Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

im 16 years old and about 2 months ago acne started breaking out on my chin. Im pretty sure it started only on my chin because for 6 months during football season i was wearing a sweaty chinstrap 4 times a week. I had a minor breakout with come pimples on my cheek not long ago. Within 4 days of using Spectro BP 5% it cleared up perfectly. My chin consists of one larger red thing thats reddish purple, and the rest of my chin is covered in red marks. I dont know what i should do. this is very embarassing

Your acne doesnt sound too bad, sounds hormonal to me. Try getting a good face wash with salicylic acid in it. wash two times a day (no more) and exfoliate once or twice a week with a gentle exfoliating wash. That may do the trick. If not, you could always try some over-the-counter treatments (check the Neutrogena aisle) and see if anything helps. If your acne still persists, go see a dermatologist. They will prescribe you to a medication that should do the trick.

is there any specific product that will get rid of these red marks all over my chin? any help is appreciated

is there any specific product that will get rid of these red marks all over my chin? any help is appreciated

The first person to reply gave you suggestions on what to try:

"Try getting a good face wash with salicylic acid in it. wash two times a day (no more) and exfoliate once or twice a week with a gentle exfoliating wash. That may do the trick."

You should go to www.acne.org and read about acne (under the "Learn About it" section). Acne is cause by bacteria and keeping your skin clean and moisturized is what you want. However, sometimes thats not enough (true for majority of people here). Benzoyl Peroxide is supposed to kill the acne's that cause acne :P

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% is what you want. Its found in Dan's Clear Skin Regimen here on the site and if you looking instore for it, Neutrogena On The Spot contans Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5%.

Since BP dries the skin (which is why you use 2.5%, you get the fighting power without as much drying) and causes your body to produce more oil (and other shit, sorry im not great with everything it produces) you should try natural ways of curing it before resorting to Antibacterial medications.

http://www.acne.org/video.html

The above link is to Dan's Clear Skin Regimen. Im currently on that right now. I was on it before, but stopped becaues im cheap and now im starting it again. I was 100% clear with the CSR(Clear Skin Regimen) though.

Just watch the videos and do as he says ;)

And incase you didnt already know, there is no cure for acne, just continued treatments.

The products im using for the regimen are:

Cleanser: Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar

Benzoyl Peroxide: Neutrogena On The Spot

Moisturizer: Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

Hopes this helps,

Josh