Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been seeing a few threads with people talking about B5 affecting your brain, mostly memory isssues... this is really scaring me, anyone have any input on this? I have been taking 10g a day for 23 days now but am also taking a b-complex... I will NOT drop the b-complex because of other side effects... if it doesnt work then it doesnt work I guess... but I just wont drop it... too scared.

I have been seeing a few threads with people talking about B5 affecting your brain, mostly memory isssues... this is really scaring me, anyone have any input on this? I have been taking 10g a day for 23 days now but am also taking a b-complex... I will NOT drop the b-complex because of other side effects... if it doesnt work then it doesnt work I guess... but I just wont drop it... too scared.

Don't listen to everything you read, and don't be scared. B5 is a godsend and it will help your acne go away. Don't drop the complex, it will help.

If we listened to everything everyone said about particular products, none of us would ever use anything!

Don't listen to everything you read, and don't be scared. B5 is a godsend and it will help your acne go away. Don't drop the complex, it will help.

If we listened to everything everyone said about particular products, none of us would ever use anything!

Vikster you are one of the B5 users who have really inspired me to use it because you look so amazing after using it!!! :):):) I just get scared and paranoid about what I am putting into my body. I'v been on B5 for 23 days now, havent seen a huge improvement, I am really hoping to get rid of my jaw line acne. It's so persisant and annoying, there is always one roaring and ready to pop up, they are under my skin in little white bumpies that form clusters of pimples when they errupt. I have a feeling this is hormonal, but dont know what else to do for hormal acne besides being on the pill, which I am on, and taking certain vitamins and oils that help with hormones, which I am taking evening primerose and broccoli pills. Anyway thanks for the response...

There are aways going to be naysayers, ...people who try B5 and dont want it to work, ...people who try to scare the crap out of others from taking it. I wouldnt get all worked up about it.

Vikster you are one of the B5 users who have really inspired me to use it because you look so amazing after using it!!! :):):) I just get scared and paranoid about what I am putting into my body. I'v been on B5 for 23 days now, havent seen a huge improvement, I am really hoping to get rid of my jaw line acne. It's so persisant and annoying, there is always one roaring and ready to pop up, they are under my skin in little white bumpies that form clusters of pimples when they errupt. I have a feeling this is hormonal, but dont know what else to do for hormal acne besides being on the pill, which I am on, and taking certain vitamins and oils that help with hormones, which I am taking evening primerose and broccoli pills. Anyway thanks for the response...

23 days is just the beginning for you. You must have faith and persevere with this product.

Evening primrose oil is great to take with B5, I also take it with my B5.

See how you go with B5. Remember, it can take up to 4 months before you start clearing.

And thank you for your compliment :D I am glad it inspired you, I hope that you will be posting your post-B5 pictures when it clears you up so you can inspire others too! :D

I've taken so much b5 its crazy but since i started it my cyst production went down 80%. My face is just more dry but its not bad.

So I've been reading a lot of posts about B5 dosage and side-effects and benefits and blah, blah, blah. People really need to sit down and try to understand that THERE HAS ONLY BEEN ONE STUDY DONE WITH PANTOTHENIC ACID, done back in 1997, using a GRAND TOTAL OF 100 ASIAN SUBJECTS. Please note that this study was NOT a double-blind placebo study, and therefore CANNOT conclusively say whether B5 helps acne or not.

And on the other hand THERE HAVE ALSO NOT BEEN ANY SAFETY STUDIES DONE ON B5 AT THE DOSAGES RECOMMENDED BY LEUNG'S STUDY. I think you all are playing with fire, here.

Just try and know the facts before you jump into something like this...please.

i think acne.org has been a larger test group.. I think more than 100 people have cleared up right here.. I have heard from many other sources of this working besides acne.org .. I appreciate your concern, but you may be depriving people the opportunity to get clear with this method by suggesting this information.

i thook b5 for a week, i could take it anymore, it gave me headaches, stomach pains, had to pee all the time

that's a pretty short trial period. no one has ever reported those symptoms as i've heard.

haha yeah. how do you know you werent just having some random headaches? ive had headaches like 3 days in a row before

sounds like you were quick to jump to a conclusion that b5 was your problem

I've been taking 10 grams for a couple weeks now and I haven't noticed any memory loss or side effects. Maybe you guys aren't eating healthy enough...

Also, I'm not taking any B-complex either. Just B5.

Personally, I think the B5 crowd is clear of acne, but they are going out on a limb for some (relatively speaking, there are worse things) trivial skin problems. Knowing the possible complications that can arise from this, the reports of various side effects, and the complete lack of evidence or, well, information period, should keep people away from B5. Acne.org is not a reliable source for health and safety information.

Do what you want. Just don't fool others into thinking there's science behind it, or that it's a cure.

So I've been reading a lot of posts about B5 dosage and side-effects and benefits and blah, blah, blah. People really need to sit down and try to understand that THERE HAS ONLY BEEN ONE STUDY DONE WITH PANTOTHENIC ACID, done back in 1997, using a GRAND TOTAL OF 100 ASIAN SUBJECTS. Please note that this study was NOT a double-blind placebo study, and therefore CANNOT conclusively say whether B5 helps acne or not.

And on the other hand THERE HAVE ALSO NOT BEEN ANY SAFETY STUDIES DONE ON B5 AT THE DOSAGES RECOMMENDED BY LEUNG'S STUDY. I think you all are playing with fire, here.

Just try and know the facts before you jump into something like this...please.

I understand what you are trying to say. But take a look at this website. The CSR is made up of BP gel. BP has be shown to increase the ageing process of the skin and has been linked to skin cancer. But everyone still uses it.

It doesn't matter what evidence there is, chances are, if it clears acne, people will use it.

There are risks with everything, and the evidence that B5 clears acne is enough for me to keep using it.

i thook b5 for a week, i could take it anymore, it gave me headaches, stomach pains, had to pee all the time

that's a pretty short trial period. no one has ever reported those symptoms as i've heard.

I think some people start B5 with the expectations of side effects after all they have read, and so convince themselves the slightest headache is caused by it. They notice every slight pain or abnormality and convince themselves it is a side effect, which it probably isn't. Their loss I guess.

Personally, I think the B5 crowd is clear of acne, but they are going out on a limb for some (relatively speaking, there are worse things) trivial skin problems. Knowing the possible complications that can arise from this, the reports of various side effects, and the complete lack of evidence or, well, information period, should keep people away from B5. Acne.org is not a reliable source for health and safety information.

Do what you want. Just don't fool others into thinking there's science behind it, or that it's a cure.

I kind of agree with you. People should make their own minds up, I never try to base my experiences on scientific evidence that doesn't even exist.

I don't pretend it is a cure, but I do promote B5 as it has done wonders for me. I never force it on people, I just advise them if they feel they want to try it.

I'm thinking about stopping Vitamin B5 as when I started taking it, I began having major sleep problems, brain fog & headaches, irratibility, & blurry vision. It's really working so well for my face though!

I've only gotten a few bumps in the past 2 weeks of using it.

But I just can't take the way it makes my head feel. I'm not trying to scare people away from it, but that's just whats been happening.

Has anyone else experienced this? Did it go away after awhile?

Never had a bad after-effect from B5. Only problem for me was that it takes 6 wks or more for it to take effect. Then the benefit only last a couple of months. But when it works, it works great.

Just my 2 cents.

Which other threads talked about memory issues with B5? You mean that "weird dreams" thread? Can you link me to the thread that you're talking about?

I take Pantethine 300mg / three times a day. It works perfectly for me, some days I only take 2 300mg pills and I don't notice a difference. I've been on these for about 3 months now.

Im having problems with blurry vision too, pretty damn sure actually, only day 2 though so we'll see how I go,

Also I got the stuff from holland & barrets and its time released so I dont know if thats a problem?

Im having problems with blurry vision too, pretty damn sure actually, only day 2 though so we'll see how I go,

Also I got the stuff from holland & barrets and its time released so I dont know if thats a problem?

I think the blurry vision could be caused by dryness.

Which other threads talked about memory issues with B5? You mean that "weird dreams" thread? Can you link me to the thread that you're talking about?

I take Pantethine 300mg / three times a day. It works perfectly for me, some days I only take 2 300mg pills and I don't notice a difference. I've been on these for about 3 months now.

Hey StevenN I cant find the thread now!! haha sorry, but there was one about B5 affecting memory loss... one girl had a whole personal regimen log on taking B5, she said one of the side effects was that she kept forgetting things easily. I naturally have a bad short to term memory though lol, so I havent noticed anythign different. Where do you get Pantethine from? And why do you take so much less than B5? I am interested in this :)

I take 300 mg of Pantethine, 3 times a day, so 900mg total. It works the same as megadosing on B5. And it's safer, you don't have to take so many B5 pills. I heard that you can get calcium buildup in your kidney if you take B5 megadose for a long time. It's dangerous. A person had to get a painful kidney stone removed because of the calcium buildup from megadosing on B5.

Pantethine is safer and works the same. It is the active ingredient in Vitamin B5. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me and I'll respond in this thread.

i think acne.org has been a larger test group.. I think more than 100 people have cleared up right here.. I have heard from many other sources of this working besides acne.org .. I appreciate your concern, but you may be depriving people the opportunity to get clear with this method by suggesting this information.

So the issue with this is that everyone's doing different things with their B5 dosages, etc... My point is, it's not a controlled study.

Look, my only issue with this is that B5 is an endogenous metabolite in our systems. BP is not. While I agree with Vikster that BP has its side-effects too (especially in those who are allergic), B5-related side effects have the potential to be much more severe and far-reaching. Think about it: we maintain B5 levels endogenously for a reason...and changing them isn't always a good thing. This would be akin to taking obscene quantities of serotonin (were this possible) and assuming it's safe.

Alright, so let's say for the sake of argument then, that it is safe, just like taking high dosages of any other vitamin. The problem here is, all that extra B10, B12, A or whatever vitamin you're taking is water soluble. You take 10mg b12 or whatever, and about 4 hours later you've excreted about 9.99 mg by urination. b5 is no different.

Sorry for the rant. Just, please be careful? And if you start getting headaches/insomnia...please think think of your health..stop using so much B5.

Read my other post in my theory about it

A GUY I KNOW DID HAVE THIS PROBLEM LOL! HE CANT REMEMBER ANYTHING NEW ITS HILARIOUS

but pathetic at the same time :I

And no, I am just an outsider from the accutane forums come here to tell all of you that you could too lose your memory... i wouldnt fek with vit b after seeing what it does lol

A homeopatic Dr. told me even with a B-Complex, anything over 250 mg. will wipe out all other B vitamins out of your body. She recommended Silica, for hair, nails and skin.????????