Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whittle1

IMPORTANT!

Hiya again guys/gals. Not been on this forum for a while, but i found something that might interest you.

Tomorrow evening (Wednesday 30th August) there is a programme on BBC Three at 9:00 p.m. investigating Body Dismorphic Disorder (or BDD). This of course only applies to the members from the U.K.

Basically, the programme investigates bdd and in at least one case, talks about one young lady who is really attractive, but thinks she looks as ugly as sin because of the acne scars on her face. This should be really interesting, for bdd and non-bdd sufferers. Check it out!

Hiya again guys/gals. Not been on this forum for a while, but i found something that might interest you.

Tomorrow evening (Wednesday 30th August) there is a programme on BBC Three at 9:00 p.m. investigating Body Dismorphic Disorder (or BDD). This of course only applies to the members from the U.K.

Basically, the programme investigates bdd and in at least one case, talks about one young lady who is really attractive, but thinks she looks as ugly as sin because of the acne scars on her face. This should be really interesting, for bdd and non-bdd sufferers. Check it out!

Hi whittle1. I would really like to see this but live in oz. can you pls tell me the name of the doco or the name of the production company?

Hi whittle1. I would really like to see this but live in oz. can you pls tell me the name of the doco or the name of the production company?

Well, the production company are the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation) and it is on the channel BBC Three.

This is very interesting, actually. I often wonder if the scars I see on my face as being horribly ugly are actually as bad as I make them out to be. No one has ever made a comment on my scarring, and if I ever bring it to anyone's attention, they usually look at my face very closely and then say "Oh, I didn't even notice." In my mind, though, my scars are horrible, and I automatically assume that the first thing people notice about me is my scarring. I also have some esteem issues with other aspects of my life and one might conclude that I suffer from some form of dysmorphia. I certainly hope that someone records this show and uploads it to Utube for us. I'd be greatly appreciative.

most all of us have to worry about real acne scars on here. BDD is really bad and most people that have it do not hold down a joba nd are looking in the mirror almost constantly. They are also usually atractive and view themselves as monsters for no reason.

We have scars and those are real problems. THis topic is discussed on here quite a lot and I would have to say it is BS. Unless u have perfect skin or damn near perfect and u are totally obsessed with tyour skin then u have it. If u have acne scars that are bothering u then they are real and not in your head.

I would say that I thought animegirl on here really had BDD.

What happened to Anime girl??

She had tons of punch floats and 6 dermabrasions done on her face. I never saw her before like dermabrasion 3, but didnt think that even looked like anything to sand your face off for.

I think she realized she had really pretty skin and got over obsessing. I know she had like 2 scars floated that were waaaaaaaaay too tiny for anyone to ever worry about, and was talking of another dermabrasion which I think Dr. Y talked her out of the last I saw her.