned to me or anyone that is using it for that matter. The only thing it did was purge most ppl's pores most products do that like Benzoyl Peroxide, unless you skin is allerigc to it then you might break out.

If the acetic acid is dehydrating your skin ... any and all of those things could happen.

Dehydrated skin does not heal well, and is more prone to comedone formation.

ACV can cause breakouts in many people. Perhaps you should try something different like a glycolic acid lotion or peel which would be more effective at fading red marks.

I having been using the 50/50 soultion for few days and today i tried putting the pure ACV on my face. Now the skin around my lips is all burnt..I have brown skin and the skin around my lips look dark brown..I look like a chimp now..Thanx ACv

I having been using the 50/50 soultion for few days and today i tried putting the pure ACV on my face. Now the skin around my lips is all burnt..I have brown skin and the skin around my lips look dark brown..I look like a chimp now..Thanx ACv

ACV has a high concentration of acetic acid which does nothing for your red marks. You're basically putting acid on your face hence the burning of your skin. Hopefully it did not scar you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acetic_acid

"...Acetic acid is corrosive, and its vapour is irritating to eyes and nose, although it is a weak acid based on its ability to dissociate in aqueous solutions...Concentrated acetic acid is corrosive and must therefore be handled with appropriate care, since it can cause skin burns, permanent eye damage, and irritation to the mucous membranes. These burns or blisters may not appear until several hours after exposure"

Hi tap,

This is ma regimen

Morning

Wash with cetaphil face Wash

Then Apply ACV on red marks

AFter that i apply Clindamyscin gel

Then Neutrogena healthy lotion with alph hydroxy

Night

Acv

then Differin

Should i take ACV out?

Hi tap,

This is ma regimen

Morning

Night

Acv

then Differin

Should i take ACV out?

Looks like a nice regimen other than the ACV. I don't think you need it because you already are using an alpha hydroxy which will fade your red marks by itself. ACV may only do damage.

ACV has a high concentration of acetic acid which does nothing for your red marks. You're basically putting acid on your face hence the burning of your skin. Hopefully it did not scar you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acetic_acid

"...Acetic acid is corrosive, and its vapour is irritating to eyes and nose, although it is a weak acid based on its ability to dissociate in aqueous solutions...Concentrated acetic acid is corrosive and must therefore be handled with appropriate care, since it can cause skin burns, permanent eye damage, and irritation to the mucous membranes. These burns or blisters may not appear until several hours after exposure"

I'm not being funny, but ACV is safe enough to eat, so I'm sure its not gonna kill your face. I would say BP is worse and you are using that!

I said stick with the 50/50 solution for atleast a week. When I used full strength the only place tyhat burned was a corne on my nose it did turn red and hurt but it didn't lasty long at all and now my skin is totally use to it.

Hi tap,

This is ma regimen

Morning

Night

Acv

then Differin

Should i take ACV out?

Looks like a nice regimen other than the ACV. I don't think you need it because you already are using an alpha hydroxy which will fade your red marks by itself. ACV may only do damage.

i think if glycolic acid healed red marks as you sya it would then everyone would be using it. you don't seem to understand that for many manyu ppl it does absoultely nothing.

oh and a Tap according to the University of Arkansas ACV also has "While acetic acid is used to identify vinegar, past research has found that apple cider vinegar also contains some lactic, citric and malic acids." and you always rave about Lactic acid, so what you gunan say now, just use Glycolic. Imagine if they found Glycolic Acid in ACV lmao Tap would have no leg to stand on.

oh and a Tap according to the University of Arkansas ACV also has "While acetic acid is used to identify vinegar, past research has found that apple cider vinegar also contains some lactic, citric and malic acids." and you always rave about Lactic acid, so what you gunan say now, just use Glycolic. Imagine if they found Glycolic Acid in ACV lmao Tap would have no leg to stand on.

Smashing: it means absolutely nothing that these acids are present in ACV if they are not present in high enough concentrations to affect the skin topically. I believe that ACV contains only trace quantities of these substances, not enough to make any difference whatsoever. The only significant active ingredient is acetic acid.

Tap: while I wouldn't use it on my own face, I do not believe that ACV in a 50/50 solution is likely to do much damage. It is certainly cheap and easy to come by. I don't see why anyone should be discouraged from experimenting.

There is absolutely no reason to make this disagreement into a personal feud. There is also no need to contradict each other's posts in every thread. Show each other some basic courtesy, please.

tap = chefmate

I see no evidence that that is the case.

well, it looks better now than it did then.

Maybe I'm just acclimating.

Man, it looked like shit! You guys wouldn't even believe.

Ultimately, I'm gonna do it for like 2 weeks then give up on it, mostly because I took accutane for a couple months so my face would STOP looking like it was covered in chicken grease. ACV makes my skin dry, but still reflective, peculiarly enough.

There is absolutely no reason to make this disagreement into a personal feud. There is also no need to contradict each other's posts in every thread. Show each other some basic courtesy, please.

Well, I'm not chefmate and don't know who he is.

As for courtesy, yes I think smashing should show more courtesy. She left me pms a few days ago after I disagreed with her on ACV:

You really don't have a life do you?...You know jack shit about this method so shut the fuck up in my thread....You are making afool of yourself bc no1 cares about anything you have to say...Fucking grow up...Excuse me I have a right to cuss all I want considering you are an ignorant Jerk and no1 wants to put up with you

She's taking my disagreement with her way to personally. I have nothing against her and would ask the same courtesy as I would give to her in this discussion.

Well, I'm not chefmate and don't know who he is.

As for courtesy, yes I think smashing should show more courtesy. She left me pms a few days ago after I disagreed with her on ACV:

You really don't have a life do you?...You know jack shit about this method so shut the fuck up in my thread....You are making afool of yourself bc no1 cares about anything you have to say...Fucking grow up...Excuse me I have a right to cuss all I want considering you are an ignorant Jerk and no1 wants to put up with you

She's taking my disagreement with her way to personally. I have nothing against her and would ask the same courtesy as I would give to her in this discussion.

No, you don't disagree you just claim how unconventional methods of getting rid of skin problems is absolutely preposterous. I don't care if you disagree, but making up thread claiming ACV does soemthing which is doesn't because like you said "no scientific evidence" so where is your scientific evidence it does any of which you listed?