Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello :). I've tried three moisturizers and none of it would take care my flakes. Will it be okay to use Forever Aloe Scrub with microspheres of jojoba to gently scrub it off? Also how long am I allow to massage with it? Will this irritate my skins? I've oily and sensitive skins, and I have only had 2 new pimples the last 8 days. I'd try AHA lotion or ACV, but it's still way too early now for the regimen. Thank you.

i personally would not use a scrub with the regimen because they are too irritating for my face, and cause more problems, but i guess you could just give it a try and see what happens, and if theres too much irritation just stop.

Guest Sincerely_Me

The second week, you should expect things like flakes, etc.

You could cut back on BP, and then gradually work up the the recommended dosage, and moisturize, drinks a lot of water, but as for scrubs...way too irritating. Especially this early in the game.

Yes, find another solution, for example a new moisturizer or maybe just use more of the one you are using now, but also note that flakes can be quite normal at the onset of the regimen.

I agree, no scrub. They are irritating and often create more acne.

Please list what products you are using so we can see if something is maybe causing you to be more dry than you should be. It also sounds like you need a much better moisturizer. Have you tried Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion? Dan feels it is the best at keeping flaking under control.

1) Noevir Foaming Cleanser

2) CSR Gel

3) Aveeno Ultra Calming SPF 15, Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer, Cetaphim Moisturizing Lotion.

It's not just the flakes, I'm also having a hard time eating lol. I can only take small bites due to the dryness when I open my mouth, and I just started having fever blisters (cold sore) too. I'm Currently using Abreva for fever blisters. I use about 4/5 of my index finger for CSR Gel.

2) CSR Gel

3) Aveeno Ultra Calming SPF 15, Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer, Cetaphim Moisturizing Lotion.

It's not just the flakes, I'm also having a hard time eating lol. I can only take small bites due to the dryness when I open my mouth, and I just started having fever blisters (cold sore) too. I'm Currently using Abreva for fever blisters. I use about 4/5 of my index finger for CSR Gel.

Maybe the Noevir are too drying for you - have you tried another ?

Or maybe you are washing your face for too long - how long do you do it ?

There must be a thing thats causing this extreme dryness and we need to find it :razz:

2) CSR Gel

Switching cleansers may help, but you may need to find a better moisturizer. Aveeno Ultra Calming might not be hydrating enough to take care of the dryness/flaking.

i was never completely clear until i started doing an aspirin mask 2x a week and scrubbing it off. it gets rid of red marks and pimples. the dry dead skin was building up and causeing a problem. less bp for me = clogged pores (bumps). maybe try a gentle one once and see what the results are.

I've a lot more of other moisturizers not listed and still experiencing. Most people seems to be recommending Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, so I'll use that one more often. I doubt it was the cleanser, but I'll try something else beside it for a few days. Thank you once again \o/.

instead of scrubing to get off flakes i use cosmedix pure enzymes exfoliating mask (wow that was long). It's a liquid you put on your face and it takes off the dead skin without scrubbing. I got mine at the Urban Retreat salon.... it originally something given to me after i got a peel. So i think it works well