Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest HKS

Interesting

Hey thanks for the info I'm going to try the 5 day water fast starting now, hope it helps! I used to always go on water to stay thin but I never noticied a diff. in my scars. I'd fast 1or 2x's a week for atleast 24hrs. the longest amount of time being 2 and a half days. If I notice a difference in my scars I'll let u know. :D

Guest HKS

Hey optimistic, I found it really interesting to find a holistic approach! wish you the best of luck and keep us all updated!!!

I def will, just hope I can sleep b/c fasting gives u insomnia but I'm def going to stick w/ it, well here goes nothing or hopefully something?!? At least this will b the cheapest method I've ever tried to get rid of my scars.

so what do you do for the 5 days? you just drink water the whole time? and eat nothing. because i just posted a thread about these bumps i had for a few years and water fasting might make it go awya.

I don't think scars is the prime target when you water fast but rather fat cells stored in your body. Tried that but my ice pick scar and others never went away except ofcourse if it's inside your body.

More than likely you will just break out when you go thru a bad detox. Sounds kind of dumb to me I don't think your body will eat your scar tissue, that is not beneficial like fat :doubt: Maybe the msm works well though.

Guest HKS

Serpent - how long did you carry out the water fast for?

i started mine 2:30 yesterday.....4 hours later i got hungry, ate to meals of spegetti and half a sandwich from olive garden. that was my last meal. hopefully i can make it through the 3 days without eating. because thats the hard part. after that you have no desire to eat food.

i started mine 2:30 yesterday.....4 hours later i got hungry, ate to meals of spegetti and half a sandwich from olive garden. that was my last meal. hopefully i can make it through the 3 days without eating. because thats the hard part. after that you have no desire to eat food.

How do you water fast when just about any type of food you eat and any beverage you drink has some amount of water in it? :wall:

Guest HKS

Is there any particular way to start it, i.e only eat fruits the day before?

yea only eat fruits..for a few days then start all water.....but i started mine off the bat cuz im healthy...in 4 minutes its official i only been on nuthing but water for 24 hours!

yea only eat fruits..for a few days then start all water.....but i started mine off the bat cuz im healthy...in 4 minutes its official i only been on nuthing but water for 24 hours!

I broke down and had BK today yummy! That was at 1:00 but I'm not going to eat for the next 5 days from this point on. It's not a big deal I know I can do it fasting is a challenge but I've become used to it.

I started with quaker oatmeal plus drinking lots of water before I could go on water alone for days. I went from 55kg to 50kg in just 5 days plus I couldn't think straight so I decided to quit it. No inprovement for scar though.

If it was only that easy the kitchen isn't my problem I don't live to eat I eat to live my fam was eating BK though and that's my only weakness. Did you have any touble sleeping last night that's the only thing that gets me when I fast.

nope. maybe tonite...for some reason i feel i have more energy already.

dammit...i just found out mcdonalds has a 1 dollar chicken wrap.

dammit...i just found out mcdonalds has a 1 dollar chicken wrap. :lol: :lol:

I'm gonna have to try that after this fasting shit!

Hey, interesting topic!

After reading, I couldn't help but research a little - I found the following, and it only mentions good things (sorry to hijack this thread).

http://drbenkim.com/fasting.html

http://www.freedomyou.com/fasting_book/water%20fasting.htm

http://www.rawfoodexplained.com/when-to-employ-fasting/

I'm gonna give it a try. I might be optimistic (for healthier skin at least). Why not - I've got nothing to lose :)

I might try the combination water fasting/juice fasting however, since I'm fairly active.

Thanks for the link.

Edit: None of the articles however explain how much water/juice intake you need each day (unless I've skipped it). Is it the regular 8/9 glasses or whatever, does anyone know?

hey optimistic...im trying for the 10 day mark maybe even more....i woke up this morning feeling horrible..so i had to eat a bannana, hope that didnt mess things up though. rite now im a little bit over the 2 day mark.

hey optimistic...im trying for the 10 day mark maybe even more....i woke up this morning feeling horrible..so i had to eat a bannana, hope that didnt mess things up though. rite now im a little bit over the 2 day mark.

Wow! I don't think I could go w/ out food for 10 days 5 days is going to b difficult but I know I'll b able to do it. Why r u trying to go 10 days? Is this supposed to be more beneficial?