Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I started Yasmin a little over a week ago and so far so good. I'm planning on staying on it for a year or two.. but of course I went internet crazy and had to look up every side effect on every message board I could find haha.

I did a little research about stopping the pill because I heard once you stop Yasmin, your face just EXPLODES with acne.

Tell me that doesn't happen to everybody :(

Would anyone care to share any personal experiences?

I stopped once (had to because of another medication) and I was fine. I had a little breakout, but it was nothing explosive or like the ones I had before I started. I'm back on now and I still love it.

I was on Alesse for a while which is a BCP that is also prescribed for acne. It helped quite a bit, I never cleared up completely but my skin was better. Then when I stopped taking it the acne came back gradually (not in one big explosion) but it did come back almost as bad as before. After a couple of months I went back on it, but my face never cleared up as well as it did before... it was like it didn't work anymore. My advice to you: if you are on it and it works, don't stop taking it just to see if your skin will stay clear without it... it may not work as well when you start taking it again.

Thank you all very much :D

I was more just terrified of the whole "explosion" of acne part. but I won't be too worried about it now. I talked to my mom and i'm planning on staying on it for years.

Thank you all very much :D

I was more just terrified of the whole "explosion" of acne part. but I won't be too worried about it now. I talked to my mom and i'm planning on staying on it for years.

Good plan. No reason to stop, eh? Birth control is your friend :D