Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I wanted to wear make up on the first day of school so I could have more confidence...But I was counting on the only store in town to sell make up. Guess what? It didn't. Now what can I do.

My only, last, desperate hope is my moms makeup. here's the problem: she only has "Line softening mousse foundation" and a tray of assorted colored powder ( I think its powder). It doesn't look good on my skin. It sorta stays powdery, like it's on dry skin or something. I tried mixing the foundation with mousterizer but it didn't do anything. Should I mix the powder instead?

Does anybody have any tips they could give me? I only have mousse foundation and powder. My skin is mostly red marks.

I'm really angry at myself for not checking Wal-Mart when I went last week. I assumed the local store would have it.

:wall::(:cry::doh:

Ok, firstly- dont be sad. Not wearing makeup isnt the end of the world ;)

If you're planning to wear your mums makeup, then I really do hope that she has the same skin colour match to you, otherwise you'll look even worse with it on. People will be able to notice... and that kinda defeats the main purpose of wearing makeup to cover red marks or whatever.

If you're only trying to cover a few redmarks, maybe all you need is a concealer. You dont need to cover your whole face with a mask ;)

I know you said that you cant get to the shops before school starts, but I would suggest that you either go to your local pharmacy/drug store and pick up some make up that matches your skin exactly (a good foundation would be maybelline everfresh or rimmels refresh foundation) & use that. If that's no can do, then on your first day... dont wear any makeup! :) No one will laugh at you or anything... you can always pick up the makeup another time.

Good luck with it anyway! :)

I know... :(

Thanks though.

Aww, dont be sad :comfort:

I mean, if the worse comes to worse, couldnt you mix the moose foundation with your moisturiser and only "spot" cover the red marks.. not your whole face? Try that.

omg please go buy prescriptives.

the oil free foundation is amazing and i swear it covers everything.

I have mostly red marks because dans bp gel has cleared me for the most part im so happy.

http://www.prescriptives.com/

buy that foundation, its good for ur skin, and its for oily/acne skin.

It heals your red marks, it actually healed mine.

:wub:

goodluck starting school

PLEASE DO NOT USE YOUR MOM'S MAKEUP!! you might break out from it. the safest bet is to start with mineral makeup. Buy the 5 pc. starter kit from joppaminerals.com .... its the cheapest one compared to BE and EM. Also, its pretty good. it comes with everything you need. and remember a little goes a long way. If you apply your makeup right, you will look like u have glowing skin! im a macaholic makeup addict. PM me if you need advice. good luck.

dont be sad. if it helps you, my school didnt allow makeup at all lol...

You can buy makeup later, But make sure to buy one that comes the closest to your skin tone. Then you'll receive compliments from your friends. :P

Hey! Don't be sad. I'm sure you look better without makeup than you think you do. Skip the foundation. Try to concentrate on making your other features look great!!! Like, experiment with light eyeshadow colors and mascara (eyeliner would probably look too heavy for daytime). You could curl your eyelashes to make them look longer. Wear a pretty lipcolor and/or lipgloss. Spend lots of time styling your hair into its best possible shape. Put on your best outfit (the one that makes you feel most attractive). And you will be stunning :)

Have a great first day of school, evan.

p.s. I doubt you'll have much luck spot-covering red marks with a mousse makeup. It's probably better for evening out skin tones all over the face----for a person with the right skin tone. Unless you have the right shade, I'd leave it alone.

Hey! Don't be sad. I'm sure you look better without makeup than you think you do. Skip the foundation. Try to concentrate on making your other features look great!!! Like, experiment with light eyeshadow colors and mascara (eyeliner would probably look too heavy for daytime). You could curl your eyelashes to make them look longer. Wear a pretty lipcolor and/or lipgloss. Spend lots of time styling your hair into its best possible shape. Put on your best outfit (the one that makes you feel most attractive). And you will be stunning :)

Have a great first day of school, evan.

p.s. I doubt you'll have much luck spot-covering red marks with a mousse makeup. It's probably better for evening out skin tones all over the face----for a person with the right skin tone. Unless you have the right shade, I'd leave it alone.

I'm not a girl :lol: I probaby shold've mentioned that.

Thanks though!

Oh geez...I'm sorry. I should not have assumed you were a girl!

Well, you can still take great pains to style your hair and wear your favorite outfit, Evan. It's like they say, "You look as good as you feel!"

Take care.