Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jay01

whats best for brown marks

Hi everyone im new to this board and need a bit of help, after using BP along with drinking plenty of water and not at all picking or touching my face my acne is pretty much gone now but ive now got to tackle the brown marks on my face. As im indian does anyone know anything suitable for brown skin and good at fading brown marks. Thanks

P.S. I just read the thread about kojic acid and it seems very promising but i would still like to know if theres anything else out there to help me, just to be sure biggrin.gif

Hi Jay, sorry nobody responded to your question, but there have been several posts about this topic.

I tell people over and over that the best thing I have found to work on hyperpigmentation is the prescription strength hydroquinone cream.

But, it doesn't seem to be a popular method of treatment here on the board. Works for me though.

thanks a lot for the reply tg, whats hyperpigmentation? 8-[

is it just another word for brown marks left after spots

thanks a lot for the reply tg, whats hyperpigmentation?  8-[  

is it just another word for brown marks left after spots

TG - na i havent seen a derm yet. sounds stupid but i dont even know where to find a derm, where the hell are they located? are they like doctors and have their own surgery?

Tracy - thanks for that, i just read the thread and it seems very promising. im really thinking of getting it.

Guest Tracy

Jay,

I've been using the 15% mandelic serum in addition to a weekly lactic acid peel and then switched to the 10% serum because the pH in the 15% serum was just too strong/drying for my skin. Anyway, since using the 10% serum (one week) my hyperpig is fading so fast I almost want to cry!! Just wanted to let you know. This stuff WORKS!!

PS: use a good sunscreen tho, like TOTAL BLOCK CLEAR SPF 65 !!

lol im definitly buying it now with the way you are talking about it. im going to make a order tomorrow biggrin.gif i really hope it makes me want to cry too [-o<

I tried hydroquinone (sp?) but it made my skin all red and rough and funny...so I stopped as I was afraid of more hyperpigmentation..

Search on this forum and other forums for treatments

The only cure is time , i guess.

but here are some options :

1) see a derm / aesthetician and get some light peels done . that might help in speeding up the fading of brown marks

2) Madelic acid : ppl seem to rave abt it..but I am not trying it now as I am going for a smoothbeam treament

3) Whatever treatment you choose , always use a sunscreen ..otherwise the brown marks become darker !...its happened to me

4) Use Retin-A : 0.1 or 0.04 depending on your skin sensitivity...this will cause you skin to peel...and the new skin will be of lighter color..( i think )

5) This may sound disgusting but you may try it : urine therapy

all natural ,home made solution :-)

6) Vinegar and Lemon : applying vinegar on the skin helps is making the brown spots less visible...I noticed some improvment for me

-ep

ive never used a sunscreen on my face, is it that important? would a sunscreen break me out coz my acne is just clearing up and i do want to be cautious with anything i put on my skin for my acnes sake biggrin.gif

Guest Tracy

Jay,

If you have fair skin: TOTAL BLOCK CLEAR SPF65

If you have olive skin (yellow undertones): TOTAL BLOCK COTZ SPF 58

I know for a fact that these two WILL NOT break you out.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

ElPimp,

I was gonna ask you about your SB treatment. But you haven't done it yet..so good luck!! Take a deep breath before the treatment and relax (nose and some thinner skin area will sting...).

obi.