Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lovelyrose

How much does it cost to see a derm?

How much does it cost to see a derm? I've tried everything and the acne doesn't stop from coming. Thinking of seeing a derm. I have pretty good health insurance. I pay about $15 to see my regular physician each time. So how much would it cost to see a derm?

How much does it cost to see a derm? I've tried everything and the acne doesn't stop from coming. Thinking of seeing a derm. I have pretty good health insurance. I pay about $15 to see my regular physician each time. So how much would it cost to see a derm?

Sometimes you need a referral from your regular MD. Beyond that, you might pay a little more copay for the visits. Worse comes to worse, and you're not covered, call your derm and ask them what they would charge for a 'cash patient'. Also, your primary MD should be able to give you just about any Rx that a derm would. Might get a little tricky if you get into wanting Accutane... With all the great info you can now get online, as well as here, just about anyone can figure out what it is they need. Then you just need an MD who is good about taking 'marching orders' from his patients. I have one and he's an absolute DOLL about it; no "I'm the MD" ego at all. You [or a parent] just have to know what you're talking about when you present your case for this med or that. Good luck!

If you have health insurance it would probably cost you around $10-$20, it should be covered.