Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
schoolboy

Starting CSR - Help me

Hey u all,

im going to give the CSR a go and need some help. Going to try get hold of the cleanser and bp from this site but since i dont live in the states nor anywere nearby its not 100% that i will get it. But what the heck, ill try and see if i can get it, otherwise my wallet will be 70 bucks lighter, i guess i can live with that.

The thing is that i dont know which moisturize i should buy and most of the ones you suggest aint possible for me to get hold of. (if i dont order from like the states).

The ones im capable of getting hold of is the Eucerin 5% UREA and Neutrogena healthy skin lotion. I would like one with SPF and from what ive heard, the Eucerin do not contain it and i read that you shouldnt really use Neutrogena in the beginning of the regim since it will burn or something.

Please help me, what moisturizer should i get?

Hi schoolboy,

and welcome!

I"m guessing you must be in the UK??

You are right, the Eucerin product does not have spf, but many people from the UK area do love it and use it successfully with the CSR. And you are also right about Neutrogena Healthy Skin being too strong to use in the beginning.

Are you exposed to the sun alot? You can consider using a separate sunscreen over the Eucerin moisturizer for daytime use. Then just use it alone (no sunscreen) at night.

The Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion (a good starter moisturizer) can be bought at www.amazon.com they ship to Europe.

gosh, talk about active forum. AWESOME! :)

Brandy, your guess is wrong. The correct answer should be Sweden, better luck next time. ;)

I got some bad experiences with "regular" sunscreens since most just tends to clog my pores. (They often contain bad ingredients)

Guess i could live without SPF for a while before starting to use the Neutrogena healthy skin face lotion.

The amazon site gives me free shipping when buying for $25 or more.

Is this the lotion? Cetaphil moisturizer?

I still need to spend $8 more to get my free shipping, any suggestions?

ah, Sweden it is then.

Yes, that is the correct Cetaphil moisturizer. If you don't get much sun, that one will be fine alone. Then if you decide to switch to NHSFL at a later date, it will have spf.

Thank you for the quick respond.

I dont get much sun, but im more afraid of the reflections from the computer. My head tells me that might be the reason for my acne, and i would like to prevent it by using SPF. Due to studies im using the computer like 5-6 hours/day.

IPB Image

Ummm have they changed the label lately ?

schoolboy be aware of customs and VAT when you import. When I order the Cetaphil from Amazon I only order one piece since the total will be under 12USD which mean I dont have to pay any custem or VAT whem importing to Denmark...I know the shipping can be expensive but custom, VAT and fees(!) can be much bigger than the shippingcost...I dont know about how this is in Sweden but I think you should tjeck it out.

oh damn :( it turns out i cant order from amazon cause they dont, for some strange reason, ship to my adress. Can i get hold of it from somewhere else? I get a big bottle of Cetaphil for the same price as a small Eucerin (well.. almost) so that sounds like a better deal to me.

schoolboy, where in sweden have you found neutrogena healthy skin lotion ? The pharmacys only sells the visibly-clear series.. or are you buying from tradera or ebay? Cause i've been looking for it like crazy but just can't find it, so i'll order it from tradera later today otherwise..

edit : oh and you will most likely get your products, atleast I and a couple other swedes has got them.

NP man, glad to help. :)

BTW you DO get your products (I was kind of doubtful at the beginning since this is the lowest shipping anywhere, but I ordered the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer sunblock and got it quite quickly)

awww, you guys are so helpful!

I am so grateful there are plenty of people NOT from the US who can help each other out!! yay!!

Jonaas, i dont think you can find it anywere but tradera/ebay. I'll order it from tradera once i get on with the regime.

And thank you proxy for the link, im sure it will not only help me but others who are looking for the cetaphil moisturizer. Thanks alot!

cheers

Jonaas, good call.

Anyway, just ordered 1 cleanser and 4 gels, yaay. Only thing remaining now is the moisturizer. Think i'll order the Cetaphil but will give it some thoughts. Maybe aint the right section but what the heck, how long do you think the cetaphil will last? 3 months?

Maybe aint the right section but what the heck, how long do you think the cetaphil will last? 3 months?

8oz or 16oz ?

16oz

Uhmmm a looong time, maybe more than 3 months. The 16oz is so huge and one dont have to use much of it. :cool: