Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
savinelli

cyst? on nose!! again

i have a cyst on my nose that reappeared after about 3 month os going down by itself. The last time I had it (I think ive had it several times over the past 3-4 years) it stayed for about 2 months and finally went away on its own. it was about the size of a button.

It came back about 2 days ago, and I've been putting bp on it but it hasnt really been doing anything.

Today I popped it witha pin and a bit of puss came out until it started to bleed and clear fluid came out. The puss that came out didnt seem like a heck of a lot though. I iced it and put bp on it so it would leak into it and heal it? i cant really tell if it still hurts, but its still red and slightly raised. I think there might be a mega one hiding under the skin still?

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow to get it looked at. I was thinking about getting a cortisone shot?

what do you think is the best bet

i have a cyst on my nose that reappeared after about 3 month os going down by itself. The last time I had it (I think ive had it several times over the past 3-4 years) it stayed for about 2 months and finally went away on its own. it was about the size of a button.

It came back about 2 days ago, and I've been putting bp on it but it hasnt really been doing anything.

Today I popped it witha pin and a bit of puss came out until it started to bleed and clear fluid came out. The puss that came out didnt seem like a heck of a lot though. I iced it and put bp on it so it would leak into it and heal it? i cant really tell if it still hurts, but its still red and slightly raised. I think there might be a mega one hiding under the skin still?

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow to get it looked at. I was thinking about getting a cortisone shot?

what do you think is the best bet

Let the derm look at it...they may be able to drain it more with the special tools they have....also, a cyst injection may help too...or perhaps going on a short course of antibiotics to get rid of it once and for all, since it sounds like it'll come, then go down, but never really fully go away....

good luck! let us know what happens...

see what the doc says, but i personally feel that cortizone injections are the greatest things ever invented.

see what the doc says, but i personally feel that cortizone injections are the greatest things ever invented.

I used to feel that way.....until I got one injected once and the area sunk in and stayed that way for over a month!!! :shock: it wasn't pretty....I still will utilize them if I feel desperate, but I try to talk to doc into draining it nowadays, which of course means that I often have to wait a while.....

uggg....I hate cysts..... :cry:

thanks for the replies.

it turns out that when i popped it, it stayed down and went away for now. It is a bit red right now but not inflamed, just healing. such a huge sigh of relief for me!! but i know it will come back one day in the near future and i have to be prepared for it? though i have no idea how to do that.

I usually place bp on my nose everyday, because for some reason that is a problem area for cysts. does bp even prevent cysts from occuring or just the regular nodules and papules and such?

anyways im just happy its gone for now, so i can go back to school in peace with myself.

about the cortisone injections.. Ive still never had one and I'ma ctually terrified because of all the things i hear about atrophy and such. I know most people dont experince this, but thats probably because they have a good derm who knows what they are doing. I dont really have access to a derm. I have to see a doc and they have to recommend me to one and that could take up to 2 months before i see a derm where i live.

anyways, i'll worry about it when it happens again.........

Don't quote me on this, and I don't know how well it works on cysts, but I spray my popped zits with antibacterial bactine immediately afterwards, and I have somewhere around a 9/10 success rate for them just turning into red marks and quickly fading, instead of risking the zit being huge the next day.

Of course, avoid popping when possible.

Try some zinc (30-60mg/day) and vitamin C (1-2g/day) to boost your body's immune system and healing rate. Also, zinc seems to act as a natural antibiotic. They have helped me reduce the number and severity of cysts by quite a bit. Also, try smothering them in BP. Not only will it reduce redness (anti-inflamatory), but it seems to make cysts go away quicker and quieter than without.

I wonder if the BP actually absorbs far enough into the skin to kill the bacteria in the cysts?

i am just like you! always get a cyst on mynose . Yuck! i dont think bp works for them, you need SA. once you feel it starting, you tape some sa on a cotton ball on the forming cyst. this will def take it down a lot! ive never tried icing my cyst, mainly b/c i dont have ice here (only frozen thing is meat in my minifridge) but im sure if you alternate between sa, then maybe ice it, then put bp to calm it, i think that would work wonders. i usually sa it then bp it (mainly just to give the cyst a break from the sa for awhile).

i had 2 large cyst on either side of my nose. a gd few years which left domed shaped lumps in my nose, so i suggest not messing about with cysts on ur nose too much.... does any1 no if anything can b injected .i.e cortisone into old lumpy scars left by cysts.???

okay, this sucks. I think m getting another one just above the old one.. like half an inch above it.

its doing the same thing.. i can see the pore and its all closed up looking and red around.. the redness isnt as big as t was on the last one, but it is still there.. and it isnt too raised.. but neither was the other one. I popped the other one before it got raised.. but i cant see anything to pop this time around so im not even going to attemp that.. i've been icing it at night and then washing my face with cetaphil and then applying bp.. doesnt seem to be doing anything.. though its only been about 2 nights so far.. i hope it jsut goes away without exploding or getting raised and inflamed.

whats wrong with my nose? it seems to be the only place where i get any threatening acne.. I rarely get smaller pimples on my cheeks, like once every two weeks or something, and then rarely some on my forehead or lip.. it is only m nose that does this... its te pores of my nose or something.. I try to unclog them when i wash my fac by sqeezing them out and exfoliating the dead skin..

is there anything that will work on my nose??