Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bo0rk

Cleanser mad break out o:

I used the csr cleanser last night and this morning, And i just looked at my skin, And i have about 50 small pimples/whiteheads all over my face :cry: .

Shoudl i stop using it?

Were you clear before you switched cleansers?

I want to understand what you are saying, you used this new cleanser twice, and suddenly have 50 more pimples than you did yesterday?

If that is right, then it sounds like you are maybe sensitive to something in the cleanser.

Are there any other factors involved? did you change/add anything else.

What did your skin look like yesterday before switching cleansers?

sounds like you may be sensitive to something boork. I highly doubt that many pimples would suddenly appear overnight. Sounds more like a local skin reaction, like a sensitivity/allergy type thing.

I had the same thing happen, only it took two weeks on the face products for my face to react that way. I called the company, and they told me it was the impurities in my skin coming out. That doesn't ring true to me, since my face was very good other than a few minor blemishes. Literally my whole forhead, hair line on the cheeks, my nose, and chin were covered in tiny bumps, like pimples, only not major ones, then the big ones started. I thought maybe allergic reaction? I am allergic to latex, bananas, avacado, kiwi, so who knows. I am trying to back off the stuff, combining the cleanser with the BP and that seems to be doing a pretty good job. In the morning my face is terrific. Just one big cyst that is trying to come out on my chin. I applied a hot washcloth to that last night and it seemed better this morning.

Does anyone think that there really are impurities in the skin and that you have to break out totally all over to supposedly clean out the pores? I am highly skeptical on that issue. Seems to me that it is more a problem adjusting to something in the product, or your face is just producing more oil. What do you think?

Well, in fact it takes up to 90 days or more for pimples or whiteheads to form so by the time they raise heads above the surface of your skin, they've already been under your skin for several weeks. So the cleanser probably made the job in bringing 'em out faster than if they'd been left to their own device sort of speak. So this immediate breakout could actually signal that the cleanser is working as adverties.

^ but there is nothing in this cleanser that is "active". It is just a basic gentle cleanser. It is not medicated to treat acne.

So this immediate breakout could actually signal that the cleanser is working as adverties.

It isn't advertised to do anything other than clean the surface of the skin.

It is highly unlikely that a reaction like that would happen from any cleanser, especially an unmedicated and pH neutral one like CSRcleanser. Our cleanser is super gentle and tried and true. It's like a cousin of baby shampoo in its gentleness. Try to think if there is anything else that you changed lately, or if there is any way that you irritated your skin about two weeks ago, as that's how long acne takes to form in many instances.

boork,

if your previous cleanser was medicated, perhaps this sudden breakout is a reaction from stopping the old cleanser, rather than a reaction from beginning the new cleanser.

I believe ACT bar is medicated, correct? Wasn't that what you were using before?

Actually reading up on the ingrediants of the CSR cleanser, i came across this about one of the ingrediants, Quaternium-15.

It can cause contact dermatitis, a symptom of an allergic reaction, especially in those with sensitive skin, on an infant's skin, or on sensitive areas such as the genitals.