Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

cetaphil moisturizer  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Has cetaphil moisturizer worked for you?

• works great
    • have some problems with it
    • sucks, don't use it

I'm a 28 year old female and have been living with moderate to sometimes severe acne for exactly one year now. I have been through another bad spell of acne when I was around 18 and after a few months took accutane for about 6 months. My face has been relatively clear between in the years in-between although I've never had fantastic skin.

So last august I just started breaking out uncontrollably. Early on I tried salysic acid, sulfer, clay masks... Then I tried hiding away. Depression didn't help anything so I tried some acceptance and I'm still on that road.

In the last few months the doctors at the health clinic (can't pay a dermatologist) have put me on minocycline, Retin-A, strong doses of BP and Erythromycine. I've been trying to avoid Accutane with all its side effects and record with birth defects. :wall: I've been on Erythro. for almost a week and following the bp regimine for about 2 weeks or a little less. Before that I substituted Retin-A in place of the bp. It was a nightmare. My skin has never been so red and swollen.

Some have told me that acne can be a symptom of the body's inability to rid itself of toxins through the liver. So last month I started a liver cleans diet. I eliminated coffee, suger, wheat and other yeasted breads, dairy and soy from my diet. I do normally have very healthy eating habits but this was hard and I lost weight. At the same time I was taking multi-vitamins and potassium supplements. A while ago I was potassium deficient and read that acne may be a symptom.

I just stopped following the diet because I wasn't seeing any results and I'm increasingly convinced that my acne problem is hormone induced. SOooo last week I started taking an herbal tincture twice daily. The tincture is made from Chaste berry also called Monks Pepper. It's supposed to help females regulate hormones. see thread We'll see how well it works.

I've also tried a bit of acupuncture with no results but only gave it about a month. It wicked hurt my pocketbook as this whole experience has.

Today will be my first day trying the Apple cider vin. toner. (see http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=108428)

Cetaphil moisturizer makes my face burn and want to change to a better one. Anyone have advice on the best one to use?

This is my regimen these days:

morning

Chaste berry tincture

cetaphil cleanser

15 min.

bp

15 min

moisturizer (anything but cetaphil)

Erythromycine 50 mg

Afternoon

sometimes when I get home from work I'm desperate to wash my face. If so I:

cetaphil cleanser

15 min.

Apple cider vinegar toner (see http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=108428)

Night

Chaste berry tincture

cetaphil cleanser

15 min

Apple cider vinegar toner

15 min.

bp

15 min

moisturizer

Erythromycine 50 mg

OK it was a mistake to wash my face in the middle of the day. I'll take that right out of my regimen. Since the hot weather is over and I'm no longer using cetaphil moisturizer, I don't feel so oily anyway.

The ACV tonic has made the situation less oily too I think. I should do that only once per day for now though. The area around my jawline and I guess my jowles is really tight, dry and cracking.

Last night I tried using Aveeno oil free moisturizer (not the one with salicylic acid) and it wasn't painful at all!

But things are not looking better. I just go my period and so I shouldn't expect to be clear anyway.

Today a little girl asked me

"what's wrong with your face"?

That's the second time. If it happens again I think I'm gonna die. help :ninja:

I was so stunned that after a long silence I quickly replied "hormones" and left the room. I imagine she's confused.

:evil: owe owe owe. Things are looking a little better on the battlefront but not feeling any better. Skin is super dry and flakey. in the past few days I have noticed that there have been no new pimples. Then today I started to ovulate and boom, a breakout. Well it wasn't my most intense breakout. I'd say things are 50% better since I started with the CSR. And it's only my 2nd week, I think.

Huh I just took some pictures for the record and it all looks pretty bad. Maybe the situation is not as hopeful as I had though.

Anyway, I am dealing with something new that's troubling. Tell me if you know what I'm talking about here. The acne that is left on my face gives me the impression that it's not going anywhere anytime soon. The pimples no longer feel like normal pastules. They're hard, tough feeling bumps and are extremely sensitive. I feel pain shoot through the area and can sometimes feel my heart pound through them. :doh: It's all maddening.

Help help

The whole thing feels more and more humiliating. Everyday I go to work and see my co-workers who are young, pretty and so urban clean and blemish-free of course. I come home every day feeling like some diseased old lady. whoopeee

Where's the spell checker on this thing anyway?