Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
anna90210

help i feel like giving up and crawling into a hole!!!!

help i need help it seems as tho ive tried everything to help clear up my acne!! it clears it up then my skin gets really oily and then it comes back ugh i hate acne !!!! help im so depressed by this whole thing!!!!!!

help :wacko:

well yes im on the regimen but i kinda changed it a lil bit cus my face is really oily i use the neutrogena acne wash with salicylic acid in it and then but on Bp

In my experience, that Neutrogena oil-free Acne Wash is very very drying, it really strips the skin.

Did you do the Regimen originally as described? With a gentle unmedicated cleanser, bp, and oil-free moisture?

How did that go?

yeah i did the CSR thing how it says its supose to be done and it worked great untill my face got really oily and so i switched to the netrougena stuff

Guest nec77

apply apple cider vinegar to your face 1x a day after you cleanse. that helps with oil. dont do it any more then that untill you see how your skin reacts. because some people have gotten whiteheads with it. i dont know if thats because it helps the pimples come to surface faster, but anyways it helps with oily skin.

yeah i did the CSR thing how it says its supose to be done and it worked great untill my face got really oily and so i switched to the netrougena stuff

Hi. I too am plagued with VERY oily skin. How much water are you drinking daily? Shoot for a Gallon, but atleast 4-6 glasses. That helps control the oil a little, other than that I just keep some clean tissue with me.

I wouldnt use the Salicylic Cleanser in conjunction with BP. It irritated the hell out of my skin. What I've found out to help was using a gentle NON-MEDICATED cleanser, 2.5% BP and a good moisturizer.(In other words, follow Dan's regimen) Hang in there, the storm will be over soon.

I agree to use a gentle, non-medicated cleanser. I've found that the harsher the cleanser I use, the oilier my skin got. And my skin is pretty dry to begin with, I think because of the Accutane I was on many years ago.

Cam >B)

Try the CSR but don't use that much moisturizer and maybe none. You then won't be as oily afterwards.

well yes im on the regimen but i kinda changed it a lil bit cus my face is really oily i use the neutrogena acne wash with salicylic acid in it and then but on Bp

as far as i know, using salicylic acid and BP in the same regimen is a bad idea. It can be too irritating, and too damaging to the skin.

Yeah, just like Tap said try not using moisturizer at night. It worked pretty good for me cuz I'd wake up without a shiney face.

don't give up!!!

yeah drink more water . anyway salycylic acid is bad to use with the regimen or anything with active ingredients for that matter. maybe you'd want to consider using a gentle cleanser, Bp and a suitable moisturizer?

all the best!