Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nick_04

Nick's Roaccutane Log

So...I finally have Roaccutane!

I started getting acne when I was about 13, i'm 17 now. I've tried literally everything...3 types of antibiotics (Minocycline, Oxytetracycline and Erythromycin) creams, washes, homeopathy, and none of it worked! So I really do feel like Roaccutane is my last option..let's hope it works! Just wanna get rid of this shit was has been such a pain for too many years now :(

So I got prescribed Roaccutane today (am in UK). I'm starting on 60mg per day for first 6 weeks...taking 3 20mg tablets each morning. Not sure if this is a high does or..am kinda nurvous, sure you guys can help me out though :)

So here are some pics of what my acne generally looks like (not the best quality sorry :razz: )

Picture164.jpg

Picture165.jpg

I'll update this everyday from tomorrow and try and post some more up to date pics!

Hope you guys can help me along, as I feel pretty nurvous :shifty:

Nick

Edited by nick_04

Hey Nick!!

Just thought I'd drop in and wish you luck! Are you only taking Accutane for 6 weeks? or did u just mean that u're taking 60 mg for 6 weeks and then upping that? Let me know if you have any questions... I'm about 5 weeks in, and would love to help! The first few weeks can be stressful (I had a rough 1st week.. and then a good 4 weeks. However, I'm breaking out again!! :( ) But oh well.. before we know it, we'll be done with this!!!

Take care~!

Hey Nick!!

Just thought I'd drop in and wish you luck! Are you only taking Accutane for 6 weeks? or did u just mean that u're taking 60 mg for 6 weeks and then upping that? Let me know if you have any questions... I'm about 5 weeks in, and would love to help! The first few weeks can be stressful (I had a rough 1st week.. and then a good 4 weeks. However, I'm breaking out again!! :( ) But oh well.. before we know it, we'll be done with this!!!

Take care~!

Hey :), yeah..60mg for the first 6 weeks...then I go back to the derm and see how i'm getting on.

I'm 65kg so I spose I can't take any higher than 65mg?

I'm a bit worireddd.

Day 1

Just took my first 3 pills, i'm on 60mg so i'm taking 3x20mg.

I'm actually still shaking i'm so nurvous lol!!

So yeh...at the miniute my face is pretty oily and i have quite a few nasty bumps on my chin line and some active acne on both of my cheeks.

Let's hope this goes ok, I know i'm gonna have side effects so I spose i'll start having them pretty soon.

Still not sure if i should take 40mg in morning and 20mg at night or something...although derm said all 60mg in morning. Would be great for some advice and help guys :)

Nick

i wish you all the best with the drug.

I think your initial dose is too high for your bodyweight. But some dermatologists like to presribe it that way.

how old are you?

hey bruv im 6'2" i started on 40mg day then after 2 months got bumped to 60mg - your dose sounds fine. my acne was way worse than yours, but tane fuckin rocks - its finally starting to clear up now.

Initially, be patient. I didn't start seeing results until...about 6 weeks in. But trust me, the hard yards will be worth it.

Good luck, I'll check back on this later to see how you are going

Thanks guys :)

Do you think it would be advisable for me to take some supplements? I asked my derm but he said it does'nt really matter...

Day 2

Took 3 20mg pills at 9:05am after my coco pops!

I'm thinking of taking 40mg in the morning and 20mg at night, would that be a good idea? Even though my derm said all in morning...but i'm sure it won't hurt?

Anyway...no side effects at the moment, my legs felt a bit achey yesturday but i'm sure that wasn't tane, and was me being paranoid.

Acne wise, 4 whiteheads I had on my lower cheek seem to have almost gone, but I got one new nasty one to the side of my nose. Oilyness seems to still be the same.

Oh and another thing...should I avoid eating food with vitamin A?

Good luck on tane. Were starting at around the same time and I'm also starting at 60mg/day I think the 60 mg will be fine, I also don't think it matters if you take some at night and some in the morning. go for it.

Good luck again. I'm sure you'll be clear before you know it.

Best of luck Nick, at that dose you'll see a rapid change, your acne will be a lot worse in the first two weeks.

You're young and your acne is totally different to mine so making comparisons would be a waste of time.

Take them all in one go, you'll have that much of the drug in your system it would be a waste of time splitting the dose.

I wouldn't worry too much about what food you eat.

Do you have a good moisturiser, Dermol 500 on prescription works well, also good for washing your face with too.

Day 3

Things seem to be going ok at the moment..my acne don't seem anyworse than when I started.

Have noticed that the whiteheads I get seem to go down quciker than before :)

Still no side effects..lips are fine and skin is still pretty oilly..when I wake up. After I washed it got really dry and the skin on my nose is like peeling away almost.

i know i've not spoken to you in ages, but noticed this thread lol... i've almost finnished my course(about 5 weeks left...), and i tell you it's amazing... seriously. and the 60mg dose sounds quite high for a starting dose but if your derm was sure i guess they know best. (i have only just been bumped to 60mg...)

you know the routine to combat the side effects... when you get to about week four i think thats when you realise you need to do something about them lol :P i wouldn't moisturise until you need to...

and i would take vitamin C+E and omega oils... C has definitely helped me, when i stopped taking it for a week i got a cold lol. I find my imune system is down during roaccutane for some reason... but vitamin E helps repair the skin and omega oils apparnetly help with absorbtion :S so i've heard. just dont take cod liver oil as that has vitamin A in it and we dont want that. lol.

i wish you all the luck in the world....

xx

Day 4

Skins looking ok at the moment...not very oily but not that dry.

No side effects...everything seems to be going ok :) Don't even feel like i'm on any drugs really lol!

Must go to be soon...very longgg day.

Day 5

My skins been really dry today...but spose that's cos I didn't moisturize (wanted to see how dry it gets). The oil is coming back now tho so :(

Feeling fine within myself...lips are fine, no nose bleeds or anything.

Acne is actually looking OK too...no new spots to report...apart from these annoying whiteheads and the side of my nose.

I'm 2 months in and it's been almost plain sailing. I was shitting myself about my lips getting really dry, but they've been easily sorted with lip balm for all apart from a difficult second week. You will probably have permanently shiney lips though! I'm 72kg and am taking 80mg (all in evening), with vit e and fish oil supplements.

... and I've done 4antibiotics!

Day 6

Skins becoming a little dry on my face, especially around nose.

Still no side effects and no inital breakout. I got like two white heads come up, but nothing major.

Face looking better than last week :)

Day 7

Lips are starting to get dry..I'm applying vaseline and 30 mins later there dry.

Same with skin..it's becomming generally dry all over. Few new whiteheads have appeared, but not loads.

No other side effects to report.

Skins looking OK, and my skin tone is looking alot more red.

Acne on my back seems to have got worse.

Day 8

Week alredy gone, goes sooo quick!

Well skin at the moment on face is looking quite red, but the acne isn't actually anyworse than before i started tane.

Dry lips have began. Haveving to re-aply petroleum jelly every 30 mins, or else they feel like a dry and horrible.

Skin is alot direr in generall, cuasing flaking over my face, especially around nose. Oil production seems to have reducded a bit.

Acne on back seems to have got a bit worse, but im not sure if thats an IB. No other side effects except the dryness.

(PS- Would appreciate some more comments guys!)

Day 9

Acne on back seems alot worse, didn't notice it like this before.

Dry lips, dry skin.

No other side effects.

Acne on face same as yesturday really...few spots on either cheek and lower cheek, forehead is ok :)

Day 10

Dry skin :(:(. My face is becoming reallly dry, even after I apply moisturizer it gets dry and flaky after about 10 mins! Same with lips, having to apply jelly every 15 mins, lips also feel really sore and as if there not there sometimes. And there getting all cracked in the corners :(

Acne on face seems to be getting a little worse. Got some really itchy bumps on both my uppser cheeks. And clusters of whiteheads and nodule type things around my mouth and between eyebrows. :( Ahh maybe the initial breakout is starting on my face.

Back is still bad. Eyes are really ichy and stingy too. Think i'm going to have to get me a better face cream.

Oh and my face seems to have got alot more red and seems like a different colour too my neck :(

No other side effects that I know of. Would anyone know what my cumulative does it by the way?

hey nick, Thanks for coming by my log. I'm sorry to hear about your breakout, don't worry this will be worth it in the end. how long is your course?

hey nick, Thanks for coming by my log. I'm sorry to hear about your breakout, don't worry this will be worth it in the end. how long is your course?

I'm not too sure really. I'm on 60mg now. If someone could work out my cumulative dose I would be really greatful :)

Oh and just another question...do you think it will be ok to take travel sickness tablets while on tane?