Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CEO

***HELP***USING KOJIC ACID WHILE ON ACCUTANE** PLEASE READ**

HI THERE FOLKS,

IV BEEN ON ACCUTANE B4 BUT UNFORTUNATELY THE HYPERPIGMENTATION MARKS R STILL THERE AFTER 2 YRS, AND NW MY ACNE IS BREAKIN OUT ALOT LATELY SO IM THIKIN OF DOIN THIS; ID LIKE UR OPINION AND VIEWS ON THIS;

USING KOJIC ACID OR ANYOTHER HERBAL LIGHTENER FOR BROWN MARKS WHILST ON ACCUTANE? IS THAT A GOOD IDEA?

I'm using kojic acid right now, but I'm only on CSR.. I'm not sure if its working or not. Are your marks dark? or are they red? By the way, they say that kojic acid is natural and its rare that people are allergic to it and it is very gentle, so it might be the best thing for you when attacking PIH.

frm what i can understand about red marks and brown marks is they are both Post Inflamed Hyperpigmentation and these appear red and brown depending on skin complexion. Brown marks appear on darker skins where as red marks appear on fairer skins.

I have used a lightener in the past like kojic acid, arbutin there r loads of lighteners out there with many so called natural alternatives to hydroquinon but i really havnt found much. reason why i am thinking of using kojic acid while on accutane is the accutane will make the skin much more thinner and more suceptable to absorbing more of the lightener like kojic acid.

the bad side is it might have adverse reactions and may give u more discolouration then i already hav now so its just something of a unknown.

I'm using kojic acid right now, but I'm only on CSR.. I'm not sure if its working or not. Are your marks dark? or are they red? By the way, they say that kojic acid is natural and its rare that people are allergic to it and it is very gentle, so it might be the best thing for you when attacking PIH.