Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

more and more lately, i wonder wether the plethora of topicals i've been using are more the cause of my acne opposed to curing it. it just seems the more topicals i use, the worse things get. i see all the different changes in my skin with each new product i use, and they are all negative changes. i've gone from perfectly clear skin at 22 years old, to mostly clear skin with just a few small blemishes (which is when i started with the topicals/cleansers), to very oily skin with tons of blemishes and red marks. i didnt have oily skin until i started experimenting more with topicals. i'd also like to note that my back started breaking out when i was using a salicylic acid body wash, and when i stopped using it, the breakouts stopped. also, the only part of my face that breaks out is my forehead, which happens to be the only area of my face that i wash and slather crap onto. anyone else think that all this bp/salicylic/glycolic garbage is more harm than good?

All you can do is stop using the topicals and see if that helps you go back to your 'mostly clear skin' stage. Personally, if I were to drop my topicals (duac and differin) I know that my skin would get worse very quickly